there is something wrong with artists

ElectricitySucks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Really I'v seen alot of good stuff just going through and reading all the posts, especially 26s. Yes most artists are weirdos, why?, who knows. First of all, what are we everyone?, we are graff artists, so we our selves are artists no matter what we say. I'm an artist in both the regular world and the graff world. I do enjoy my art classes, i'm only in high school though. I look at my classes as more of experience time. Usually during the day I can't put aside time to draw, art class basically helps me force myself to get that time, not really force but to already have that time put asaide to where I have no worries of missing it. I don't follow my assignments, I always do what I want and my art teachers really understand me and grade from what I do, cause I am really one of the only kids in class that is accually there to do art not just to get an easy A. I'm a regular kid, not a freak or weirdo. My friend and I always sit back and joke about all the crazy kids. I hate it cause the only way to get anywhere in life when persuing art is to go to a school and get a degree. It sucks cause the look at your schooling before your skill, and thats bull shit. So umm I think I covered everything. Its all about your inspiration and visions that keep the real shit flowing. And the best art is always the art that is taken in new directions and creating your own style , not following the paths that were already set before you by the past.

most people i meet ask me what art class im in or what classes im taking, i just let um know....none, that to me is the ultimate compliment, where someone thinks your in a class because your so talented even though you've never even considered taking one, but thats kinda off topic, to get back on topic there are 4 people my family who i consider the "artists", my brother, a female cousin, a male cousin, and my self..none of us are stereotypically weird in any way

Originally posted by kido

left handed artist are about ten times weirder, from what i have seen, yet much more creative and interesting.

I dont believe it has anything to do with what hand you use. I think it's more experience. It is kinda true, if i think about the really amazing "artists" I've known they are a little out there.

Why do some people find it wrong if people are getting educated about art? I never took any art classes in highschool but I found that I had talent and an extreme interest in art. All kinds of art. So I decided to become an art major to hopefully have a career in can be happy with. Now I can explore many areas of art, that wouldn't be possible with out proper equipment, from graphic design to glassblowing. I'm not going to be taught style, or creativity. I go to be taught methods and techniques, to be refined by myself, so I may use them how I want. Does this not make me a "true artist"? Besides, its like any one elses opinion matters. As long as I'm happy...................fuck you!

Originally posted by ThePoet

I hate it cause the only way to get anywhere in life when persuing art is to go to a school and get a degree. It sucks cause the look at your schooling before your skill, and thats bull shit.

wow that is wrong,

your skill?

we dont care ifyou can draw, art schools are already full of idiots who paint pretty pictures, go study graphic design or fashion instead.

what we need today is HIGH CONCEPT.

HIGH CONCEPT.

I am not going to get into my rants about art and my life because thats not the point of this thread. Plus I am not feeling in tip top shape so I could just be babbling. I am left handed and generally the whole creative thing will throw you off. Generally art people in my experiance are creative in all aspects of their lives, so dealing with people is another instance that other people will see as wierd when the truth is its exactly the same as you but translated in a different way.

Ummm actually, I dont know.