RIP RATAS LTS

THE FAILURE

By now im sure the word is out, but i thought i would post something in this section to let other people know. Anyone that knew him knows he was a good kid, up until he got caught up with drugs. He was in LA staying with his folks trying to get sober. one night while painting he was shot by gangsters. Its fucked up that the last part of his life revolved around drug addiction...I personally witnessed him go from a good person to an addict. But this isnt the place to look back on his weaknesses or flaws. Rest In Peace Ratas LTS 1977-2003

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

DAMN IF THIS IS TRUE .. ITS ALWAYS A SAD LOSS FOR THE GRAFF GAME WHEN SHIT LIKE THIS HAPPENS.. I REMEMBER SEEING SUM UPS BY HIM N REYES LAST TIME I WAS IN S.F.... WE ALL GOTA DEAL WITH OUR INER DEMONS SOMETIMES.. LETS REMEMBER THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN JUST GRAFF.. AND ITS A NEVER ENDING CYCLE.. OR AS ID LIKE TO PUT IT.. "THE.VICIOUS.CYCLE.." I GOTA GET AT MY BOY FOKIS FOR THIS ONE.. REST IN POWER RATAS ONE.. LTS...:king:

Ive known his brother since ive known him. Me and rats used to paint

back in the day when he wrote dzam. As far as people not doing any rip stuff, i dont really know why. I know he and reyes kinda stopped being homies when he started useing drugs. I have, however, seen some rip stuff in La that brail has done. I live in the valley, so i dont really get out to la that much. There might be some rip stuff being done in frisco, but i dont live there so i cant say. I dont know reyes that well, but we used to be homies back when he and brail were in a crew together called SM. Which is why sometimes people in LTS will write LTSM. regardless, thats all i know about it, which isnt much...which is why im asking other people on this post for information. I think is really dissrespectfull to get simantical over something like this, so ill end this post now. All i can say without a doubt is that hes gone, and i fucking miss him.

Yo, there is no disrespect intended whatsoever. It's just a hard fact to swallow. I knew rats from the valley also, before he wrote dzam B5K. (He wrote kain when he was a toy). But we havent been in touch for a while. It sucks to learn of his passing from an internet forum. We kicked it every day for years. I always thought he was one of the funniest and coolest cats I knew. His graff and art was always on point. He could always make me laugh. Sorry but its really hard for me to hear this. Failure, please email me at gargantuan594@yahoo.com.

peace

I really don't think this is true. It's like when the whole Saber died thing came about on here; just another thing to make forums look like a bunch of dumb gossip. I talked to a friend of Ratas' today, and he made no mention of it. Usually when someone passes away that writes, the truth travels quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by THE FAILURE

There might be some rip stuff being done in frisco, but i dont live there so i cant say.

:nope: havent seen anything....and usually i would hear something about this sorta stuff and i havent heard anything.

if it is true r.i.p.

• 3 weeks later...

i didnt know the guy but i first started seeing his shit when he wrote DsamBSK in SF. wether he was writing Dsam or Ratas, i always thought his shit was on point. i remember seeing a DsamBSK marker tag on top of a newspaper box on Taylor and Geary next to Walgreens. and then i would always see his pieces in the Dubose tunnel. i always had respect for his style right up to when he was writing BMX. it sounds like there might be a little confusion as to wether he really passed, but if he did i wanna extend my condolences to his friends who might read this board and to his family. rest in power.

Damn I Cant believe it, is it really true?...I met Rats and his boy Poyse at the Montgomery Building (If you never went to the Montgomery building, damn you missed some tight shit, pieces on all floors ,I think there was more than 7 floors, people from the local toys to big timers). here in Oakland a while ago and he was cool as Fuck. I remember I was there with my Boy and we ran into them. We introduce each other and he was all like "yeah go ahead go over my shit cause there aint no more space up in this bitch", but fuck that I wasnt at his level , you know how it is, if you cant burn dont go over it,so we just painted somewhere else. But yeah homeboy had some mad styles. I'm new to this site and when I ran into this thread I was really shocked. Like someone said this aint the way to find out about things. I really didnt know the guy, but personally he was and still is one of my favorite writters, like I said when i met him he was all cool and shit, and that was a good impression he left on me, I've met some writters that have a little fame and act like assholes but I was surprised that him being a big time cat was cool about things. Well all I have left to say is Rest In Power and Rock the heavens boy. You will be missed..

REST IN POWER RATS LTS, DREAM TDK....

it isn't true about rats.

and hey bosswhatever the fuck, where do you get off talking about people that you dont even know? especially about something that doesnt concern you and that you obviously know nothing about. keep your mouth shut about other people.

Arguing about weather or not someone is dead is super low. Not believing some one is dead, considdering the source, is understandable.

But as a close personal friend of Rats, Im telling you, he aint here.

When was the last time you spoke with him or saw him? Not shit that you heard, i.e. "...my homie talked to him..." or "...I think I saw some new tags...." You should seriously ask yourself those questions before

you talk about this kinda stuff. Again, Im not, in any way, trying to be disrespectfull of you, 22. I just want to see some moments of silence and some "rip ratas" burners from all his so-called "frisco homies".

What world are you people living in? Im telling you, Rats died. Either youre dumb as fuck or youre trying to be an asshole. By saying that hes not dead is to totally dissrespect the dead. Let him rest in piece. If you had some sort of problem with Rats before he passed, now is not the time to take cheap shots.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...