favorite punk band(s)

MANIK DEK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

atmosphere because hes on epitaph and epitaph is punk.......

yeah not really

bunchofuckingoofs

dayglo abortions

suicidal tendencies(old)

sudden impact

ive seen propagandhi once before and i live in canada

it was ok to say the least

dillinger four were great though........that really doesnt have anything to do with anything

the end

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

Seems to me everyone starts out listening to

punk and slowly drifts into other style of music...

be it classic rock, jazz, rap or whatever... no

one can listen to that shit forever but it's a good

foundation.. meh.

Yeah, I get what your saying. Alot of my friends who listened to punk back in the day, have also changed genres totally. Then again, punk got me into different genres, I guess. Without punk, I wouldn't have found ska, and without ska, no reggae, ect ect.

London calling...

I can't help but notice that even most of the bands people consider "new" on here are actually quite old. It feels like punk finally is truly dead and it is a genre I miss sorely. I guess hardcore has taken it's place. I don't think I really like hardcore. Can't really pass judgement. It's got lyrics as nihilistic as metal but it doesn't have the musical proficiency of metal, it's got music on par with what might be considered punk proficiency but not the inspiring lyrics. Sometimes I think it's blind faith in straight edge and lacking the political balls.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned. I think about all the good punk shows I went to as a teen in michigan like deadclownpile (noisepunk) and I wonder if I will ever hear or see anything like that again. Maybe punk decided it got waaay to close to the mainstream and retreated to the most deepest and darkest recesses of sub-sub-sub culture back into the primoridial womb that spawned it.

OK, here are some good Canadian punk bands that you should all check out otherwise you are gay and a loser.....

Choke - THE best Canadian punk band EVER. Their new stuff (ie. Forward and There's A Story To This Moral albums) are some of the most innovative and complex shit you will ever hear. Definitely taking it to the next level....

Deville - Local boys that put on a killer live show. Their last album, A Step From Forever, is fucking GNAR.....

Belvedere - Another local band. I remember they used to play shows seemingly ever week back in the day. They always played at the Multi Cultural Center, the most dingiest, dirtiest shithole you could imagine. Man I miss that place.....

OK I'm tired of writing descriptions, here's just a list....

Late Night Radio

Choliac

The Failure

Selfmademan

By A Thread

DOA (How have they not been mentioned??!)

One Shot Left

Propagandhi

Moneen

Sector Seven

Layaway Plan

SNFU

New Town Animals

The Wolfnote

Buzzing Bees

The Corta Vita

That's all I can think off right now.....

Also, Small Brown Bike and Fairweather are awesome non-Canadian bands that have yet to be named....

OK I'm done.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if I mentioned this band yet. Showcase Showdown.

And maybe last month the bassist, i think, of the dead milkmen killed himself. sad.

NEW YORK (Billboard) -- Dave Blood, bassist for defunct Philadelphia rock act the Dead Milkmen, committed suicide Wednesday, according to a post by his sister on the band's official message board (http://deadmilkmen.com).

"This morning Dave Blood is no longer with us," wrote Blood's sister, Kathy. "David is my brother. Since the breakup of the band David has never really found his niche in life. My brother was a smart, clever and talented person. Inner peace has seemed to elude him for the last many years. Sometime last night David chose to end his life. He left a note that I don't know all of what it said, he was not elaborate -- but he said he just could not stand to go on any longer."

A memorial service will be held in the Delaware County area of southeastern Pennsylvania at some point in the near future, with details to be announced.

"I'll miss Dave as a friend and a bandmate," Clean wrote. "He helped make lots of folks here very happy with the music we all made together. He will not be forgotten."

The Dead Milkmen formed in 1983 and quickly rose to prominence in the college radio circuit. Their 1985 debut album, "Big Lizard in My Backyard" boasts the cult-classic single "Bitchin' Camaro," but was overshadowed in 1988 by "Punk Rock Girl," which was an MTV staple of the time.

The band dissolved after releasing "Stoney's Extra Stout (Pig)" in 1995. In late 2003, Restless/Ryko released a retrospective of early and rare recordings, "Now We Are 20," and the "Philadelphia in Love" DVD, which compiled all of the band's videos.

In recent years, Blood had stopped playing bass due to extreme tendonitis. In the mid-'90s, he enrolled at Indiana University to study Yugoslavian culture, and spent nearly a year in the country between August 1998 and April 1999. In an e-mail interview (http://www.markprindle.com) late last year with journalist Mark Prindle, he expressed interest in returning to the country in the near future.

