Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
EyeforAnEYE

For YOUR grammatical use

Recommended Posts

I see tons of people misusing Your and You're. So here it is. The grammatical Key that everyone can use, and add to. It also makes you look stupid when you're trying to insult people and you don't use it right.

 

Your- The possesive form of you

 

(I.E) are those YOUR boots?

 

 

You're- Contraction of You Are

 

(I.E) Man, YOU'RE so dumb.

 

 

Feel free to add. let the fun begin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by GnomeToys

I don't know, I enjoy it when people talk about my stupid and tell me I am "boots".

 

Hahaha. Nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

THEY'RE THERE AND THEIR

 

they're = they are (ex. theyre in last place)

there = location (ex. over there)

their = ownership (ex. its their money)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by caL

THEY'RE THERE AND THEIR

 

they're = they are (ex. theyre in last place)

there = location (ex. over there)

their = ownership (ex. its their money)

 

those are the ones I hate when people misuse them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

right their, this is the problem i have with all you fagz and you're posts.

 

learn me some grammer will ya?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

sorry. had to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

I see tons of people misusing Your and You're. So here it is. The grammatical Key that everyone can use, and add to. It also makes you look stupid when you're trying to insult people and you don't use it right.

 

Your- The possesive form of you

 

(I.E) are those YOUR boots?

 

 

You're- Contraction of You Are

 

(I.E) Man, YOU'RE so dumb.

 

 

Feel free to add. let the fun begin

 

Yeah that irritates me as well.

 

Yo - (n) You, (n) Your, (interj - to call attention)

 

I.E."Yo man, let's get outta here... word to yo motha" --Vanilla Ice

 

Ya - (n) You

 

(I.E.) "Heyyyyyyy Yaaaa" -- Andre 3000

 

http://www.joel.net/EBONICS/images/ebonics-inside.jpg'>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Crimsøn

Graffer or graffing are not real words.

I would ask you all to never use them.

 

Incorrect English and slang shouldn't be put in the same category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'll be at a store or somewhere in public, and for whatever reason during conversation i'll say thank you for something. 95% of the time the person's response is "you welcome" not you'R welcome.

 

 

has anyone ever noticed that?

 

 

that is so annoying, i want to lean over and say YOU'R, YOU'R, not you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by the_gooch

i'll be at a store or somewhere in public, and for whatever reason during conversation i'll say thank you for something. 95% of the time the person's response is "you welcome" not you'R welcome.

 

 

has anyone ever noticed that?

 

 

that is so annoying, i want to lean over and say YOU'R, YOU'R, not you!

 

Yeah i've notice that too and i don't like it at all.

 

Ex.

 

You stupid - No you're stupid.

 

you silly - Not as silly as YOU ARE!

 

 

Bunch of silly asses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

man my parents have been here in the us for like 20 years and they have the worst english. its like there speaking spanish but with english words, like they roll the r in english words and shit its funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by the_gooch

i'll be at a store or somewhere in public, and for whatever reason during conversation i'll say thank you for something. 95% of the time the person's response is "you welcome" not you'R welcome.

 

 

has anyone ever noticed that?

 

 

that is so annoying, i want to lean over and say YOU'R, YOU'R, not you!

 

"YOU'R"??? Great way to make yourself look like an uneducated hypocritical asshole. I can understand if you made a typo, but you spelled that shit wrong 3 times in a row.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by TheoHuxtable

"YOU'R"??? Great way to make yourself look like an uneducated hypocritical asshole. I can understand if you made a typo, but you spelled that shit wrong 3 times in a row.

 

 

 

oh, my bad. i type fast and don't feel compelled to proof read every single post i make

 

 

by the way, you are so witty! god, i wish i could be like you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by the_gooch

oh, my bad. i type fast and don't feel compelled to proof read every single post i make

 

 

by the way, you are so witty! god, i wish i could be like you!

 

Theo Huxtable wasn't trying to be witty. But yeah, most people do want to be like him. He was bangin dime bitches in the Huxtable residence since 1982.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...