Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UK COMMUTER TRAINS

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Handles would get in the way? You´re hardly gonna get that close to do details on a wholecar. What about the other stock with the bastard curved bottoms and inverted doors....

Prime wc material I would have thought...but what do I know?

Originally posted by dreamy days

i dont know why?,slammers are more reliable and they are better,i jus like them.there fucking sick to paint...one flat pannel...sepecially the 1st class pannels;) ;)

They are 30-40 years old...maybe older still...Oh and they are deemed unsafe in an accident,for one reason.The design of the stock you see.....Pathetic isnt it?
Originally posted by OZEK

Handles would get in the way? You´re hardly gonna get that close to do details on a wholecar. What about the other stock with the bastard curved bottoms and inverted doors....

Prime wc material I would have thought...but what do I know?

surely you have to deal with handles on panels as well?!

Actually, thinking about it, you're right...

If you're doing a window-down wholecar then you would have to paint over the door handles, door hinges and the bottom half of the hand-rails that run alongside the doors. Plus those knobbly bits that stick out, if you know the ones I mean.

If you're doing a small enough pannel then you can opt to paint between the doors, but to be honest, it's not even that much of an issue. You're not going to be fucking about in the yard, worrying about a handrail, if you've only got 45 minutes to paint a wholecar (or 15 minutes if you are in NT).