Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles (nintend/rpg/FF series nerd discussion)

Dirty_habiT

So the game was "released" this morning and I am now downloading the .rar files. Hopefully by this afternoon I will be playing the new Final Fantasy in ENGLISH.... I had the japanese version about a month and a half ago.... but that games difficult to figure out in Japanese if you know what I mean.

Has anyone else been watching the develepment of this game? Does anyone on this site even have a gamecube?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i finaly purchased a gamecube. circuit city had a deal going on that if you buy the console, you get either madden 2004 OR NFL street for free.

since NFL street included a 10$ giftcard in the first week it was released, i got NFL Street and a 10$ gift card for free for buying a gamecube.

i am so smart.

i'm going to yank a final fantasy lanyard and poster from circuit city's promo pack thing tomorrow heh...

Make sure you go out and buy phantasy star and a broad band adapter.... those are the two things that allow you to play the images of the games.... (like the FFCC I'm dl'ing right now)

But yeah, go get PSO and the BBA..... then ask me what next and I'll tell you how to get some goodies.

whenever i listen to "rap" on the radio that 50cent song comes on..

"im dirtay dirtay... im from south side jamaica queens"

i think: "hey i wonder how dirtyhabs is doing?"

:( long time no talk! how are you??

(sorry i inturrupted your FF thread but i wanted to say Hi :)

dee/toolazy to hit "email////one.

ohhh and ps.

we got a ps2 recently (i got it for the mr. for xmas)

um. we have like three games so far:o ..damn games are like 50 dollars. i miss super nintendo. the xbox seems better than our ps2 sometimes!!

anywho.. i enjoy our mortal kombat and twisted metal black alot. twisted metal is kind of fucked up when you read the little booklet it came with.. i wish i could be the graphic designer that designed that shit.

im not too familiar with FF... all i know is that ive seen parts of the movie that came out a few years ago (i saw it bootleg before it came out from some game design/animator geeks who went to my school) and it was very stunning.

dee-that is all.

:D

hahaha.... goood goooood. How's about yourself? How's my nephew? I haven't been the best online friend lately to anyone because I've been busy with legal stuff and working alot.... and someday I'll get around to finally mailing you that CD. Ask Tesser about me taking forever to mail stuff. But yeah, I'm doin alright, that's funny that song reminds you of me, I wonder how many other people have the same thoughts when they hear Dirty. What kinda ticks me off though is there's that person who writes "Durt" or whatever on the freights (you know who you are). Too bad I guess... hehe.

Hey my videogame is finished dl'ing and I started it right when I posted this thread (check the time stamp)..... That's right 753 M in such a short period of time, ThankYou news servers.

:) im doing good, its the start of a new quarter so ive been a lil busy too. ive switched to day class instead of night, so im adjusting to it... its way busier.. but i like it. (day class, not busyness)

orion is doing great! he got sick for a week but now he is all better<3

and legal stuff aye? good stuff! all.... important stuff :)

::hug!::

Hehehe awesome.... I don't get on aim that much anymore, but I'm on right now.... I know you probably get flooded with IM's when you log on. Aww that sucks when the little tykes get sick, they are just so miserable and small they can't do anything about it. Thank God for moms. My little 7 year old brother is at home sick today.... and I am too, I'm supposed to be at work, but I'm sitting here getting sick of drinking this absolut.... harharharhar.

:HUGSSSSSS:

Well I wasn't real pleased about Squaresoft moving to Sony a couple years back. In fact, I didn't really like any of the Playstation series of final fantasy, as they strayed a bit too far into complexity. I like action type rpgs that aren't too dungeons and dragons if you know what I mean. Secret of Mana is a good one I can think of off hand.

I also got Sword of Mana on my GBA emulator about 4 weeks before it hit shelves.... and it's a really good sequel....

But yeah, this afternoon I will be one of the first North Americaner's to be playing the English Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles on my game cube. Thanks God!

I will be grabbing this shit ASAP. The only reason I'm not on Dirty's

method is that I would need to by a router, the broadband adapter,

phantasy star, and another cable. That's $200 right there... and I dunno,

I just don't wanna get it and find out some bullshit that I can't use it.

hehehe damnit, the new server post of the files is so new, that the one's that have errors still haven't been re uploaded by the "courier".

So I'm waiting for about 4 files to be fixed and then I'll be able to play.... still, it will be before this evening.... heheehehe be jealous be very jealous.

Originally posted by Fugazi

Good to know there are other Final Fantasy nerds out there. I have 1 through 9 for my Playstation 1 (except for 3 which was never released in the U.S.) Been playing Final Fantasy for 13 years now....

-uber nerd

What? 3 was released on Super Nintendo, aka FF6 for Japan. It was also rereleased in FF chronicles with ff4.

How did you get ff1 for your playstation?

Now that I think about it the only one I've never seen is ff2.

ok, fixed the broken parts of the download, backed up my memcard..... and now I have streamed the game to my cube, I am now watching the intro screen on my TV.... ok, see you all later for a while....

