Do you rack or buy your supplies?

Nerd Wonder

Do you buy Prisma colors etc? I'm old already and cannot risk getting arrested for theft therefore I try to buy what I need. I haven't purchased any Prisma pens yet. Those things are very expensive. I'm into piecing etc (I suck) not to do it illegally but just to do it on paper. I've been following the scene for the past few years (never painted) and I just wanna be able to draw shit up. I don't want to go out and illegally paint. Eventually when I buy a house I'm gonna build a wall that will serve as a piecing wall for myself and whoever (friends etc).

Anyhow do you rack or buy your Prismas and supplies?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Nerd Wonder

I'm into piecing etc (I suck) not to do it illegally but just to do it on paper.

I don't want to go out and illegally paint.

These are the sentences that will ensure that you don't get any help.

And no talk about racking on 12oz.

->Closed.

I steal all of my supplies from the michael's art store at 433 Lincoln Dr. in Fort Wayne, IN. When I steal them I will be wearing a blue & white hoodie and large, dark colored blue jeans. On my feet I will have Sketchers, and my hair is black. I respond to "James" or "Jim". If you have any further questions about my stealing activities, I can be reached at:

1072 Monticello Ln

Fort Wayne, IN

or phoned at:

(219)-749-2341

you fucking pig. :five-o:

Originally posted by GnomeToys

I steal all of my supplies from the michael's art store at 433 Lincoln Dr. in Fort Wayne, IN. When I steal them I will be wearing a blue & white hoodie and large, dark colored blue jeans. On my feet I will have Sketchers, and my hair is black. I respond to "James" or "Jim". If you have any further questions about my stealing activities, I can be reached at:

1072 Monticello Ln

Fort Wayne, IN

or phoned at:

(219)-749-2341

you fucking pig. :five-o:

i will be callin your right now!

Originally posted by Nerd Wonder

Do you buy Prisma colors etc? I'm old already and cannot risk getting arrested for theft therefore I try to buy what I need. I haven't purchased any Prisma pens yet. Those things are very expensive. I'm into piecing etc (I suck) not to do it illegally but just to do it on paper. I've been following the scene for the past few years (never painted) and I just wanna be able to draw shit up. I don't want to go out and illegally paint. Eventually when I buy a house I'm gonna build a wall that will serve as a piecing wall for myself and whoever (friends etc).

Anyhow do you rack or buy your Prismas and supplies?

SEARCH SOME OTHER SITES. YOU DO NOT DO GRAFFITI, PER YOUR ABOVE STATEMENTS YOU WILL NEVE DO GRAFFITI. YOU ARE INTRESTED IN AEROSOL ART, THERE ARE ALOT OF SITES TO HELP YOU ALONG THE WAY BESIDES THIS ONE. I GOT MY PRISMAS AT ARRON BROTHERS, FOUND THEM ON SALE 1/2 OFF. GOT THE 48 SET FOR $70.00 JUST GO LOOK.

haha this is funny,graffiti isnt for you if you arnt gonna go out and paint, how old are you by the way? How about you work a little bit harder, get your self a well payin job then buy shit, i think stealin is weak as hell, i bet you 95% of people here that steal have enough money to buy a freakin art store. oh yeah this is paper chase, go to "the yard" to post stuff like this, since this is paper chase please post some sketches , im curious to see.

peace

In Broken Windows (the book), SEEN says....

"I can't believe people nowadays how they all buy their paint. Back in the days of moving steel, if you bought your paint other writers would consider you a sucker... And they would be the first ones taking you off of your paint (stealing it) because you were able to go buy your paint and they'd feel that you didn't belong there. That's the way it was back then. In the 1980s, I was out in San Francisco with some writers who were talking amongst themselves on how they found this store that had clover green paint and this other one that had that... And they couldn't wait to the end of the week to have money to go to the store and buy this paint. That was my first time of finding out that these writers were buying their paint and I looked at them and said, "What do you mean you're buying your paint." I mean 20 cans on a whole top to bottom in Rustoleum to do a whole car, which was nothing to do a whole car, you're talking $100 worth of paint. Who the hell had $100 to buy paint and besides you just didn't do it. I mean everything down to the film you used was racked. At that time, you even had the free mail-away packs at the supermarket where you would rack the film along with the free mail-away and get it developed for nothing too. We racked everything. An old time writer even wrote an article about how when you went to go get lunch, you didn't buy lunch. This is what it was all about back then, you know you're hanging out with four guys... And you'd decide who's in charge of racking the Italian bread and who's in charge of racking the salami, cheese and ham and who's in charge of the mayonnaise and the mustard and sodas. Then when you came out of the store, you all got together on the bench across the street, pulled everything out, laid it out and made your sandwiches while watching the trains go by and snapping your pictures."

