Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: Re: Re: Re: LOS ANGELES!

Originally posted by fatbastard

oh ok, i didnt know that...i havent got that far in vice city yet. were cebz and perez early 80's writers?

but even so why did they put all that bullshit unrealistic graphic design crap in there and add the exact rebel and princess in vice city as in gta3?

i dont know i just think details are important.

naw they are some guys from the late 90's who threw a few tags around miami and thats it

yeah it sucks that they had lame graff and kept using the rebel but only writers would care for that mino detail, but still they should try and find real writers for each game they make

• 1 month later...

After registering a number of potential Grand Theft Auto titles earlier this year, Rockstar Games has today confirmed that the next game in the series will be Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. A PlayStation 2 exclusive, the game is currently scheduled for release in North America on October 19 and in Europe on October 22.

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," said Sam Houser, president of Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved, and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

"We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series, and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values," added Leslie Benzies, president of Rockstar North.

We'll bring you more information on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as soon as it becomes available.

By Justin Calvert, GameSpot [postED: 03/01/04 05:22 AM]

Originally posted by Weapon X

Another Hint:

If you havent noticed, over at www.gtasanandreas.com there is a whole lot of advertising having to do with the state of California on it. That site is registered by Richard Kruger (Which is Rockstar's webmaster), so he could have chosen all that advertising to be there on purpose. Could this be a hint of the next game being set in California? Remember, San Andreas is based off of San Francisco, which is located in California!

why would a game based in san andreas be set in san francisco, rather than actually being in san andreas?

Originally posted by Weapon X

California Area Code:

You know the barricade around the corner from the back entrance of the Cherry Popper Ice Cream Factory? Well on the sign, there is a phone number. The phone number has the digits "661". According to several people on the foreign forum I found this hint on, 661 is the area code for California, which is where San Francisco is, and also where the game is suppose to take place. Of course I had to look it up myself, and I found that 661 is the area code for California!

and i had no idea all of us californians shared an area code... had i known that i wouldn;t have so much trouble remembering phone numbers (i go through 3 or 4 area codes in an average week)

when this shit comes out... dont expect to see me for a month or two.

oh... going to miami beach has totally changed my opinion of vice city.

You know that feeling after you play for a few hours

when you go outside and think you can boost a motorcycle?

Well it's damn hard to resist that urge down there with yuppies driving porches.

March 01, 2004 - Ending all the speculation about the next installment of the Grand Theft Auto series, Rockstar Games announced today that Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is indeed coming out. GTA: San Andreas will be an exclusive title for PlayStation 2 and will ship on Tuesday, October 19, 2004 in North America, and Friday, October 22, 2004 in Europe.

In the past few months, the latest Grand Theft Auto continuously has been rumored as Grand Theft Auto: Sin City, Grand Theft Auto 5, and Grand Theft Auto: Anything You Can Think Of. To make things even more confusing, Rockstar Games registered those names for Internet sites in addition to other titles like Grand Theft Auto: Bogota and Grand Theft Auto: Tokyo. Unless these are potential future cities for the franchise, these names were most likely done to create red herrings for the press and fans of the series.

In the original Grand Theft Auto, San Andreas was a city that was based on the likeness of San Francisco. Sections of the city in the game had names that were variations of the names of different Bay Area neighborhoods. With the hilly nature of the city by the bay, gamers might be seeing some more terrain than previous installments.

With more than 11.5 million copies of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and more than 10.5 million copies of Grand Theft Auto 3 sold worldwide, there's a lot of pressure to make the next installment live up to the name. Leslie Benzies, president of developer Rockstar North, acknowledged this by stating, "We are extremely humbled by the success of the Grand Theft Auto series and it has made us push ourselves further than ever to create a title in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that will hopefully redefine the Grand Theft Auto series and revolutionize open-ended gameplay and video game production values."

"In the past couple of years, we have put an enormous amount of pressure on ourselves to ensure we do everything possible to exceed people's expectations with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas," stated Sam Houser, president, Rockstar Games. "Even though we still have eight months to go, we are starting to become very proud of what we have achieved and we can't wait to get the game into players' hands."

IGN spoke with Rockstar Games officials, but no more information was revealed. GTA: San Andreas completes Rockstar's exclusivity arrangement with Sony Computer Entertainment, which was modified last year to permit GTA III and GTA Vice City to appear on Xbox last fall. Thus, we suspect GTA: San Andreas might very well appear on Xbox one year after the fall 2004 PS2 release in fall 2005.

