The Big Score

Telo

On my 12oz excursion i have not created any useless threads nor just about any threads in general, but after my experience today i thought i outta share. Its not a fantastic story but i feel i should share with my fellow drinkers.

As i sat there watching mindless tv earlier today i went over to my fridge to grab a snack. Not only did i notice that the snackage supply had severly diminished, i noticed that the beer bottle ration was down to dam near 3 unopened and 1 half beer that was sitting from the previous night obviously undrinkable. So i jumped in the car and strolled over to the local drugstore. As i browse the beer aisle i decide to find the best deal for the best beer. I look over to see warm 28, thats right, 28 packs of Molson Canadian. The case was obviously un-labeled so not being a lazy bastard i take it up to the front counter to get a price check. The following words out of the cashiers mouth stunded me. I almost fell over in shock. The magic words were "sir, this is going to be 10.99". As soon as the number 10 came out of his mouth I automatically said, "I'll take it". 28 twelve ounce bottles of decent beer for 10.99 was a offer not to pass up. Not only is that 336 oz's of fresh Canadian beer, that is 28 labels of constant comedy. I sir had a great shopping experience and i hope you all the same.

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jan/2004171504435214172511.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest WebsterUno

In the philipines, beer is 12 cents a bottle!

Hookers are like $20 bucks.

I have a similar 'Big Score' story.

One morning, after a long night of partying.

Me and 2 friends had woke up groggy.

Feelin like shit, we walk to the corner

grocery for some OJ. I had to take a piss.

I ask permission to use the head,

and walk to the back. My homie had to use

it too, so he was following behind me.

I walk in first and notice a huge stack

of Coronas sitting in front of me. I also

noticed that the receiving door was WIDE

open, upon noticing that, I also noticed

that there wasnt a worker in sight. My friend

walks in, and he says, "DAYUM, look at all

that beer!" I turn to him and motion toward the

open doors, and he says, "I got'cha!"

We grabbed a few cases and made off like

some bandits over the fence. Instead of coming

back to the house with OJ, we show up with

4 cases of Coronas. A few females and some other

homies had slept over, so it was like we

jumpstarted the party once again....party on!

:cool:

Guest WebsterUno

nah...they dont know me.

I was at my cousins house.

Its a semi big grocery store.

So, it was all good.

I still stroll in there every now

and then...that happened a

few years ago. Like 5 years ago.

This one time i bought a 30 of Miller highlife cans for $10.00. I was mad hype so i bought 3 and had myself a nice evening. About half way through the first box i realized i wasnt gonna be able to drink 90 beers in one night so i called some people up and had a nice little party.

Originally posted by mr.yuck

This one time i bought a 30 of Miller highlife cans for $10.00. I was mad hype so i bought 3 and had myself a nice evening. About half way through the first box i realized i wasnt gonna be able to drink 90 beers in one night so i called some people up and had a nice little party.

yeah 90 beers is not reasonable for anybody to drink.. i think my max was 31.. and it didnt end up that i was too drunk, you just get sick of drinking after about 20..

Originally posted by WebsterUno

In the philipines, beer is 12 cents a bottle!

Hookers are like $20 bucks.

This is correct. When I was there it worked out to 20 cents if you included deposit and if you had bottles to return they took the deposit off and you only paid for the beer! That was for san miguel, red horse was more, but it was a bigger bottle and was stronger beer.

mmm.... san miguel

I wouldn't know about the hookers, though. I was with my ex and her fam.

Originally posted by WebsterUno

I found a 12 pack of New Castle

at Beverages and More for $10.99

Thats the best thing next to a freebie!

When I was in LA, New Castle was $10.99 almost everywhere. 7-11, sav-on drugs (I think thats what it was called), ummm... there was a few other places....

Up here in Canada, a 6pack of newcastle is $13. So I bought that at every oppertunity down in the sunshine state.