hey dork... how was your day?

hmmm lets see... early in the afternoon i was found purchasing caps. sum german thins and sum german fats. after that i went to michael's and bought 7 cans of paint with my 20 dollar gift certificate that i got for christmas. i had to pay $2.33 out of my own pocket because the gift certificate only paid for so much. then later i was found in hobby lobby where i "accidentally" stuck a 12 pack of prisma markers under my hoodie and walked out the store.... oops.

if u feel like rackin... go for it.

i dont think anything is wrong with buying... i just figure its better if u get things at a discount price.

^^^^^^^^

"i dont think anything is wrong with buying... i just figure its better if u get things at a discount price."

yeah 5 finger discounts...

i just bought a bunch of markers cuz they were half off for the holidays, thats not a bad deal...but if i need one marker and its overpriced at like 4 dollars...it might slip off the shelf into my pocket miraculously, saving me the trouble of buying it...

Re: Re: Do you rack or buy your supplies?

Originally posted by Spike

no talk about racking on 12oz.

its in the rules...i would rack...u see your old and dont wanna risk gettin locked up....youd have to be pretty retarded gettin caught at most places like art stores office depots and office maxes they dont have cameras..its very easy to steal but on 12oz you really shouldnt talk about rackin or your ass will end up E-whooped...

Re: Re: Re: Do you rack or buy your supplies?

Originally posted by ¤Ñ£§k_ºÑ£R¤

its in the rules...i would rack...u see your old and dont wanna risk gettin locked up....youd have to be pretty retarded gettin caught at most places like art stores office depots and office maxes they dont have cameras..its very easy to steal but on 12oz you really shouldnt talk about rackin or your ass will end up E-whooped...

was that sarcasm? you just quoted something and then dropped info.. jesus you are fucking dumb... you and youre stupid ass fucking ieeto user name.. why would you even bring this back up? fuck man ou are so fucking stupid.. i bet you fucking suck too ;o) how about you get off this forum dicktard:idea:

Originally posted by JerryCurl

"I can't believe people nowadays how they all buy their paint. Back in the days of moving steel, if you bought your paint other writers would consider you a sucker... And they would be the first ones taking you off of your paint (stealing it) because you were able to go buy your paint and they'd feel that you didn't belong there. That's the way it was back then. In the 1980s, I was out in San Francisco with some writers who were talking amongst themselves on how they found this store that had clover green paint and this other one that had that... And they couldn't wait to the end of the week to have money to go to the store and buy this paint. That was my first time of finding out that these writers were buying their paint and I looked at them and said, "What do you mean you're buying your paint." I mean 20 cans on a whole top to bottom in Rustoleum to do a whole car, which was nothing to do a whole car, you're talking $100 worth of paint. Who the hell had $100 to buy paint and besides you just didn't do it. I mean everything down to the film you used was racked. At that time, you even had the free mail-away packs at the supermarket where you would rack the film along with the free mail-away and get it developed for nothing too. We racked everything. An old time writer even wrote an article about how when you went to go get lunch, you didn't buy lunch. This is what it was all about back then, you know you're hanging out with four guys... And you'd decide who's in charge of racking the Italian bread and who's in charge of racking the salami, cheese and ham and who's in charge of the mayonnaise and the mustard and sodas. Then when you came out of the store, you all got together on the bench across the street, pulled everything out, laid it out and made your sandwiches while watching the trains go by and snapping your pictures."

^^ this is the fucking deal. trust.

fuck buying car paint....

Originally posted by JerryCurl

this is one of the best shit ive ever read, i dont know why, but its dope as fuck

Dude, you might as well learn to rack your markers if all you want to do is sketch. That way you wont feel bad using up all the ink because you got it for free. Start small, eventually your marker collection will grow into a shoebox or two and your racking confidence will increase until you are tossing PS2's over the fence at walmart.

Archived