UK COMMUTER TRAINS

trainspotter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You got it in a nutshell Boogyman, no-one cares.

Reports here in Australia are that the tube is getting nigh on impossible to paint. Is this true?

Also, in the KOC/MRS film, Route 666, an in service train rolls in to a station and stops for a good 5 minutes. Why is this? Is this to do with the stopping pattern? Waiting for a connecting service?

One more question for those who have a good balanced opinion. If I could visit only five cities in my tour of Europe (which I hope to do later this year or early next), which should they be? There is so many cities to select from, it's impossible to see them all. I am hoping to rock a working holiday, but if I can get enough work around the cities I will stay indefinitely.

At the moment, the cities I am most keen to visit would be Berlin, Paris, Lisbon, Amsterdam and Rome. Which cities are easiest to hook up with writers in? I've heard Stockholm is a pretty friendly place.

Also, in the KOC/MRS film, Route 666, an in service train rolls in to a station and stops for a good 5 minutes. Why is this? Is this to do with the stopping pattern? Waiting for a connecting service?

yep, all trains stop at stations for 5 mins to wait for connections, at nearly every single station!

One more question for those who have a good balanced opinion. If I could visit only five cities in my tour of Europe (which I hope to do later this year or early next), which should they be? There is so many cities to select from, it's impossible to see them all. I am hoping to rock a working holiday, but if I can get enough work around the cities I will stay indefinitely.

don't you know, every city in europe is easy as piss, especially for aussies!!

Originally posted by EightyFour@Jul 2 2005, 08:59 AM

At the moment, the cities I am most keen to visit would be Berlin, Paris, Lisbon, Amsterdam and Rome. Which cities are easiest to hook up with writers in? I've heard Stockholm is a pretty friendly place.

If I had the money, and not neccessarily with graffiti as a priority it'd have to be: Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Florence, Prague, Madrid.

for that smashed-like-Style Wars experience: Budapest, Warsaw, Rome, Split and the rest of those lawless Eastern Bloc countries etc etc

you're right theres so many to choose from...

Originally posted by abra cabra@Jul 2 2005, 07:56 PM

yep, all trains stop at stations for 5 mins to wait for connections, at nearly every single station!

don't you know, every city in europe is easy as piss, especially for aussies!!

hahahaha.

----------------------------

and mate, which panels in Route 666 dvd stop at the stations for for 5 minutes, because i certainly don't remember them stopping for that long, and i've only watched the dvd 48563489076348904683463476390486 times.

I believe it's a tube / BR backjump in which the two offenders crawl under a fence and drop MRS and KOC panels respectively. The footage is shot from on top of the fence. There is a middle-aged gent in the train directly above one of the writers.

Anda and Abra, thanks for your info.

"Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Florence, Prague, Madrid."

Interesting choices; all of those places appeal to me for different reasons. Must admit I overlooked Prague. Beautiful city, easy damage too. Also, what's Madrid's panel scene like since the bombing there?

"for that smashed-like-Style Wars experience: Budapest, Warsaw, Rome, Split and the rest of those lawless Eastern Bloc countries etc etc"

Lawless Eastern Bloc contries?! AHAH, you're spot on! I never knew there was a graffiti scene in Split. Any photos? What's Belgrade and Skopjé like? What about Georgia and Armenia?

I would love to go to at least one city where the transit system is absolutely bombed. Something where my panels will run for a while. That's my dream. To have a whole car run for a few days or a week.

I know that in Capetown, South Africa, they've had whole-cars running for years. Their passenger trains are flat as a pancake too. Any European cities you guys know of where passenger trains, preferably whole cars, run for ages? I know they run in Amsterdam and Rome and Copenhagen. I heard Paris is a 12 hour buff or something ridiculous now.

havent missed much while ive been in the Italian sun then??? :haha: ..Double deck trains,unlikely as it would cost a few quid to rejig all those lo bridges n tunnels,especially south of Watford.Oh and as for dirty grimey smashed Cities,Napoli Curcumvesunuvia line...but its a rough arsed City too.Gun totting plods... :shook:

Originally posted by Locofanclub@Jul 2 2005, 06:55 PM

havent missed much while ive been in the Italian sun then??? :haha: ..Double deck trains,unlikely as it would cost a few quid to rejig all those lo bridges n tunnels,especially south of Watford.Oh and as for dirty grimey smashed Cities,Napoli Curcumvesunuvia line...but its a rough arsed City too.Gun totting plods... :shook:

haha, Napoli`s wicked!!

caught 3 stinking unfinished panels earlier, down my local station along an swt route, got flix on my fone cam but its only a furie kaso and mink or summat like that, so the hassles of puttin the poor quality pics on photobucket is not worth the result of the shite panels for all to see! did anyone else catch it?

Ayo, Serious_Id. You have no idea, idiot. I live in the most remote capital city in the world, where panels run for no more than 4 hours. Whole cars get done at the rate of about 1 every two years. Talk all you want and make your snide remarks but fact is, I do have a clue. If you were to come to my city, you'd be shocked at the limited windows of opportunity to paint passenger trains. We have to try and finish panels in 3 minutes. So drop the Holier-Than-Thou attitude. I've been writing 13 months or thereabouts and I've rocked all the yards in my city, was the first to rock a new passenger train (solo) and continue to rock with the threat of jail time hanging over my head. Sure, maybe I don't have a clue about European train scenes and maybe I have no idea how things work in the U.K but I never acted like I did. I merely asked a question about a KOC MRS backjump and you think you can make some sneaky sideways remark? Furthermore, I referred to the person inside the train as a middle-aged gent because, guess what? He was a MIDDLE-AGED GENT.

Act like you know, this is no drill...

HUHUHU. Anyway, what I am basically getting at is if any is willing to put me up at their place for free and sleep on the couch and let me paint their yards and layups with their paint, I'd be most happy to bless them and their chosen city with my undeniably fresh style and humble manner :clown2:

At the moment I am thinking London, then Amsterdam, then Berlin for as long as I can. Probably stay in each city for fair few months. Amsterdam seems to be a mad fun city but Berlin is my favourite scene, looking in from the outside.

best thing by quite a shot on the last few pages, considering you must of spent most of your time sitting on your arse, on your computer posting 981 posts in the last 7 months. i doubt you've got anything better to look at in your shoe box!

Archived