david mutha fuckin blaine@!!(^$(*@&^$*(@&%! magic ass nigga.

boxcarwilly

holy shit.

special on tlc tonite the guy blows my damn mind. i am just gonna cut and paste an aim conversation about him...

alright my friend ***** was on newbury st and he came up to her and said think of an initial and a number she did and he said open the book in your bag *she was coming from school * to the page 108 and there was a flaming "j" her husbands name is j**

Xsodapopcurtisx: then this punk kid he went up to and said think of something in your wallet... blaine proceeds to roll up his shirt and has the kids grlfrnds picture tattooed on his arm

Xsodapopcurtisx: the kid pulls out his wallet and there is the pic

Xsodapopcurtisx: like i saw crazy supernatural shit in india and i never discount it, and understand the difference between illusion and magic and this guy does fucking magic

Xsodapopcurtisx: alright wide film angle on david sitting in a chair doing card tricks for a girl with the mom watching... pulls her card from the deck like 5 times then says check your back pocket to the girl... you could see the girl the whole time... noone slipped it there

i dont really have much else to say find out what you can about him read up on him watch his MAGIC he doesnt do sleight of hand he can twist the energy as we know it. crazy.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

magic is great, but lets be honest, thats all it is. if he could "twist the energy as we know it" he wouldnt be doing small change TV shit...he be working for a big company, or the government making dumptrucks full of money instead of being a street performer.

he is past that. he does street magic not for money, that isnt his deal, he understands that magic not illusion like copperfield or street performers is an actual energy. and it can be used to bring people together. and that is what he uses it for. he doesnt need money.

i dunno the man blows my mind. but whatever.

Originally posted by boxcarwilly:

he is past that. he does street magic not for money, that isnt his deal, he understands that magic not illusion like copperfield or street performers is an actual energy. and it can be used to bring people together. and that is what he uses it for. he doesnt need money.

i dunno the man blows my mind. but whatever.

man, not to sound like an asshole or anything, but thats the biggest load of shit I ever heard. If you like the guy, great, but hes just another magician. "he doesnt need money" my ass. if he didnt, he wouldnt be doing any TV stuff. just cause he's not getting the cash from the audience doesnt mean hes not getting payed. for the right price you can learn how to do any of that: http://www.magictricks.com/blaine/magic.htm

to do it convincingly, and seemingly without effort is very hard, only some people have that ability. but its not some "spiritual gift". again...sorry to sound like an asshole and a cynical bastard, but your placing way to much mystique and power on this guy...hes just a magician.

yeah, i saw some show on this kind of trick. a girl wrote some name on a piece of paper. the magician then burnt the piece of paper up and scattered the ashes on his arm. when he wiped the ashes off it revealed the name she wrote down. what he did was he burnt the piece of paper, all except for the name and while he was scattering the ashes he wrote the name on his arm in some sort of clear gel. the ashes then stuck to the gel and voila.

i've got to agree with boxcar on this one.

I know its magic, but anyone that can even make you think he just levitated has some pretty crazy shit going on.

that trick with the steak knife and the cards in the restaurant, the trick that looked like the one card he bent passed from the middle of the deck right up and popped out the top of the deck..

this guy is sick.

Guest Pilau Hands

dude goes to diners in the middle of places and orders lobster. doesnt need money...hmm sure does like showin it off. loud as hell too.

"Nah man, I don't believe in money. Money is an illusion..."

whatever lobster boy.

i'm bitter

i'm poor

like i said he does do a some sleight of hand, the tricks he will teach you. but look at the ones that i wrote about those and levitation are straight up magic. a person who knows how to float aint gonna show the world, and besides if you watch how much it takes out of him you know that it aint sleight of hand. i dunno i guess india made me ignorant to what can be accomplished by the manipulation of subtle energy, that shit can happen i believe it and i dont have anything against people who dont. but it is highly illogical to think that it cant be.

as for mass hypnotism there is an element of that in a lot of illusionists acts, but even then that also involves some sort of spiritual power. controlling minds is an intense things and making them hallucinate is even tougher.

he does mix illusion and magic, but i think he is one of the first true magicians to hit the "magic" circuit which is usually fill with illusionists. my opinion.�

my girlfriend and I were watching that and both were thinking of a #....like he said to do.

He guessed the #....

floating must be interesting.....he never does it with the camera in the front though

I like his stuff. I hate that copperfield shit.

I like how he says, "hey, can I show you something?"

hahaha

that guess a number trick is older than hell... pick a 2 digit number between 1 and 50, both digits must be odd, and different... 90% of humans think they're smart picking 37... if anyone tries to pull this on you, the number to pick is 15... most 'psychics' will start guessing with 37, then they'll shoot for 19... basically, the whole 1 - 50 is a red herring, if it's 2 digits and both are odd, the only ones you have to choose from are 13, 15, 17, 19, 31, 35, 37 and 39... so there's a 1 in 8 chance even if was guessing blindly... but for real, everyone picks 37...

------------------

2 Can Sam

that's what I was thinking, he did a card trick like that where you had to pick a card when he was flipping through them really quick, He guessed the first # I picked (i guessed two because I thought I'd play with it blah

it's still cool though

dunununununununununununununununufishing

Guest imported_sofarok

db is doing the same tired triks people have been doing for years, he uses camera tricks, editing and actors. the only reason everyone falls for it is because he does it in such a layed back style.

Originally posted by pacman:

that's what I was thinking, he did a card trick like that where you had to pick a card when he was flipping through them really quick, He guessed the first # I picked (i guessed two because I thought I'd play with it blah

it's still cool though

dunununununununununununununununufishing

yeah, that's an old card force, the tech involves showing/forcing by letting you see that card for an extra second, there are a couple variations, the flip and the spread... when people try these tricks on you, remember 2 cards, one you will actually have to look for, but the other you'll see and be inclined to choose, then say the other card... voila, fucked up trick http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb//smile.gif'>

------------------

2 Can Sam

Originally posted by Step8:

site isnt there

it works for me, basically the site sez that blaine did a typical illusion of levitation called the balducci levitation, and that was what the people reacted to. when he actually levitated and they showed it, that was shot later under the pretense of showing people how magicians used wires to levitate. edit a little bit, and viola...levitation..still, the man is choice. very cool mother fucker.

Archived