25 Fattest Cities in the US

Weapon X

I'm not even American, but I do know that America smells like hamburger. Perhaps this will interest you. A fat girl I know said she went to Cleveland and felt like a supermodel. I once went to a Jays game and knew right away I was sitting in the Indians' section, for there were row upon row of obese families.

Here are Men's Fitness magazine's official 2004 rankings:

Top 25 Fattest Cities:

1. Detroit. Last year: 3

2. Houston. Last year: 1

3. Dallas. Last year: 9

4. San Antonio. Last year: 13

5. Chicago. Last year: 2

6. Fort Worth, Texas. Last year: 16

7. Philadelphia. Last year: 4

8. Arlington, Texas. Last year: Not Ranked

9. Cleveland. Last year: 6

10. Columbus, Ohio. Last year: 8

11. Atlanta. Last year: 7

12. Mesa, Ariz. Last year: 19

13. Oklahoma City. Last year: 23

14. Kansas City, Mo. Last year: 22

15. Miami. Last year: 24

16. Las Vegas. Last year: 18

17. Indianapolis. Last year: 12

18. Phoenix. Last year: 14

19. Tulsa, Okla. Last year: 25

20. Memphis, Tenn. Last year: 21

21. New York. Last year: 15

22. New Orleans. Last year: 11

23. Baltimore. Last year: 20

24. El Paso, Texas. Last year: 17

25. Washington, D.C. Last year: 25

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

that's strange... I heard about this list a while ago but the cities were different.

New Orleans had just bumped Philly from the top spot.

Philly Cream Cheese, Philly Steaks.... fat fat FAT!

you know what I'd like to hear.... if any canadian cities would even crack the top 50.

arlington...not even ranked...right to the top 10. :lol: definitely power moves.

I'm sure staying indoors with the AC on is probably a big part of it. But, fuck...go to the swimming pool or hit the lake or something. at least its still comfortable in the mornings in those places. When its cold out...there is no comfortably warm time during the day. lazy fucks.

Originally posted by Weapon X

Top 25 Fattest Cities:

1. Detroit. Last year: 3

hell yeah! first we got the murder capital award back, now we're the fattest again too!!!

3 cheers for a whole state full of lazy, disgusting fat pieces of (homicidal) shit!

wooo hoooooo.

Dont believe those lists!

For example how does a city (Fort Worth) go from 16th place to 6th place in one year? Does this mean maybe 50,000 people lost weight? Could be. Doubtful though.

Also how are they even getting these rankings? Some kind of poll I suppose. They call 1000 random people in various bigger cities and ask for their height and weight, perhaps. That isn't necessarily an accurate indication of the entire population, hence, the radical variation in poll positions. I remember a couple years ago in an exact same poll (maybe by a different source) St. Louis was #1. Where is St. Louis on this poll? Also, I remember Kansas City being #2 in some poll.

This can only give you a slight indication of obesity. Actual numbers and percentages would interest me, not this.

Originally posted by swiss cheese

Dont believe those lists!

hey everyone, stop beliving those scientific studies, 'swiss cheese' says its not true, based on....on......well, it just cant be true! cancell all the 'we're so fucking fat its sickening' (sit down) tele-parades, and go eat some carrots or something.

you don't have to weigh everyperson in this city to know that yes, fools need phen-phen.

Originally posted by ubejinxed

maybe because it gets too hot, they sit in the AC all day and don't go outside.

true.

and i was also thinkin about places like texas...

for example, when its summer in chicago, i gets to walkin.

But i have a goal in mind, like "Oh, its a nice day. I'll walk a mile or so and go to the record store, browse around" (I love walking around)

Whereas, say, in the suburbs, you can't walk anywhere b/c there's so much distance btwn stuff you HAVE to take your car. And maybe in some cities in texas, which i don't know about but am just hypothesizing, they have no where in a close radius to walk to.

Thats what i could come up with... I like how i spend my work days analyzing this type of weird stuff.