OUCH! CRIS KIRKWOOD of Meat Puppets.

Ethreadzny2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

before I am guilty of spreading rumors any further. I intitial heard it from my friend, who is heavily into grunge, so I thought it was legit. here is the real story.

Ex-Meat Puppets bassist shot by guard

Michael Kiefer

The Arizona Republic

Dec. 27, 2003 12:00 AM

Related

Rocker shot in downtown Phoenix

Cris Kirkwood, former bass player for the Meat Puppets, an influential Phoenix band that became a national act in the 1980s and '90s, was shot Friday after an altercation with a security guard at the downtown Phoenix post office.

Kirkwood, 43, was taken in critical condition to Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center and whisked into surgery for an abdominal wound.

According to witnesses, Kirkwood quarreled over a parking space shortly before 5 p.m. in front of the post office at Central Avenue and Fillmore Street.

Kirkwood was apparently backing into the parking space on Central when Jenny Hom, 32, of Phoenix, attempted to pull into it from behind.

Hom honked her horn, then both drivers pulled into a parking lot.