=+= J's Mega-awesome-thread =+= "The Plan" =+=

Guest j

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

j, I get so into my games I start screaming when I lose the ball. Like when it's right in front of you, and you're so so close to getting it but you just can't make it. People must think there's a dying elephant in the courts, I swear. I also like to do little dances to release my anger, as well as fake wannabe breakdancing on the slick floors. I must play today.

Haha, that's awesome. So I got the one court reserved for 4:00 tomorrow so that I can practice hitting the ball around. I now have two racquets (my aunt and grandfather both gave me theirs to use).. I'm psyched!

Time for some frogs, and then pushups.

So yesterday I got to practice some.. it's fun just hitting the ball and running around like a madman :D

I found someone else who wants to play against me.. we're trying to get a game scheduled togeher next week.

Score.

Practiced again today for an hour. Starting to get a lot better at hitting the ball and anticipating where it's going to bounce. Just need to keep on those frogs and pushups.. and throw some weightlifing in there, too.

So was feeling pretty good about how I've been progressing.. then I'm on my way out from the courts today and I stop momentarily to watch two other guys playing each other. Then I realize how goodthese guys are, smacking the ball around so fucking hard I thought it was going to break into pieces. Hahaha, I felt so dumb afterwards.. I have a long way to go, but damn it.. I'm having a blast. I have a match next Friday... really looking forward to this.

as you manly men have been flexing your bodies to and fro,

I have just initiated my goal of learning to swim:

March 29th first class starts.

Also, I was watching Jay Leno last night and

he had Cirque De Soleil performing.

I would like to become a contortionist...

maybe that means yoga classes are calling as well...

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

I have just initiated my goal of learning to swim:

March 29th first class starts.

I would like to become a contortionist...

maybe that means yoga classes are calling as well...

nice going cinched. fear is your only enemy.

yoga...I tried that once on a bet. my legs are so tight that the instructor had me pretty much doing everything half ass. I still ended up being sore as hell the next day.

Guest im not witty

^as well as your only god.

hey el mammmalammadingdongz. lets hear it for the conclusion of the planche training. i know people probably arent ready for it yet, but hearing it will motivate. bring it.

Originally posted by im not witty

^as well as your only god.

so true.

My forearms are sore this morning.. probably from frogging last night.

Racquetball match friday...

• 2 weeks later...

thank you, j, for via this thread, reminding me my life needed improvement in many ways.

of course i'm a lazy slob, so i didn't do anything about it, aside from thinking about it.

but during these holidays i'm starting seriously. i shaved my head again and am starting weightlifting, woo !

the supreme bump

we need to get some more excersizes/.moves dropped in here..

Im happy I finally got tucked planches down...I could hold them but only for about 6 seconds. but yeah that made me happy last night...my arms hurt like shit though now..I think I tried way too many.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Well, It's been awhile since I've hit up this thread.. I just got back from Charleston, SC, and I must say that being there for a week straight really put some things into perspective for me.

First off, I decided to ditch my self-centered manipulative girlfriend after a year of putting up with so much unbelieveable bullshit. A week-long vacation with her really uncovered a lot of things I overlooked before.

Also, I realized there's a lot more out there than where I live now. It makes me realize I really need to travel more at this point in my life.

I lost my first match in the racquetball tourney, but I'm not out yet. I'll keep you guys updated on how that goes.

I picked up a used car two weeks ago to replace the money-pit I've had for less than a year now. I can hopefully sell the Integra for what my payoff is and break even. No more car payments is what I'm shooting for.

Hard to stick with the weight training stuff.. I work out for a week and then fall off. I just need to keep at it, but it's hard for me to stay interested.

I'll be posting a few threads today to further explain everything that has been going lately.

Hah.... Yeah I feel ya. I'm trying to maintain a reg schedule too. I just went to the gym.... uh.. day before yesterday and weightlifted for like the first time in a week. I started off with the military press and didn't stretch or nothing before hand which was pretty stupid lifted these 55er dumbells and all of a sudden my left arm decided to give out and starts bending over backwards. I managed to right it but heard a couple frightening pops.

Damn... what all did I do? I dunno i worked for over an hour, shrug machine... uh... crunch machine... I was getting sick of machines so i went back to freeweights and tried benching... which i should have done first. silly me. i knew i'd be fuckin strugglin so i lowered the bar and just put 45s on. By the second set i had one end up on the damn bar and the other end i was trying to put up with both hands! Ha... I mighta got it up there but luckily a guy noticed and stuck out his pinky finger and lifted it up for me! haha... just kidding but he helped me. Told ya I needed a spotter!

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping because dlush reminded me of this thread.. with a nice complement, too! http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon8.gif'>

Still waiting on my "round 2" opponent for raquetball.. and struggling a bit with weightlifting. I say struggling because I still am having problems sticking to it. I just made some strategically-placed sticky notes to keep me reminded.

I've noticed that the ending of my last relationship has really turned me off to talking to people as of late. For some reason I just feel like I need time to myself, at least from females.

I'm not letting this thread die until I achieve what I set out to do. Wonk.

Originally posted by j

I've noticed that the ending of my last relationship has really turned me off to talking to people as of late. For some reason I just feel like I need time to myself, at least from females.

not a damn thing wrong with that j.

just hang out with your homies and don't sweat the females.

and yeah...ubertone immunity...bee-hotches!

i wrote about 10 songs in three days.

i am learnig a lot about music--more and more every day.

i fill up sketchbooks in about 2 weeks.

i have been reading a lot.

i switched to Lucky Strike lights.

i am going to start running Saturday morning.

if any of you see me online that morning for some reason, yell at me until i go run.

Archived