Hip-Hop scratchin' dudes...

Joker

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yes.

I make compilations of some of the best battles,

but I'm sure you can find others. There's probably

a disc from each years DMC finals.

* back.

so there's tons of DVD's and videos out there

search djmart.com for videos. There's a cd or two.

or hop onto kazaa or whatever your p2p of choice might be

and just search for 'DMC' or 'dj battle'

honestly alot of battle routines, without the visual aspect of the dj doing it live..is sorta painful to listen to..

scratch music though...that's where it's at...

if you get the chance..check out the homie D-Style's album: Phantazmagorea (cover done by Saber to boot..)

Mike Boo and Ricci Rucker: Scetchbook

(sick album...)

even q-bert's wave twister..

it's a large video file but this is my ex roommates showcasing at the toronto dmc eliminations (exess and mike boo)

http://www.styluswars.com/multimedia/qt/ex...boo_toronto.mov

fuck a dj battle =)

Originally posted by boner

hey enueone, did you post on the skratchpiklz/skratchcon forum a few years back?

yeah.. i used to post alot back in like 97 on the piklz board..not so much when it became skratchcon

i still read d's board every now and then...and i built the styluswars site...although i'll probably be redoing it to focus more on the label in the somewhat near future...

lol..yeah yoga's "turbo scratch" was just a really fast transform or some shit..

the battle scene sorta died in the US... toronto's got a healthy scene but i dunno ..i'm not into it like i used to be in like 96 - 97

i still cut every day but i'm more into making music and that seems to be the direction alot of cats are taking it..

damn..i haven't seen p-trix since he was out in new york for the US finals in 98 - 99...he was supposed to be in toronto the same time we were up there but he ended up not going because of the whole SARS thing..

Kid Koala(sp) his stuff is pretty good. Q-bert is always nice. DJ Craze, that nigga is too dam funky. DMC used to be the shit yo, dont diss them, ITF is way better now, and those Vextax battles are dope. I havent messed with the turntables in a minute, yall niggas inspired me to get back on it.

Peace!

both of the battle organizations have had thier problems...

DMC is money hungry...the battles in the US were good when they were run by Christie Z Pabon (fabel's wife) but once Tony Prince fired her...the battles got all weird and unorganized...

ITF is run better in europe than the states...it's kinda weird because all the european countries have their own ITF shit set up and none of them work together really..ITF hit hard when they came out tho..i remember being at the x-men vs ISP battle...that shit was rediculous...

Craze is dope but he's been doing more drum and bass stuff than turntablist shit...more money in spinning raves than trying to put out turntablist albums...

Koala is bugged the fuck out...

heads need to check up on the group Ned Hoddings, and Gunkhole...that's that next shit...

Originally posted by Hank Parker

Last performance i was dueling it out w/P-Trix.

no i didn't mean shit talking.....i meant we were on stage. and we had a beat dropped and just going back & forth.

i wanna say word up to DEADLY FRED and DJ YAYO of The Stylus Pilots if any of you guys remember them! Deadly Fred broke out the blue LED lights on his 1200's way before stanton did those.

also, I200CLUB......my man Scott from Ohio, aka Nonekned.

yeah i figured you meant being on stage..pat's sick on the juggles tho..i remember the first time i seen him perform at a tableturns out here..i was on stage going after him...and he busted out this juggle to that shabaam shadeeq track "soundclash"...and murdered it...i had a juggle i was gonna do to that too but it didn't even compare to his shit..so i just scratched..lol

yeah i remember them cats..deadly fred and yayo...that board was funny..odorbomb, the perverted slasher, rottenApple (even to this day no one knows who he is..haha), joe_Simms...

any old skratch chat heads up in here?

can i get an OVF?

Originally posted by Hank Parker

i wanna say word up to DEADLY FRED and DJ YAYO of The Stylus Pilots if any of you guys remember them! Deadly Fred broke out the blue LED lights on his 1200's way before stanton did those.

holy shit.. i always wondered if those guys ever made it big... any detroit people know what happened to them?

Originally posted by enueone

any old skratch chat heads up in here?

can i get an OVF?

:lol: :lol:

what about danny vanalli, danny vanilla and danny vanilli ! and then someone posted up that danny vanalli got killed in a hit and run and heads were like "oh shit.............." hahahahaha

alias_ is on this board ;)

lol...yeah danni_vannili..haha

dee_swift and aliaS_ would go at it...the rotten apple vs aliaS_ battle was funny...

deadly fred and yayo never really blew up but i remember the shit they'd post..fred was sick on the cut...

when my boys were doin a show in colorado , that kid selector_sam ran up and gave em a mix cd...it was pretty dope too...

but the sqratch aliaS_ ain't on this board...

would kinda be funny if he was tho..haha

Joker......did you get any work done over the holidaze???? huh?

huh? did ya?

heh, i saw the postcard...nice...wish i could attend.

anyway, i've got some stuff for ya...as in music stuff....stuff you're asking about. we can trade....your first born for 2 cd's stacked with mp3's...heh just kidding...ok, two of your best sheep, a chicken, and some homemade bean dip.

holla back at me, Mr. Joker. you know how we do with the cd's. i've got plenty of 'em for ya.

hope all is well.

take care.

Big Joker...

personally i think a 96-97 relese by Dj Krush-Japan, often reffered to at the time as a key innovater of acid bebop hop jazz anyway the release is labeled milight i think, its the Futura Canvas with lines and circles and features Ryno from Japan....i think anyway, Dj Ken Shane, Mos Deff, Stash, Futura 2000, Tragedy Kadafi...and some female vocal tracks...28 tracks in all.

In my opinion this is a shining example of the sharpened art of hip hop djing in a form paralell to the Fine Art of Letter Styles from the 80's.

For a more recent perspective from an entirley different continent Dj Qbert Wave Twisters Movie with animation by Big Bad Dug One TMF is a remarkable peice of hip hop culture...i regret to not be able to recollect the name of this old Qbert mixtape that got released on cd in Japan in 95 or so...it got lost:(

Dj Shadow is a bit after Qbert and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is good all around.

for battle typa styles...that shit kinda bugs...

but Mix Tape styles are some ill shit involving samples and scratches and manipulation...

if you want i could burn you all of the above except for the Dj Krush which i got on cd and vinyl and is well worth the purchase price as is Wave Twisters...you know....im hella drunk and shit and i could do that and feel like it was a remarkably good use of time and resources.