zoloft

casekonly

Originally posted by casekonly

rental: no, i don't have to wear depends. i just have to be careful about farting, no joke.

i didn't take any zoloft today. it has a half life of 26 hours, so i won't know what happens until sometime later tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

i hope it's not that bad for me coming off of this shit. i'm giving my doctor a call in the morning letting him know what is happening as far as the liquid shits and whatnot. i was just going to ween myself off of this stuff, but now i'm just quitting cold turkey.

i'll keep you guys updated on what happens just in case this shit really has severe side-effects.

I'm starting to see the umph behind this thread...

cool idea, mang. Not that everyone should be

considering this stuff or needs to read what

you're doing... but it's cool that you're logging

your experiances with it for anyone else who

might have to go down a similar ave...

niceness.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was attempting to ween myself from these things, but today i just gave in to what my mind was telling me to do, and i quit cold turkey. keep in mind that medical reports say that this stuff is not addictive, but i have read/heard many more people saying that it is.

it helped a little, to be honest. i feel alot more calm and collected, but also keep in mind that i have been paying attention to myself. i'm not a believer in "magic pills." i practice breathing excercises mostly, it helps alot in achieving a state comparable to meditative states. the meds are just a tool. everyone should realize that.

i had a panic attack the other day on the way to the bank. it was fucked up. i actually called my mom about 5 times asking her where i was going. luckily, my mom was in a patient mood, and it helped straighten my mind out. i was, btw, still on zoloft at that time. after i got through the panic episode, i kinda laughed at myself. it's healthy to do that. moreso than being like "wtf is wrong with me???" and sending myself into a panic over that shit.

26sided: i feel it is my duty, thanks for reading this stuff. i'm glad that people here are paying attention, especially in a time when doctors prescribe shit all of the time on a whim. "oh, you must be depressed...etc, etc...here's a scrip to this or that" no advice on finding the root of your problems is ever given. it's all about drugs/money. more later. peace be with you.

Originally posted by casekonly

after i got through the panic episode, i kinda laughed at myself. it's healthy to do that. moreso than being like "wtf is wrong with me???" and sending myself into a panic over that shit.

Yop. I think most anxiety problems stem from

dwelling on the negative aspects of things.

One day I just sort of came to the realization

that I never used to be so hard on myself

when I fucked up/had a moment of awkwardness.

Really I just learned to laught at myself like

I would any of my friends when they choke

on their words or bumble with something...

Really, nothing is as serious as you can make

it out to be when you spend 5 minutes dwelling

on every passing negative thought.

26sided: i feel it is my duty, thanks for reading this stuff. i'm glad that people here are paying attention, especially in a time when doctors prescribe shit all of the time on a whim. "oh, you must be depressed...etc, etc...here's a scrip to this or that" no advice on finding the root of your problems is ever given. it's all about drugs/money. more later. peace be with you.

Hey man.. I just (think I) know what you're

going through and just wanted to let ya know

none of this shit's going unnoticed, at least

by me.. but you've got enough replies to

figure that shit out yourself... 'less mama

raised a dummy.

:D

...and also with you. hah.

update:

day two of not being on zoloft after a several week stint....

light headache that's been following me around all day, butterflies in the stomache, slight twitch...had a bout of insomnia last night. was able to get about 5 hours of sleep today, however. no liquid poo (thank god).

more tomorrow

ok, day whatever of being off of zoloft:

severe night sweats, severe sweats (i soaked through a long sleeve tshirt and a hoodie earlier while i was napping). a little anxiety, insomnia...the good news is that i'm eating more, drinking protein shakes, and trying to keep up personal relection.

bad news 2: i called my doc the other day and told him that i quit zoloft because of all the side-effects, a panic attack while i was on it, etc. his nurse calls this morning and tells me that she's calling in a scrip to lexapro, another ssri. i'm refusing it. i refuse to go pick it up. it has the same side effects as zoloft: nausea, vomiting, liquid poo, insomnia, etc. complete bullshit if you ask me.

doctors, imho, are glorified pill pushers. apparently, they think they have a cure for everything. the more this zoloft wears off, the more i'm realizing that. from 25 mgs to 100 mgs of zoloft in a four week period is just bullshit. i just want some ambien to help me sleep. some xanax would be nice for the occasional panic attack, but really not necessary.

i don't want my serotonin receptors to be blown out...causing severe and permanent brain damage...fucking shit! stupid ssri's. you know what? i like feeling sad just as much as i like being happy. it is quite necessary to maintain a balance in life. you've got to have one to feel the other, and i'm ready to accept that. nothing in life is perfect, save for love, and even that has some imperfections, although in my opinion, it shouldn't.

hope this log helps someone out. peace be with you all.

i was on lexapro..shit sucks, do not pick that up...you def. cant drink on that, it makes you insane/crazy...plus it didnt help my depression.

ambien: you build up a crazy tolerance....

xanax: youll get hooked, trust me.

hope your withdrawls get better.

:o