NEW MEXICO REPRESENT

jenoz

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hahaha...i was only in los lunas for a few months, it was a small hick town. almost all my neighbors had horses. funny lil town. i also lived in a small area near a prison. it was either on the outside of santa fe or alb, cant remember exactly. but i know there were a few trailer homes and some real houses on the same land and you could see the prison in the distance.

did frito pies originate in NM? i remember getting frito pies in santa fe at a woolworths, in some plaza.

Where is a fun place to go in new mexico? Anything worth goin for?

If u ever come to alb, u can check out the downtown scene, its good if you are visiting, because everything is within walking distance to all the bars. Chama river brewing has the best beer in the whole state and they have a tap room with all the tasty brews. You can also check out the jemez hot springs which is about an hour outside of alb, its very dope and you can get the illest indian taco on the way there or back from vendors on the side of the road. Also if u are here and have time to cruise around, check out the carlsbad caverns, its an amazing site, and if you tried to take some psychotropics while doing it, it would be an awe inspiring thing. Meanwhile back in alb, check out oldtown, or go up to the tram, or try to get onto the monzano mountains, its a hollowed out mountain which serves as an airforce base, I hear they have ufos and shit in there. As with any decent city there is always shit to do, you just gotta know whatsup. In oct there is the balloon fiesta which draws like a million people to it or some shit, and then in dec the luminaria tour is the hot shit if you are with some fine lookin ladies. I could go on, but i gotta keep some of the shit on lock.

Betelgeuse.

about the food: sopapillas and green chili, nuff said.

about why i left: i have no family out there. my parents moved out there when i was young. after 6 years i got homesick so we moved back. i also lived in Santa Fe and Los Lunas for a short time. i plan on going back sometime to visit.

maybe we're related you little fruitcake, cause didn't you know everyone in new mexico is related.

maybe we're related you little fruitcake, cause didn't you know everyone in new mexico is related.

:lol: maybe we are you lil kumquat. i can see the resemblance, you got my good looks.

oh and check this out...i googled frito pies and Wikipedia says frito pies could have orginated in Santa Fe! i still make frito pies every now and then. next time i make some i'll post it in the meals thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frito_pie

yea. both types are there.

Gabriel's outside of Espanola also has some good costal Mexican food - Mariscos style, but white tablecloth.

that's the thing about NM, you can pretty much find all three...

but green chile is the best.

I just came up on this spot in San Francisco that serves green chile. The guy moved here from Santa Fe just to open up a New Mexican restaurant... and shit is *not* that expensive. (get jealous, Jenoz :P )

Green Chile Kitchen

601 Baker St

(between Fulton St & Mcallister St)

San Francisco, CA 94117

(415) 614-9411

www.greenchilekitchen.com

*edit*

you can also buy green chile outside of NM from Bueno's website, but it's expensive as hell. they charge $50 for shipping!

http://www.buenofoods.com/

• 5 months later...

Archived