If anyone has a gamecube and is interested in doing this as well.... you need these things:

Phantasy Star Online 1&2 (not plus version)

Broad Band Adapter for Cube

Router and a Hub/Switch

Extra ethernet cable for the gamecube

and a couple pieces of software which I can help you get if you request.

edit: The artwork/animation/music in this game is beautiful.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

ok, fixed the broken parts of the download, backed up my memcard..... and now I have streamed the game to my cube, I am now watching the intro screen on my TV.... ok, see you all later for a while....

If anyone has a gamecube and is interested in doing this as well.... you need these things:

Phantasy Star Online 1&2 (not plus version)

Broad Band Adapter for Cube

Router and a Hub/Switch

Extra ethernet cable for the gamecube

and a couple pieces of software which I can help you get if you request.

Interesting...

Got everything except for Phantasy Star, but if they're only needed to DL games I could just rent them for free...and get free chrystal chronicles.

Might be hittin up your e-mail later on dhabz...

I dunno, i stopped playing final fantasy after #7 on the original playstation which to me remains the quinetessential FF game.

After that the heros started looking too much like glammed out homos. You can't tell the dudes from the girls anymore.

The new character costumes are hideous

Thanks for playing though LENS, this thread is for those who DO play.... so pick your self esteem up off the floor and take it with you.

Crimson... how are you gonna email me? hehehe.... yes you need to buy PSO because:

1. it's a decent game

2. it's used to stream the game images from the computer

so yes you need it, unless you just want to rent it everytime, which would be silly.... also every copy of PSO has a serial number used to register that copy uniquely to you when you sign up for online play (which I have yet to do). Haha, well anyway, if you need some help tell me.

I just got done playing the game for a little while, got all the way past the first "year" in the game, and so far it's nothing short of awesome. Haven't seen one glammed out homo yet!

The FF games have gone downhill. I held on until FFX, but I couldn't even get myself to finish it, due to it's all-around pansyness. Final Fantasy needs to move away from the realistic pretty-boy characters and "blitzball" bullshit and back to stuff like FF7. I know Chrystal Chronicles is different, and I would probably check it out if I had a Gamecube, but I think in general Final Fantasy is past its prime. Final Fantasy Tactics was definately my favorite FF game (despite the obscenely convoluted story and shitty translation.) I think if they made another full-out tactics game, with a sensical story, that would be ultimate, but it does not look like that's going to happen (besides the gameboy game...which was on the fucking gameboy.) Seriously, I just cannot understand how shit like this can possibly outsell shit like this.

Out of deference to squaresoft, however, I must add that Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross were pretty ultra.

if it's called final fantasy, why is there more than one?

i played ffx (for like a bazillion hours) and got most the way thru but eventually gave up because there were just way too many video sequence thingys (sorry about my game nerd speak...or lack there of) and not enough actually playing of the game. got way too annoying. if i wanted to watch a movie i'd get a dvd. but i must admit, that first sequence in the game was just fucking bananas

Well.... this new one is alot more different than the previous ones (on playstation). I'd say this is much more ACTION than RPG.... kinda like Secret of Mana, there is no "fight" vs. "free roam" mode... you fight monsters and walk around levels at the same time. The graphic effects used are very amazing.

Swif: you don't need all that network stuff, because I s'pose you could just connect directly from your comp to your cube.... they router and hub/switch are so that you can have internet access and still connect to the cube at the same time.

Originally posted by anal rapist

Fugazi, they have released all of the previous ones in anthology sets for the ps1.

No, they haven't. I was referring to Japanese 3. I own FF Origins, Chronicles, Anthology, and all of the single release FF games. Three is the only one that didn't make the cut.

Originally posted by Crimsøn

What? 3 was released on Super Nintendo, aka FF6 for Japan. It was also rereleased in FF chronicles with ff4.

How did you get ff1 for your playstation?

Now that I think about it the only one I've never seen is ff2.

I was referring to Final Fantasy 3 in Japan. Final Fantasy 1 (U.S./Japanese version) and Final Fantasy 2 (Japanese version) were released in the U.S. late last year as "Final Fantasy Origins" for the PS1 PS2 (bought mine on the release date... once again, nerd).

Originally posted by Mr. ABC

if it's called final fantasy, why is there more than one?

It was aptly titled "Final Fantasy" because it was released as what would have been Square Soft's (now SquareEnix) last game, as they were near bankruptcy and would soon be out of the video game market. The game's popularity EXPLODED, and saved SquareSoft from bankruptcy. Final Fantasy, along with Dragon Warrior and The Legenda of Zelda, helped pioneer the booming RPG market.

And to everyone's comments about the new Final Fantasy games, I couldn't agree more. At the time of it's release, I thought Final Fantasy 3 (U.S. version) was becoming too advanced (I now love it). Past Final Fantasy 9 you've lost my interest...

And Secret of Mana is one of the best games Square has ever released.

Guest amorphic

All I really know about this is that FFIII (or VI for you nerds out there) on SNES destroys the universe as far as RPG gaming goes.

Archived