Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mr.yuck

TeeHeeHee Nobody calls it that anymore.

Recommended Posts

<span style='color:black'>Shit is funny to me. I always swore i would be that one person that would be able to be cool with my kids and know what the hell they were talkin about. Right around 21 i realized that I had lost touch with the kids when i was talkin to my boy and told him i needed to get a line up. This girl started laughing at me and said "No one calls it that anymore. Its called an edge up." Edge up? What the fuck is the world coming to? Now that i am older yet i find myself being annoyed by the vast majority of teenagers up to about 19. Am I destined to become either that one old guy that talks to people using way outdated slang like cool cat and jive turkey? Maybe I'll be the crabby old man that sprays kids with the hose when they walk on my grass. Is this avoidable or is my fate already sealed??</span>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by mr.yuck

I feel your pain. YOu must be getting old too.:D

 

yeah, but i don't know what either saying means. what exatly is the webster's definition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest krie

Line Up ? Edge Up ?

 

I'm 18 and got no idea what you mean

 

I know what you mean though, still being 'cool' when you got kids and stuff, i dont think its possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still say 'word' and ocasionally 'word-up' and I mean in serious conversation with strangers, it just comes natural... but in the larger sense, I tend to connect with kids, my friends kids are all mostly around 9 or younger but... I dunno, I feel like I can connect with almost anyone I need/want to...

 

I think it's weaker of your friend to point out what 'people' say these days, I mean, did she understand you (obviously she offered you the 'correct' form so...)... she probably devoted most of her attention to understanding and forgot to keep her fool mouth shut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh. I thought you guys were playing. A line up is when you dont really need to get your haircut yet but you go to the barbershop and they will LINE UP your beard or the edges of your hair to keep you lookin clean and well groomed.

 

 

Now back to what ever the point of this thread was.

 

edit- the other day i told some kid to pull his pants up.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ah... this whole thing is probably based upon the ambiguity of the statement:

"I'm gonna get a little trim."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i find the best way around this heartache is just to make up your own slang. that way only you really know what you are talking about, and you'll make all the "hip" kids think they've fallen off before they even got on.

 

word up on that, biotch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mr.yuck

Oh. I thought you guys were playing. A line up is when you dont really need to get your haircut yet but you go to the barbershop and they will LINE UP your beard or the edges of your hair to keep you lookin clean and well groomed.

:lol:

 

oohhhh, ok. i've cut my own hair for years now, so i don't know any barbershop slang. sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Smart

ah... this whole thing is probably based upon the ambiguity of the statement:

"I'm gonna get a little trim."

 

:)

Thats a funny mr.smart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest krie

I like ABC's style , create your own slang. This one guy i know, has a new word for different things each week, its hard to understand what the heck hes talking about most the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

around my way we call that a shape up.

but as for the slang me and my boys have our own shit nobody else knows its not really set slang we just say random words for shit and somehow know what eachother are talking about.

smoke a cigarette= blast a junebug

drink=get clacked up

fuck a girl= poonjay that twat

 

just random words i dont know we have fun saying it though. it started out just me and my boy now we have anyone who ever chills with us saying that type of ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

me and my friends make words up too, some stupid shit, some not even words, freshman year for instance we would snap our fingers in the middle of class, and that would represent something having to do with a specific girl that would always do a certain something that all the guys would certaintly not wanna miss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tell me about it

 

Originally posted by mr.yuck

<span style='color:black'>Shit is funny to me. I always swore i would be that one person that would be able to be cool with my kids and know what the hell they were talkin about. Right around 21 i realized that I had lost touch with the kids when i was talkin to my boy and told him i needed to get a line up. This girl started laughing at me and said "No one calls it that anymore. Its called an edge up." Edge up? What the fuck is the world coming to? Now that i am older yet i find myself being annoyed by the vast majority of teenagers up to about 19. Am I destined to become either that one old guy that talks to people using way outdated slang like cool cat and jive turkey? Maybe I'll be the crabby old man that sprays kids with the hose when they walk on my grass. Is this avoidable or is my fate already sealed??</span>

 

huh. i was thinking the same thing yesterday yuck!

so yesterday i took my sis and brother out to eat. now my sis is exactly like me, but she's a little bit more with the times as far as slang and going out to clubs and what have you. my lil brother is a fucking genius and beats the odds of california teenagers (he's going to africa to build a school and then he's going to japan for his japanese language class....). we were talking about slang and i am not familiar with it. so everytime tease posts, i see the word "cuh." i have no idea what that means....come to find out from my sister of a clone, it means "cousin" meaning in a friendly term like "brah." then "guh" means girl. then nikka is another word for "n*****" (i cant even say that word let alone type it out).

 

see you and i...i've always known we're one the same wavelength. so far, i am not happy with california teenagers. they piss me off soooo much based on their stupidity.

 

maybe i am just getting older.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

word..slang is regional but out here they're "shape ups"

 

but i dunno..i haven't cut my hair in 5 years...

 

you do get older and more outta touch with the whippersnappers though...i have no clue what these little fucks are doing these days...but then again i like being a bitter old man...

 

some of the random shit we say...

making a u-turn = flipping a bitch

chillin = sizzlin

hello sir, how are you? = yo son, whutz really hood son, word son...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

say wo = whats up

wo/ faw = homie, brah, etc.

catch a drain = have sex

shive = cool, fresh, usu. means well-dressed & well-groomed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...