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

And maybe last month the bassist, i think, of the dead milkmen killed himself. sad.

NEW YORK (Billboard) -- Dave Blood, bassist for defunct Philadelphia rock act the Dead Milkmen, committed suicide Wednesday, according to a post by his sister on the band's official message board (http://deadmilkmen.com).

"This morning Dave Blood is no longer with us," wrote Blood's sister, Kathy. "David is my brother. Since the breakup of the band David has never really found his niche in life. My brother was a smart, clever and talented person. Inner peace has seemed to elude him for the last many years. Sometime last night David chose to end his life. He left a note that I don't know all of what it said, he was not elaborate -- but he said he just could not stand to go on any longer."

A memorial service will be held in the Delaware County area of southeastern Pennsylvania at some point in the near future, with details to be announced.

"I'll miss Dave as a friend and a bandmate," Clean wrote. "He helped make lots of folks here very happy with the music we all made together. He will not be forgotten."

The Dead Milkmen formed in 1983 and quickly rose to prominence in the college radio circuit. Their 1985 debut album, "Big Lizard in My Backyard" boasts the cult-classic single "Bitchin' Camaro," but was overshadowed in 1988 by "Punk Rock Girl," which was an MTV staple of the time.

The band dissolved after releasing "Stoney's Extra Stout (Pig)" in 1995. In late 2003, Restless/Ryko released a retrospective of early and rare recordings, "Now We Are 20," and the "Philadelphia in Love" DVD, which compiled all of the band's videos.

In recent years, Blood had stopped playing bass due to extreme tendonitis. In the mid-'90s, he enrolled at Indiana University to study Yugoslavian culture, and spent nearly a year in the country between August 1998 and April 1999. In an e-mail interview (http://www.markprindle.com) late last year with journalist Mark Prindle, he expressed interest in returning to the country in the near future.

Damn, that's rough. One of my favorite bands,

RIP Mr. Blood, see you in the Spit Sink.

My boy's sister used to hang out with these

guys on the regular back in like 87... I wonder

if she knows this shit.. good find, mang.

Guest mikro137

fuckin a! dude my old band covered tonight tonight , and duty free. this is probally the illest band mentioned so far. i wish they didnt break up.

songs to look for

god save robert blake

ho ho ho chi men

merry christmas i fucked your snowman

i have a date with louise woodward

the list goes on

permenant stains is a timeless record.

Originally posted by mikro137

merry christmas i fucked your snowman

This song always fills me with the holiday cheer around christmas. Yeah my old band played a couple of shows with them. Plus I'm always a sucker for a punk rock girl in a band.

Fuck you norway is also a timeless classic by showcase.

http://www.damagedgoods.co.uk/images/bands/bp-show.jpg'>

"you're so proud to be from the baltics, but I think you're a bunch of pricks. You love the vikings, but they are gay, so take your visions and go away. fuck you , fuck you, fuck you norway.

Guest mikro137

This song always fills me with the holiday cheer around christmas. Yeah my old band played a couple of shows with them. Plus I'm always a sucker for a punk rock girl in a band.

Fuck you norway is also a timeless classic by showcase.

http://www.damagedgoods.co.uk/images/bands/bp-show.jpg'>

"you're so proud to be from the baltics, but I think you're a bunch of pricks. You love the vikings, but they are gay, so take your visions and go away. fuck you , fuck you, fuck you norway.

:lol: hell yeah!

so this fellow came up to me and asked me if id like any of his fine wine magazines....

ok im not really checking if these have been mentioned before...and some of these arent really punk some pyscho/rock-a-billy

alkaline trio

sloppy meat eaters

nekomantix

the detroit cobras (more like garage rock)

distillers

horror pops

the generators

the gc5

danzig

me first and the gimmie gimmies

deadly pale

downway

goldfinger

the queers

reggie and the full effect

ataris

tiger army

the pouges

demented are a go

guana bats

lagwagon

(grrl punk i guess)

L7

fabulous disater

babes in toyland

...hmmm i could go on forever

Aus Rotten

August Spies

Civil Disobedience

The Pist

The Trouble (even though gibby is a dooche)

:30 over tokyo (I only like a few songs by them)

I haven't listend to any "punk rock" in a loong time, maybe it's time to brush off the old 7"'s. What a time in my life, when it was cool to smell bad and wear safety pins in your ears.

Archived