Modest Mouse appreciation

Agt. Adopus

Yeah...

Despite Modest Mouses recen appearance in a Nissan commercial, I love them. Isaac Brock is a genius. Id have to say my favorite album is the Lonesome Crowded West. There new album, "Good News for People Who Love Bad News", is coming out in April

I would also like to address the criticism Modest Mouse has been getting due too there participation in the Nissian commercial. - When I first heard the commercial I was shocked and saddened. It was disappointing to hear a band like Modest Mouse in a fucking commercial for a van. But you have to realize this - Modest Mouse has not been "underground" or "independent" since probably late 97 - early 98. When they released The Moon and Antarctica on Sony records, they blew up. And guess what, Gravity Rides Everything, the song in the Nissian commercial, was on The Moon And Antarctica. Therefor Modest Mouse DID NOT have to consent to there song being used, it is PROPERTY OF SONY. So in essence, you should have been bellyaching far sooner, if at all. Sony got money from Nissian then paid Modest Mouse money.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

No, this is where you're wrong. These fucks have absolutely no talent. They fuckin sound like grandma's singing. This shit pisses the fuck outta me every time my roommate plays them. They don't play a single fuckin note, everything sounds like it's out of tune, I mean goddamn!

Originally posted by 26SidedCube

Dramamine. Never Ending Math Equation.

Modest Mouse are some weird guys. Not like

Indie-pop Weezer weird.. like.. having a homeless

retarded guy living in a fort they built for a couple

years then being really emotionally distraught

when he just left one day. Cool. I like their music.

I don't like the fat chicks in horn-rimmeds with

jet black hair that listen to them, though.

i appreciate modest mouse

i also appreciate hearing good music on tv whenever there's nothing but straight up bullshit on for the last like six years.

there's not a goddamn thing wrong with having your music on a commercial. "oh, but music's not about making money." you might say.

music is also not about "staying underground".

llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllets go to the movies

eric judy's sister is my oldschool homeboys girlfriend. i kicked it with those guys and our kids played an shit. i really cant stand emo. they arent that rich, but they get cash for that commercial. its trippy seeing a bunch of writers are interested in them.

Archived