ipod question.....(looking at you seeks)

mental invalid

okay so im a little confused...i know nothing new...

the other night i was loading my girls ipod for her...had like 15 albums...

well her mac is not the most rugged thing, and i dont want to kill her HD with music, so i deleted the albums...

well when i plugged the ipod back in, its updated the ipod, and thus deleted all the songs from it that i had deleted from her HD...

i know there has to be a way for me to get around this right?

cause what if i had a 20 gig HD and a 40 gig ipod...i would not have enuff in my comp to load my 40 gig ipod...

does that make sense?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

go into preferences, i think theres a check box for 'update all songs, or something. unclick it.

or how i do it.....when i put new stuff on my hd and want to transfer it to the pod, i plug the pod in, open up itunes, select the library in itunes, find the album i want from the browser, then drag it over onto the little ipod icon in itunes. it transfers over easy as pie. it only adds new stuff, never removes it, unless i select the ipod, select the tracks, and drag them to the trash.

everything is done right through the itunes interface mind you.

you would have to manually copy those files onto your ipod so you don't lose your music the next time. then your ipod would act as a hard drive for your music files.

i would also switch off the automatic update option to manual. i lost a bunch of music when i let ipod update everything for me.

Archived