UK COMMUTER TRAINS

trainspotter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what a shame...

dont take this the wrong way england...but all i used to hear from euro kids was the shit they would say about painting freight trains and how gay it is and how its all about commuters....but i've been in london for about 6 months now and maybe have seen 20 trains with fill ins..and one subway(the tube like you say)....i see quality shit everywhere on the lines but rarely on the trains...i just expected alot more...

Re: what a shame...

Originally posted by AllTheKingsMen

dont take this the wrong way england...but all i used to hear from euro kids was the shit they would say about painting freight trains and how gay it is and how its all about commuters....but i've been in london for about 6 months now and maybe have seen 20 trains with fill ins..and one subway(the tube like you say)....i see quality shit everywhere on the lines but rarely on the trains...i just expected alot more...

As you yanks are always going on about how hard the buff is on cleans in the US most train operating companies have the same policy here. As CantRead said "Just because you dont see it, dont meen it dont get done!!!!!!"....:D

the point of painting a train is to have it seen...not to take a picture of it and do whatever...i understand the whole clean train shit but what i can't cope with is the fact that people talk all this shit about painting freights, which do get seen by the masses, and then when i get here there's barely any trains to be seen........for a country with the amount of commuter trains that their is i would just expect more..especially with all the stuff i hear and read...but i guess that's all hype

on the other hand the train lines themselves are fucking getting smashed over here..

the point of painting a train is to have it seen...not to take a picture of it and do whatever...i understand the whole clean train shit but what i can't cope with is the fact that people talk all this shit about painting freights, which do get seen by the masses, and then when i get here there's barely any trains to be seen........for a country with the amount of commuter trains that their is i would just expect more..especially with all the stuff i hear and read...but i guess that's all hype

on the other hand the train lines themselves are fucking getting smashed over here..

By now I would think that I am smart enough to ignore motherfuckers like you, but I can't help it. You are complaining because you have been in London for 6 months and you haven't seen enough trains? Please.

And now you are on here, questioning their existence? "That's all hype". Every other individual [including those who talk shit on freights, etc.] on here is describing what they have seen, on what line, and, in many cases, posting the flicks.

I've read your two posts on this thread, and the other post where you described DDS as the "only" British crew that had earned your respect. Your conclusions are not only ridiculous, but quite confusing. However, I have some suggestions:

1.) You don't know too much about graffiti.

2.) You definitely do not know too much about London, especially if you "live" there. [i wish I could spend AT LEAST six months in London, no matter what the situation was].

3.) You haven't been doing your homework. [if you had been, you would not be commenting on how LITTLE train graffiti you have seen.

4.) You CERTAINLY have not gotten up on any of that steel for yourself, networker or tube.

5.) It's DUBIOUS that you have ever painted a clean train in your entire career.

You remind me of some dumb fellow American I met in a bar the other week. He was talking shit on my [football/soccer] team, and insisted he knew what he was talking about because he had "lived in London". Inquiring in to what his team was, he said "Arsenal". When I asked him what neighborhood Arsenal was located in, he did not hesitate to say "East London." Perhaps you don't get the connection, but after what you have said, that makes sense.

Nobody who knew what they were talking about ever said that the steel was easy in the UK, nor did anyone ever say that trains are fucking bombed the fuck up every day of the year.

One does not paint trains to "have it seen". You do it because THAT is what motivates you to write graffiti, and often the best hope is to get an instant flick of it. But like I said, maybe you would not understand that. And if you are on 12 Oz. talking about the lack of London graffiti, you obviously have not been paying attention to the pictures that heads put on here daily, representing what's happening now, as well as what was happening 15 years ago.

And that is just plain sad.

Originally posted by capslock

OH GOOD cheers skrib nice to know the jela's runnin...he didnt get flicks and all his mates thinks hes bull shitting...if you can mate could u possbly flick them for me??

cheers skribba dee

sorry mate, i had a camera too, but it rolled through on the through track next to platform 6, so i didnt get the chance to flick it :(

AllTheKingsMen

i told you...

i've been trying to tell people london's train scene is off the chain...it's what people who paint clean trains in nyc wish they had still....

ecam is hot and that NOIR whole car is fucking sick

Last edited by AllTheKingsMen on 04-27-2002 at 03:02 AM

"Taken from mind the gap thread"

1 in a million... i've been tryin to ignore him also! but i think u have summed it up nicley...

He has no idea....

All the kings men...Go paint some real live rolling stock...

Real train scenes are UNDERGROUND & live...

you can't bomb and get up no internet site...

bermondsey born...

nice novel on that one...i dont remember going as far as to say dds are the only thing i would respect out here...their's plenty of quality shit but that seems to be the most up...i'm not going to sit here and list evey individual writer that i think is nice in this city...

and my point was was that i was expecting more...i never said new york had more clean trains getting painted or any rediculous shit like that...just that people shouldnt talk shit about freights and brag that their commuter trains are getting killed when it's not....atleast on the level that i was expecting to see...

on a lighter note i was also expecting to see these old euro styles we've come acustomed...but i guess it's gotten better so good on you for that...

and that arsenal thing and east end thing is shit...i could say the same about everyone here in their new york yankee hats but don't even know who derek jeter is..or that they think the yankees are from brooklyn and shit...get off the football thing...besides, everyone know the only team worth a shit are the super lions of MILLWALL

and if it makes you all happy..on my walk home from the golden lion today a nice wholecar was sitting up on the 1st platform at south bermondsey...

Millwall fan, ya`ll aright in my book:king:

we also paint clean trains too...and the yank ways i was brought up with also saved your asses in WW2..and our yank weapons also saved your asses in the faulklands......so get off that yankee doodle dandee shit and take those nasty ass NY yankee caps off that everyone in england wears...its sickening..more people like the yankees here then in the bronx...and i just can't cope with the fact that the same people in england that talk shit about the way we do shit in america wear NY hats..

besides, if you want to support a real team go get a florida marlins hat...

Archived