Anyone see the state of the union address last night?

SleepAnDream

thoughts/comments? it seemed like bush made some decent points and was "sincere" i guess (if thats possible), but how can you ever tell? he comes off as a fucking idiot 99% of the time but the democrats rebuttle seemed reeeeally weak. i think ill take up my right as a US citizen for the first time and vote this upcoming election and vote...id like to alot more informed though...where better to learn than a graffiti forum yknow? hook a brother up...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by SleepAnDream

i think ill take up my right as a US citizen for the first time and vote this upcoming election and vote...id like to alot more informed though...where better to learn than a graffiti forum yknow? hook a brother up...

I cant undestand how people could vote for bush, its not even a conservative/liberal question anymore. Bush has undoubtedly fucked up on everything he touched, thats all you need to concider

Originally posted by Poop Man Bob

Doing my best to spread this picture far and wide:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/atrios/chimpgonewild.jpg'>

The Kings ended up beating the Flames, I believe.

And yeah, don’t vote for Bush. Do whatever the fuck you want, actually. Just know this, Bush is an incompetent president, and your country pretty much sucks because of it.

yea he brought up the gay marriage thing, basically made it clear he was willing to make an amendment to the constitution to keep fags from getting married, rock on bush. i think its funny how people dont like a pres that actually has some balls to put to work, instead of an interns mouth. hes done a pretty fuckin good job if you ask me, and for all these weapon of mass d people, fuck off if you read the K report youd se the enriched uranium plants and ICBM launchers, and biological warhead found. beside sadaams ass needed to be takin out anyway, hes killed millions, kinda like that german guy back in the 40s, what was his name? anyway even if you dont like Bush theres no way you can like one of these democratic nominees, none of them have any clue what their doing, they are just fighting to see who can loose to bush.

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

i don't get it.

why should it matter if gay people get married?

Bush is the reason i'm going to register to vote.

bush is a religious person and in the bible it says a marriage is a union between a man and a woman. and if you bring up church is seperate from laws, than its a basis of morals, like just about all our other laws

Bush spills water, bumps microphone, says lots of words

During George W Bush's 2004 State of the Union address, he not only called for a half-billion dollar increase in education spending (about one 334th the cost of the war in Iraq), but he also spilled a glass of water, hit the microphone with his binder, and said lots of other things.

If you weren't keeping score, here's an official tally of the frequency of some of the words he used in the speech.

America - 64

Iraq - 24

*Kill - 20

Law - 20

Terror - 20

Drug - 15

Free - 12

War - 12

Danger - 11

Marriage - 9

Enforce - 8

Prison - 8

Regime - 8

Weapon - 8

Faith - 6

Peace - 5

Character - 4

Enemies - 4

"Nucuelar" - 4

Love - 2

Thugs - 2

Football - 1

Manhunt - 1

Rostrum - 1

*=Each word includes all forms. "Kill" includes: killed, killer, killing, etc.

----------------------------------------------

Taken from http://www.newsnshit.com/favicon.ico'>

Originally posted by Sone_ARC

bush is a religious person and in the bible it says a marriage is a union between a man and a woman. and if you bring up church is seperate from laws, than its a basis of morals, like just about all our other laws

bah. Religious person my ass. he's about as religious as a broomstick.

he's just trying to gain popularity with the conservative crowd.

Originally posted by Weapon X

Oh, and they shouldn’t be able to adopt kids, but nearly everyone is with me on that, no?

it is a difficult topic for me to come to conclusions with (just considering how the kid will take it).

However, kids brought up in gay families "succeed" more than the common folk (do well in school, get good jobs, etc). The highest instances are in woman and woman relationships. I'm guessing its all the sensitivity to the kid's feelings and an abundance of moral support.

yea but theres always the other end of those situations where the child could get pissed at his mommies for everyone picking on him about it, maybe he just deals with it, maybe he snaps. i think its just fucked makin a kid deal with that, even if his or her parents treat the kid perfectly and give him anything he needs, that still doesnt stop other people, especially kids in school, from fucking with him. im not real sure on where the majority stands on this

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

it is a difficult topic for me to come to conclusions with (just considering how the kid will take it).