Check back later when we'll have more information about GTA: San Andreas.

-- Ed Lewis

From IGN.com

Originally posted by vinyl junkie

why would a game based in san andreas be set in san francisco, rather than actually being in san andreas?

and i had no idea all of us californians shared an area code... had i known that i wouldn;t have so much trouble remembering phone numbers (i go through 3 or 4 area codes in an average week)

Well I dunno if you're being sarcastic vinyl, but if you followed the GTA series they usually name the city in the game something different from the actual real-life city that it's inspired from.

New York being "Liberty City", Miami being "Vice City" and San Francisco being "San Andreas"... obviously referring to the San Andreas Fault Line out in Cali.

• 8 months later...
Originally posted by Weapon X@Jan 24 2004, 09:20 AM

story3.jpg

FBI sources claim a well-known female bank robber and stick up merchant may now be operating in the Liberty City area. Police believe the above picture is of a mysterious and very dangerous female connected to a number of bank robberies in the southwest over the past three years. The FBI have been after this woman for several years now, following a string of robberies in Texas and New Mexico, and now believe she may have relocated to Liberty City, possibly with an accomplice.

The woman, of mixed Dominican and Colombian descent, is regarded as extremely dangerous, especially if you are a bank teller with a shot gun in your throat. She has, to date, avoided capture or apprehension by the security forces and is to be approached with extreme care.

Asked why they thought she was now living in Liberty City, our sources said, "We raided her apartment last week in one of those funny towns down south with a Spanish name, Los Something or other, or San Somebody, and we found a ticket with a flight to Francis International Airport. It didn't take us long to realize this was the airport in Liberty City, but just to make sure, we rang up and checked and then looked on the internet. However, this extra research meant she slipped through our fingers again, and is now still at large. We ask ordinary citizens not to worry. The full power and might of our incredible investigative team will be brought to bear on this woman, just as soon we find her. If you do see her, we suggest keeping very calm, before screaming 'Help, I'm in the presence of a dangerous psychotic lunatic. Please call the FBI right away!' In order to expedite this, we suggest ordinary citizens practice this whenever they are out and about."

from the Liberty Tree

In GTA: San Andreas... This woman becomes Carl Johnson's girlfriend fpr awhile.. and they end up doing a lot of robbing missions..

also in SA she looks a lot like Jennifer Lopez

oh and I found PYSA MSK pieces in the game..

Originally posted by icetray+Dec 1 2004, 06:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (icetray - Dec 1 2004, 06:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Weapon X@Jan 24 2004, 09:20 AM

story3.jpg

FBI sources claim a well-known female bank robber and stick up merchant may now be operating in the Liberty City area. Police believe the above picture is of a mysterious and very dangerous female connected to a number of bank robberies in the southwest over the past three years. The FBI have been after this woman for several years now, following a string of robberies in Texas and New Mexico, and now believe she may have relocated to Liberty City, possibly with an accomplice.

The woman, of mixed Dominican and Colombian descent, is regarded as extremely dangerous, especially if you are a bank teller with a shot gun in your throat. She has, to date, avoided capture or apprehension by the security forces and is to be approached with extreme care.

Asked why they thought she was now living in Liberty City, our sources said, "We raided her apartment last week in one of those funny towns down south with a Spanish name, Los Something or other, or San Somebody, and we found a ticket with a flight to Francis International Airport. It didn't take us long to realize this was the airport in Liberty City, but just to make sure, we rang up and checked and then looked on the internet. However, this extra research meant she slipped through our fingers again, and is now still at large. We ask ordinary citizens not to worry. The full power and might of our incredible investigative team will be brought to bear on this woman, just as soon we find her. If you do see her, we suggest keeping very calm, before screaming 'Help, I'm in the presence of a dangerous psychotic lunatic. Please call the FBI right away!' In order to expedite this, we suggest ordinary citizens practice this whenever they are out and about."

from the Liberty Tree

In GTA: San Andreas... This woman becomes Carl Johnson's girlfriend fpr awhile.. and they end up doing a lot of robbing missions..

also in SA she looks a lot like Jennifer Lopez

oh and I found PYSA MSK pieces in the game..

[/b]

where's that piece at? RUSH TKO is in there right...?

• 5 months later...
Guest imported_Tesseract

For those that have been waiting, San Andreas is dropping for PC and XBOX on june 6 2005..finally

Archived