Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
newmark

German Caps

German Caps and their history

Did writers originally take germans off other cans like the fats? Was there one person who was pioneer of german caps? When did germans first start making them: graff or other purpose first?

This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Shit, i was going to ask this. When did mail-order caps start happening? Some wierd instinct tells me 1993 or so but i have absolutely nothing to back that up.

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by newmark

someone told me that germans first came on rustos??? Anyone know history?

Rusto fats and german fats are two different types.

no...i kno rusto fats and german fats are diferent...i asked someone else and they thought germans firstcame on some rustos. I just wanna know some history of where everything was started. Like what company makes german caps?

I asume that the german (outline) cap was modeld after the old comfort tips that rusto used to have. as far as knowing the full story... I do not.

Guest imported_b0b

Germans don;t have rusto, so why would they be modelling it on a rusto cap? There are many lovely, easily obtained brands of paint in Germany so the origins could be one of many.

"onesecondple maybe they didnt ever come on cans, a company just started makin them"

thats what

I thought

Originally posted by newmark

someone told me that germans first came on rustos??? Anyone know history?

yeah, what Tabloid said about the 'comfort cap' that was stock on Rusto for a while... it was sort of shaped like a German but it wasn't a low pressure cap so it wasn't super clean or anything... I haven't used one of those since around 95 or so, my memory is foggy, seems like I thought they were better on Krylon than the stocks but NY thins and fats ruled the day for me back then...

They were red and had white or yellow dots in them, shaped like those rusto thins at urbandesignz or the German thins 2 at bombingscience.

Originally posted by Nekro

They were red and had white or yellow dots in them, shaped like those rusto thins at urbandesignz or the German thins 2 at bombingscience.

they dont have rusto thins....

Guest imported_Europe

Caps have different nicknames everywhere you go.

europe hit it.

caps have different names all over the place.

ive found 'german fats' on american cleaning products, and 'ny fats' on european products.

go do some searchign for yourself.

closed.