EURO...new moneey-now we laugh

Guest imported_Tesseract

Guest imported_Tesseract
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Tesseract:

From jan 2002 all countries in the european union will stop dealing with their national money.

There will be common money for all of us and new prices for everything.

can anyone say "metric system disaster"....heres hoping things work out instead of going to hell in a handcart.

Guest imported_Europe

Im against almost all of this Euro-union bullshit, but to have the same moneytary system is the one good idea amongst all this other BS.

Off course it gonna take a couple of month to get used to but after that things will be sooo much easier. Unfortunately my country is not going to get the EURO, we are sticking to our Kroner...

hell yea euro will bring confusion at first but we, Polish people are used to that, we ad our currency changed not too long ago too... but fuck it.. no more goin to the bank when ya travel to change your fuckin money....it's helpful, especially if they don't speak your language, or english...

[This message has been edited by QbaOner (edited 08-27-2001).]

Guest imported_Tesseract
Guest --zeSto--

there's talk of doing a similar thing for

America/Canada/Mexico

It wouldn't replace each currency,

just make a new one for NAFTA purposes

that will only benefit it rich...again.

First of all i wont think it will be difficult to use it..cos it will be just like using dollar..

but the wack aftermath for sure will be PRICE INCREASE (no doubt about this) they just at the moment make round the euro price).Then i was feelin that you can travel an pay allover fuckin europe w/ the same euro but i was wrong. every europeans countries will have his own euro and if you go to get cash w/ your credit card in an other country then yours you will also be charge just like a change commission..

well according to me euro is not exactly what they (dem politics) have said it would be..

just an other tricky governement measure

fuck that and rember graffiti is above politics!!

I can't believe someone had the bright idea to introduce a new currency over the Holidays! Poor Europeans. It will be pretty confusing consdering spending usually goes up during the Holidays.

14 billion and a half new bills are going to be going into circulation, and the old bills will be taken off the market by February 28th.

I think the Italians will have it the easiest (take off three zero's and divide by two), but the french are going to have to carry calcualtors for a while. God that would be annoying. I think their excahnge rate is something like 6.5 francs per Euro.

anybody know what countries besides Italy and France will be using the Euro's?

And I do not like the idea of combining the American and canadian Dollars. We have Massive countries and it's not that confusing or difficult when I cross the border to change my money. I like My canadian money.

Actually, only about 12 European countries have actually agreed to use the Euro. I don't know what they are off the top of my head, but the majority of them are eastern European countries whose economies are in total chaos. I think portugal is the only one that isn't. Me being from England, and having my entire family live there, I can tell you that we stable countries want nothing to do with it.

Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by KidGoneBad:

Actually, only about 12 European countries have actually agreed to use the Euro. I don't know what they are off the top of my head, but the majority of them are eastern European countries whose economies are in total chaos. I think portugal is the only one that isn't. Me being from England, and having my entire family live there, I can tell you that we stable countries want nothing to do with it.

12 over 15..are you sure of that?

i was thinking all the zuro counties rated it or none will run it...

Guest imported_Tesseract

actually, I remember a news story from a while back, a grocer got arrested and was prosecuted for only showing the weights of fruit in pounds and ounces.. ha! a bit overkill IMO..

what's this new money? do you mean the euro currency?

Originally posted by fr8oholic:

IT'S THE FUCKING NEW ORDER!! BE AFRAID...

AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!! The leftovers from Joy Division are taking over the world!!! NOOOOooooooo......

The Euro is not a smart idea. Pretty stupid if you ask me.Its too late to do something like that plus alot of people are not in favor of it in Europe.Plus it'll be easy to contarfit. It's gonna be very confusing and im sure it'll be rejected within a year. And the thing Zesto said about US/cAnada/Mexico money change will never happen.I dont see how the US is gonna benifit from this.canada has their own money and mexico has their own money and we got ours so why change it?

------------------

fuckitwhocares

there is no need for all 3 to share money. america's economy is much higher than canada's and mexico's in the end it would screw over those two and try to make them come up to the level of the us. it would probably also make it easier for us sweatshops to open in mexico hitting them twice.

Archived