Welcome to Mars

Nic Thamaire

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I"m sort of an Astronomy Nerd. Here are some facts about Mars:

- Mars is named for the Roman God of War.

- Mars (4,223 miles in diameter) is just over half the size of Earth (7,926.41 miles)

- Mars has seasons- Summer in the Southern Hemisphere can reach 68 degrees F. Winters, which are longer, temp. plunge to -284 F

- Mars has a thin atmosphere and significant reserves of water (Subterranean Ice).

- The color of Mars lies in the brick colored surface material called Limonite, which is also found in the Earths deserts.

- Winds blow across the surface at 125 mph. Sand storms are common and large enough to be viewed with a telescope.

- A Martian year is 687 Earth years and a Day there is 24 hours and 37 minutes.

- Mars has two moons- Phobes and Deimos

- Billions of years ago the Martian surface was covered with massive Volcanos and possible surface water from flash floods.

- Mars still posses the largest volcano in the Solar system, Olympus Mons. Olympus Mons (most likely extinct) is 375 miles across and rises 17 miles off the surface.

- Mars also has an impact crater called Argyre Planitia that is 125 miles across.

If we were to send people to Mars it would take at least 6 months to get there and we're aren't talking about the space shuttle. Multiple people would have to go and the ride there alone would create such a murderous cabin fever amongst the astronauts the Nasa is unsure how to go about it. Rock on Nerds

This is the coolest shit ever, I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Who else would live on mars, alone in the middle of nowhere (except

maybe with your girlfriend and subsequent kids)? I would, in a heartbeat.

As long as I have 1) Satellite internet relay to earth and 2) a way to cover

my physiological needs, I'd live there.

pipe dreams

Archived