People who go to Arcades often are kinda like people who do graffiti. (kinda)

iloveboxcars

I have acouple friends who go to Golfland quite often and play uh, I belive their game of choice is Street Fighter 3rd Strike. Every now and then I go with them, and if I had more time on my hands I would go more often, but alas. This last time I went with them there were some dudes from another Golfland, apparently one in acouple cities over. This is a regular occurance, people actually go around to other arcades to beat the locals and rep their arcade. Our arcade people killed these other guys. So anyway, I just thought it was interesting.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

head's take that street fighter shit seriously...

there's a pretty sick documentary done by the founders of kioken who were street fighter freaks...called "bang the machine"

http://www.naatanet.org/cgi/2003/festival....ramFeature.tmpl

one of my homeboys in chicago is a street fighter freak / mortal kombat freak...actually i think he's ranked like 6th in the US in mortal kombat..and worked at midway as a beta tester...when he was in NYC he was all like "yo take me to chinatown fair" which is like ...one of the most well known arcades for street fighter nerds...

when we were in the bay on a skratch vacation we hit up this dave and busters and this kid was killin the locals...one of the locals was like "yo blood..you could get killed for that"..after he beat the dood like 10 times in a row...shit's funny how serious people take that shit...

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by enueone

head's take that street fighter shit seriously...

yeah...trying doing Guile's

infamous handcuff move on

a vietnamese gangster...

see how funny that shit is!

:lol:

Originally posted by WebsterUno

yeah...trying doing Guile's

infamous handcuff move on

a vietnamese gangster...

see how funny that shit is!

Most people are like, "well what handcuffs... golly, heeeyuk."

Guile handcuffs.... hold down+back 2 seconds... up+forward+Roundhouse+Strong

and then I forget how you undo it.... blehehlehjblh

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Most people are like, "well what handcuffs... golly, heeeyuk."

Guile handcuffs.... hold down+back 2 seconds... up+forward+Roundhouse+Strong

Which Street Fighter does this apply to.

Guile's a bitch and I hate him, but my friend would be glad to hear this info.

And Marvel Vs Capcom 2 is the best fuckin game ever....Jin kills it.

Capcom vs SNK2 is awesome as well.

when he was in NYC he was all like "yo take me to chinatown fair" which is like ...one of the most well known arcades for street fighter nerds...

I can't even comprehend the craziness that would occur there,

:lol: Mecca for Street Fighter.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Handcuff Release: To release an opponent from the handcuffs it takes a bit more timing than putting him/her into them. To release the opponent charge back as if you are going to do a Sonic Boom attack, then begin a half circle towards the opponent(like Dhalsims Yoga-flame). You must begin the half circle motion kinda of quickly, then when the half circle motion reach the down position slow a little. Now, as you rotate the controls between down and down-forward, press the forward(medium) kick button, and as the rotation reaches the forward position press the medium punch. Guile will throw the victim free. When you perform the handcuffs you are interrupting a flip kick with a throw, when you release the person you are interrupting a sonice boom, to a regular kick, and then finally with a throw. This takes a little work to master, but you can release the person.

I used to be really in to arcades. We would have Street Fighter "battles" at the neighbourhood 7-11, all the local kids would come and we'd play for hours. There was also a big arcade that was like THE spot to hang out at, anyone who was anyone would go there. It was like a nightclub, all these cool kids and hot girls. Awesome. This was probably 1992, 1993.....

That same arcade is still around, but it's a fraction of it's old size and there is never anyone in. Sigh......those were some fun fucking times.

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by krie

Buy an xbox and play from the comfort of your home.

Thats not as fun as being in an arcade

with your boys, and handcuffing some

lil gangster kid, then squabbing with his

boys because you wasted his quarter.

Crimson: "Which Street Fighter does this apply to."

Street Fighter 2, I think you can do it on Champion Edition too.

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

I used to be really in to arcades. We would have Street Fighter "battles" at the neighbourhood 7-11, all the local kids would come and we'd play for hours. There was also a big arcade that was like THE spot to hang out at, anyone who was anyone would go there. It was like a nightclub, all these cool kids and hot girls. Awesome. This was probably 1992, 1993.....

That same arcade is still around, but it's a fraction of it's old size and there is never anyone in. Sigh......those were some fun fucking times.

i cant even imagine a scene such as the one youre describing.

and as for that dance dance revolution...i walk by the arcade when im in the mall...i wanna kill each and every little asian raver kid that steps on that fucking game machine....they put one of those machines at the vans skatepark....WHY?? fuckin A. i dont get it....at all...die...

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by SleepAnDream

i cant even imagine a scene such as the one youre describing.

I can. We still have golflands around here..but they

dont have the same crowds that they did back then.

I think its the whole Street Fighter craze that made it

like that. There were big crowds of kids hanging

onto the street fighter machines. It got to the point

were the arcades had to have at least 5 working machines

just to keep people happy. Im not kidding when I say

that kids would fight over a game...shit was serious.

Our local mall's arcade would hold battles too, those

were intense as well. Then, Mortal Kombat came out...

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

I have acouple friends who go to Golfland quite often and play uh, I belive their game of choice is Street Fighter 3rd Strike. Every now and then I go with them, and if I had more time on my hands I would go more often, but alas. This last time I went with them there were some dudes from another Golfland, apparently one in acouple cities over. This is a regular occurance, people actually go around to other arcades to beat the locals and rep their arcade. Our arcade people killed these other guys. So anyway, I just thought it was interesting.

Pretty gay.

This is what happens when you've been in suburban America for too long. You start to rep gay shit like "arcade cliques" and miniature golf gangs and the flower-picking set and shit like that. And then you create a thread about it on 12oz as if it actually went hard.

http://www.wiggaz.com/photo/arcadewigga.gif'>