However, kids brought up in gay families "succeed" more than the common folk (do well in school, get good jobs, etc). The highest instances are in woman and woman relationships. I'm guessing its all the sensitivity to the kid's feelings and an abundance of moral support.

I know a guy who was raised by his “mom and her roommate” and he is 23 years old, a high school drop out, dating an undeveloped 14 year old – making her skip school and everything. Yeah, he’s well off, but that’s because his uncle gave him his successful business.

It just isn’t right. Marriage is one thing, but in order to have a kid, it just has to be male/female. I don’t see how anyone can disagree. And that whole successful kids of gay parents thing doesn’t mean anything to me.

funny, i dont remeber this in the speech last nite:

http://www.startribune.com/stories/484/4322070.html

Iraqi council endorses rollback of women's rights

Pamela Constable, Washington Post

BAGHDAD -- For the past four decades, Iraqi women have had some of the most modern legal protections in the Muslim world, under a civil code that prohibits marriage below age 18, arbitrary divorce and male favoritism in child custody and property inheritance disputes.

Saddam Hussein's dictatorship did not touch those rights. But the U.S.-backed Iraqi Governing Council has voted to wipe them out, ordering in late December that family laws shall be "canceled" and such issues placed under the jurisdiction of Islamic legal doctrine, called sharia.

This week outraged Iraqi women -- including judges and Cabinet ministers -- denounced the decision in street protests and at conferences, saying it would set back their legal status by centuries and could unleash clashes among various Islamic strains that have differing rules for marriage, divorce and other family issues.

"This will send us home and shut the door, just like what happened to women in Afghanistan," said Amira Hassan Abdullah, a Kurdish lawyer. Some Islamic laws, she noted, allow men to divorce their wives on the spot.

"The old law wasn't perfect, but this one would make Iraq a jungle," she said. "Iraqi women will accept it over their dead bodies."

The order, narrowly approved by the 25-member council in a closed-door session Dec. 29, was made while Abdul Aziz Hakim, a conservative Shiite Muslim who heads the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, was chairing the council under a rotating leadership system. The order is being opposed by several liberal members as well as by senior women in the Iraqi government.

The council's decisions must be approved by U.S. administrator Paul Bremer, and aides said unofficially that his imprimatur for this change is unlikely. But experts said that once U.S. officials turn over political power to Iraqis at the end of June, conservative forces could press ahead to make sharia the supreme law.

"It was the secret way this was done that is such a shock," said Nasreen Barawi, Iraq's minister for social welfare and public service. "Iraq is a multiethnic society with many different religious schools. Such a sweeping decision should be made over time, with an opportunity for public dialogue." There is no immediate threat of the decision becoming law, she said, "but after June 30, who knows what can happen?"

Last year's SOTU:

• The United Nations concluded in 1999 that Saddam Hussein had biological weapons sufficient to produce over 25,000 liters of anthrax -- enough doses to kill several million people. He hasn't accounted for that material. He's given no evidence that he has destroyed it.
    The United Nations concluded that Saddam Hussein had materials sufficient to produce more than 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin -- enough to subject millions of people to death by respiratory failure. He hadn't accounted for that material. He's given no evidence that he has destroyed it.

This year's SOTU:

• ... dozens of weapons of mass destruction-related program activities...

Let's move those goalposts for the fourth time, shall we?

Weapon X - I disagree with you. I believe that a man and a man or a woman and a woman can provide more than adequate parenting skills and successfully raise a child. What matters is the quality of the parenting abilities, not what they do in the bedroom when the door is shut. I respect your right to disagree, so I hope you respect mine.

Providing one example of what happened to a guy raised by two women does not means all other situations will result in the same manner. I can list plenty of examples of fucked up children resulting from male-female parents, but that doesn't mean their inability to mesh with society is directly caused by the sexual preference of their parents.

Archived