New and Improved Cooking with 12oz Thread!

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm with a beaner so i cook alot of asian-mexican fusion.

i dont know what this is exactly called, but i don't make it too often because i try not to deep fry things alot... but its the same with fried chicken i guess. anyway.. im not sure what its called, but basically, you make/fry your own extra thick corn "tortilla" type bread.. and its topped with ground beef..lettuce, tomato... sour cream, salsa, guacamole... cheese.. etc.

the "friend bread/tortilla"

IT111_CMyDocumentsMyPicturesTortillas.JPG

looks like this.. but a lil bit thicker.

what you will need is Maseca_Corn_Flour_Large.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------

MASA:

2- 3 cups masa (what i usually use)

add water so that it turns into a dough, not too sticky, not too dry.. enough so that you can roll it into a thicker version of a corn tortilla

when you make the dough, form them into little balls. then take each one and what i do since i dont have a rolling pin is i take two pieces of wax paper and place the ball inbetween and press it down so that you have a flat looking tortilla. this is the ghetto way to make them.

you take each one and fry in hot oil till their crispy! which is like 3-5 minutes for each depending on how thick you made them. then take them out and place them on something so the oil can absorb through like napkins... so like a plate with lots of napkins on them.

after you place them on the plate, sprinkle SOME salt.

THE MEAT: its just

hamburger meat

chili powder

salt

pepper

fry and season to your liking.

toppings (in the order i put them on the "masa")

can of beans (spread some beans on the top of the masa)

then i add the hamburger

then i put shredded lettuce

and top with diced tomatoes

add shit like sour cream, guacamole, and salsa

its really easy to make really, but takes a lil while since you have to prepare the masa first. and the ingredients are really simple. you really could do withouth the sour cream and guac if you like. the main essentials are the masa, meat, lettuce, tomatoe and salsa. i've made this with soytaco too which works for you vegi/vegans.