_-`'-_ Vestax and QBert present... the QFO!

Spike

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Odds of anyone around here getting one are extremely low.

Vestax are doing a limited run of 500, rumour has it that Q-Bert already has 15. They're going on sale for around $1000, but that'll almost definitely skyrocket on Ebay.

Anyone who's catching QBert's tour can see him doing his set with this. I really wanted to go, and then got the dates wrong, therefore I suck.

Seriously tho... this is many a hardcore turntablist's wet dream come true. You get a breaks CD/Minidisc/DAT/Vinyl whatever, hook it up to the line in of this and you suddenly have portable scratchability... I mean, you could almost carry this in an oversized record bag.

DJ Kentaro gave it the thumbs up, and if you know who Kentaro is then you'll respect that opinion.

Originally posted by Spike

Odds of anyone around here getting one are extremely low.

Vestax are doing a limited run of 500, rumour has it that Q-Bert already has 15. They're going on sale for around $1000, but that'll almost definitely skyrocket on Ebay.

Anyone who's catching QBert's tour can see him doing his set with this. I really wanted to go, and then got the dates wrong, therefore I suck.

Seriously tho... this is many a hardcore turntablist's wet dream come true. You get a breaks CD/Minidisc/DAT/Vinyl whatever, hook it up to the line in of this and you suddenly have portable scratchability... I mean, you could almost carry this in an oversized record bag.

DJ Kentaro gave it the thumbs up, and if you know who Kentaro is then you'll respect that opinion.

HOLY SHIT! :eek:

I didn't ever realize that's what was going on

there. I'm not any good whatsoever... but I

was figuring out crabbing before my friend's

needles broke by running his mixer to the PC

and using pretty much static beats to practice

on.

That shit's nuts... if QBert didn't come off as

such a nice guy I'd be waiting for him to come

here so I could camp outside of whoever's house

he stays at.

i spotted that thing hovering high above roswell, new mexico. seconds later i found myself in a full on sprint being chased by lil' green djs intent on performing sick little experiments in analog on my mind. i was later released back into the general population only to share the exploits of my abduction with the world through the pages of the daily sun. for real... check out this weeks issue.

anyways, its about time vestax has crunched some numbers with q-bert to develop something next level.

It's a mixer and a table in one... so I think it's

so you can just put this in a bag they're prolly

gonna sell for like $100 (wild guess) and then

just plug your CD player or IPOD or whatever

you have into whenever you want and throw

down... if you've got some sort of power source

and speakers/ headphones. Easier to just bring

your shit to your friend's place and fuck around.

Maybe?

Edit: Causes those cases to carry both decks

and your mixer are usually crazy expensive...

makes sense to me.

Well, QBert now uses it as his main deck for his current tour, and DJ Kentaro gives it the thumbs up.... how can you not trust a man like Kentaro?

http://www.marwax.com/images/dj_kentaro_marwax.jpg'>

"Yo."

No-one is totally clear on the exact specification... It has been labelled as the first instrument ever made specifically for skratching, it has 3 faders, and is rumoured to have some sort of slot for some sort of mp3 media to be put in... Supposedly it doesn't have any skip problems, and even though the few DJs who have tried it were worried that they'd knock the arm when getting seriously into it found that there was no problem.

My only complaint is that to beat juggle you still need another turntable, so you might as well get a full setup.

Oh, and

anyway, very few DJs can get sets and money on skratching alone, and it would be difficult to rock a party properly with one of these because you'd always need a second music source that has pitch control and cueing... meaning that you might as well go back to basics.

I heard that QBert did 10 minutes of sick scratching... without even using the fader. Damn him.

I wish I had talent.