UK COMMUTER TRAINS

trainspotter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i guess most people on here are too ghetto to travel on the posh SWT's that give out a free magazine but the current one has got a two page extravaganza on how they're dealing with the social menace that is modern graffiti; apparently they're cleaning it off things and they're going to replace the legals at vauxhall with a mural celebrating cricket's timeless glory. in my opinion cricket is more of a social menace than graffiti but there we go; difference of opinion is what seperates humans from krill, sea monkeys and the other animals of the world. it also has a nice photo of the two btp's who are spearheading an approach involving 'long-term identification of offenders'.

Originally posted by steven whoreking@Jun 13 2005, 10:20 AM

i guess most people on here are too ghetto to travel on the posh SWT's that give out a free magazine but the current one has got a two page extravaganza on how they're dealing with the social menace that is modern graffiti; apparently they're cleaning it off things and they're going to replace the legals at vauxhall with a mural celebrating cricket's timeless glory. in my opinion cricket is more of a social menace than graffiti but there we go; difference of opinion is what seperates humans from krill, sea monkeys and the other animals of the world. it also has a nice photo of the two btp's who are spearheading an approach involving 'long-term identification of offenders'.

is their any pictures of graff within this extravaganza

Originally posted by shadowman+Jun 13 2005, 10:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shadowman - Jun 13 2005, 10:27 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-steven whoreking@Jun 13 2005, 10:20 AM

is their any pictures of graff within this extravaganza

[/b]

yeah, there's a big picture of someone in orange looking a bit peeved next to a chrome hit on a wall that blatently got cleaned about a day before. get used to it mate.

ad13od.jpg

More new fliks going on wednesday night. New email, do not email the other account. grafflondon_gallery@yahoo.co.uk

So i hear some news today from a certain depot, some information cannot be let out at present. One of them was introducing a new way to tackle motional graffiti art. Apparently: they will be covering the trains with a thin plastic sheet. As soon as the art is presented it will then be stripped off immediately and taken to local btp offices, maybe put a frame around it and stick it up on the wall, play darts etc etc... If this comes into play it could be a serious blow to anyone thinking about putting paint to metal. Not sure if anyone can confirm? More news soon

Originally posted by GraffLondon@Jun 14 2005, 09:56 PM

So i hear some news today from a certain depot, some information cannot be let out at present. One of them was introducing a new way to tackle motional graffiti art. Apparently: they will be covering the trains with a thin plastic sheet. As soon as the art is presented it will then be stripped off immediately and taken to local btp offices, maybe put a frame around it and stick it up on the wall, play darts etc etc... If this comes into play it could be a serious blow to anyone thinking about putting paint to metal. Not sure if anyone can confirm? More news soon

They do that over on the continent too, I can't remember where exactly but if I remember correctly there was an article on it in Bomber a few years back...it's just a matter of peeling it off before painting.

Originally posted by OZEK+Jun 15 2005, 02:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (OZEK - Jun 15 2005, 02:50 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-GraffLondon@Jun 14 2005, 09:56 PM

They do that over on the continent too, I can't remember where exactly but if I remember correctly there was an article on it in Bomber a few years back...it's just a matter of peeling it off before painting.

[/b]

in italy we have them since 2001, it's a plastic layer in order to wash away the paint with really cheap solvents. the trains run approsimatively utill they reach a place with the buff, they do not change the layer everytime it would be much more expensive!

dunno if you're talking about that shit anyway

Guest imported_b0b

Bump for the flicks up top. Saw a DPM colour panel running on Networkers at the weekend and unfinished colour panel by one of the chaps above on a South Central electrostar at a yard near Croydon too.

Well thats what i suggested. Simply peeling it off and also half pinching em as they roll in at a station, you know take them back home, play darts, maybe put a frame around them.... But apperently you need ''special stuff'' to peel them off. Not sure what thats about. Also i hear, btp will no longer sit in the trains because it costs too much money and there are many ''unsuccessful operations''. Need a bit of confirmation on these. Seeing as companies made some serious amount of money in 2004 reguardless of the HUGE amount of damage that was caused in 2004, this is why its become such a serious issue this year. They've got the funds now and their taking action, be afraid.

100% genuine from someone else who knows.refurbed networkers for starters,and hey the new LU stock too...(think its the aditional jubilee carriages) So its a new challenge people.