Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
heavyLox

dual cable Modems?????? HELP HEAVYLOX cause he'ed help you.

I haven’t tried this yet, so I wanna ask before I waste the money. I also know there are other ways to do this, however, this will be the least obtrusive and secure.

the question is this: Can I use two cable modems on the same Cable line at the same time. I have two Cable boxes in different rooms, and I want to be online in both of them.

Anyone done this or have any ideas why it is or isn’t a good idea?

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by E MARTYR

the router would be the way to go to save that 10 bucks.

This is the best answer you're going to get....

Originally posted by test pattern

describe your desired purpose

I have two computers in two rooms both rooms have cable TV's. One room has a cable modem.

I want to have access to the internet in the other room as well. I dont want a wireless router or air port, I would rather just split the cable line in the other room as i did in the room that presently has internet access.

Ive got bad walls for wireless router/airport ans i dont want to deal with firewalls and other people jumping my signal.

and a router just adds miles of cord to an already cord heavy space. And bunnys tend to chew cords.

well, then it looks like you are shit outta luck.

Are you too lazy to walk to the other room to get on the net or is there another person you are sharing the net with?

Just get a non-wireless router and run an ethernet cord from your first cable modem into your other room.

just split the main line, and distribute it amongst the two modems. it should work, but the speed MAY be effected. i'm not sure on that, though.

what you're asking about should work, though.

if you password protect your wireless network no one's gonna jump on your signal..and the firewall issues are the same as you currently have, since it would be the same connection..

the wall thing could suck but 802.11b is pretty sick...i have my airport basestation upstairs and i still get connectivity in my basement...2 flights down..

it's either wireless...or a long ass ethernet cable...each cable modem used has a device ID and needs to be activated on your cable company's system...

u are describing a very large waste of resources

would you have put two modems in your computer back in the day..

its possible to be on two networks at once but not streaming identical content through the two.. its just a matter of redundancy.. you would need some kind of special coded app to route requests through both pipes and to calculate which portions of files were downloaded already, hash them, and reassemble

code it for the rest of us to use.. see u in a few years