brain foods and reading material

Guest chicken bone

Guest chicken bone

what are some of the most original and weird books you've read?? right now i need something different but i dont know where to look.

heres one for you:

V. by Thomas Pynchon

i read it about a year ago, and now its sort of stuck in the back in my head, and i remember the storyline as if it were apart of my own distant memory.. have any of you read this book?

brain fart!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I love this thread http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif'>

Heres some i really liked:

"The beach" by alex garland

"The tesseract" by the same author(ooops i reveald my self)

"High Fidelity" by nick hornby

(Its all about girls...and the evil that they do to us!)

"Needle in the groove" i dont know who wrote that.

Guest chicken bone

yeah i was going to read 'high fidelity' but then it just so happened that the movie came to me first (bad chicken bone!)

it was actually really funny. all these references to obscure records that i own and funny record collecter/DJ habits.. if any of you are DJ's on this board, you should either read or watch the movie.

heres another good book:

The Trial by Franz Kafka

remember, only weird and out-of-the-ordinary books please.

i'll check out The Tesseract, Tesseract.

thanks.

Guest imported_Tesseract

If you are interested in music,you really should pick "Needle in the groove"

I havent actually read it but my sister did and told me what is all about.

Its about a band that creates an organic device like a music recorder or something.

They record the music to it and let it play.

That recorder responds to things as we do and plays the music different each time.alternating the whole thing depending on its condition.

So they start to expirement with that,they shoot heroin on it to hear how will it the music after that.Sounds interesting.

Guest WebsterUno

Godd Read:

Crime Partners-Donald Goines

(cuzz it felt like I was watching a Tarantino flick) http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//wink.gif'>

Brain Food:

a Turkey and Cheese sandwich, for lunch, will boost your energy, versus 5 steak tacos, which would bring you down and make you sleepy. (during work)

Blueberries help to circulate your blood, plus theyre a natural antioxidant, a cleanser. I guess thats brain food.

the cosmic serpant. its about ties between DNA and hallucinations of shamen in the amazon. sick sick sick stuff. dont recall the author off hand, but this book is amazing. dosoner and cracked should give this one a look.

fr8oh.. did you ever pick this one up, id really like to hear what you think of it

[This message has been edited by beardo (edited 09-06-2001).]

naked lunch & the yage letters : william burroughs

ham on rye, post office, & play the piano drunk like a percussion instrument : charles bukowski

tropic of cancer : henry miller

------------------

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars--oscar wilde

Guest fr8lover
Originally posted by Tesseract:

"High Fidelity" by nick hornby

(Its all about girls...and the evil that they do to us!)

that is a great book...i love english comedy books...their humor is cool, real dry.

Originally posted by miz303:

...water and bread........and chesse..and watermelon and a couple of bananas,and some strawberees............and a lime...303

heh.....this kid has his brain on all the time.

its kinda weird i guess, not really to me, but some people i know think its really strange, is FLATLAND: a romance of dimensions by edwin a. abbott.

nifty, obscure little book worth checking out.

and MONKEY by Wu Ch'eng-en.......a super old folk novel of china...really unique.....definitely worth finding.

Archived