morrison, death and the ultimate break-through

dosoner

A lot of idiots will tell you that Morrison was obsessed with death. This is a lie that Oliver Stone helped perpetuate. His obsession was to break through the ultimate of all spiritual boundaries...the fear of death. He was a man who was obsessed with life, and, like Christ, I feel he knew that he had to destroy the ultimate fear to find the hidden life in the universe and himself.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

simply saying, that when you die, you "are dead" explains nothing at all, of course you are dead when you die, but is there anything after this? is there really a god? are you going to be judged by what you did in your lifetime? will you travel to a diffrent demension and live among creatures, that are both so alien and abstract, compared to what your use to,that is will confuse and scare the hell out of you?

death is too uncertain to simply give it a lable of "im dead" and how would you know anyways?

edited for spelling, i think i got them all?

[This message has been edited by dosoner (edited 09-05-2001).]

Originally posted by dosoner:

simply saying, that when you die, you "are dead" explains nothing at all, of course you are dead when you die, but is there anything after this? is there really a god? are you going to be judged by what you did in your lifetime? will you travle to a diffrent demension and live among creatures, that are both so alien and abstract, compared to what your use to, it wont scare the hell out of you?

death is too uncertain to simply give it a lable of "im dead" and how would you know anyways?

you lack patience, this question is most assuredly answered for us all in time...

------------------

2 Can Sam

i dont have a lack of patience at all, im in no hurry to die. curious about what happens, yes, i definetly am that, but i am in no way in a hurry to die, i enjoy life and all its challenges. this is not a topic about being in a hurry to die, its a disscusion about whats out there, beliefs, and possibilitys of what we will find when we die. its not about deppression and suicide

simply saying, that when you die, you "are dead" explains nothing at all........that is will confuse and scare the hell out of you?

up until a year ago i had honestly seen death as a simple process, heart stops, your buried, thats it....latley though ive started to wonder if thats it at all, ive started to ponder the concept of the "soul"...the possibility that there is something after this life, the posibility of reincarnation, and endless cycle of life...a lot of times though after thinking about these things i start to question why im thinking about them, the possibility that it is not so much beleif as hopefulness, no one wants to have a one shot deal at life...i honestly dont think a good majority of people could live a healthy life with the mindset that once they die thats it and i think that is part of the reason these things, an afterlife, god, reincarnation, etc. have come about...then again our understanding of our surroundings is so miniscule that anything is possible...

------------------

brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

i dont have a lack of patience at all, im in no hurry to die

you DO lack patience, I never suggested, even HINTED, that you were in a hurry to die... perhaps if you'd put a smidgeon more time into your interpretation of my words... anyway, go live a long healthy and happy life and rest secure in the knowledge that the instant your life is over, your question will be answered... simple

------------------

2 Can Sam

Guest WeAreJerryLewis

I remeber reading alot about morrison and his peyote trip, Pretty interesting stuff although Ive never been a huge fan of the doors, i own two albums and are familier with the work that they did as well as some of jims personal life.

He was a great lyracist and his death was a loss to fans and others alike, as he extensivly helped the proggresion of psychadelic music and the conncetion between the artist and freedom of expression.

I can also understand your dismay with the explotation of morrisons "beliefs" and death, as the same thing happend with Leary and in neither case was it justafiable. (sorry for the grammatical errors)

------------------

"If you voted for Bush in the last election, you can't take a dump here. Your asshole is in Washington."

Archived