the NEW sketch thread

Overtime

Im not sure of the website you mentioned, but fills for me just tend to happen. I just tend to try as many different things as possible. Another thing that helps is just looking at a lot of graf/design stuff and seeing how colours work well together.

Really it is just trial and error, and after a while you don't really get as many errors!

Yeah, I agree with that last line and that's the exact trip that I'm on right now.

That batch of pics that I just posted is an example of that. I'm trying to stick to pretty simple designs right now and focus on colour choice and fills in order to get me to the point where I don't have to design the fills in my head before I do them but let them flow as I go, which I believe is what Decy is talking about here. Back when I was writing fills were all about bubbles, fades and cracks! My strategy now is just to look at as much stuff as I can, let myself get inspired but don't look too closely at what others do to the point that I start biting and draw, draw, draw.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Ha, yeah stupid anti-Semites!

Oh, whoops, wrong defence machanism against valid criticism....

Stoopid haterz, STOOPID HATERZZ!!!

Ok, I'll try to grow up a bit and act more constructively.

Propz, you got heaps of potential but I reckon your work could benefit from focusing on letter structure and more simple forms for a while. Don't take this as some one having a crack at you, I barely deserve to have my stuff sitting in this thread too. I just feel that you need to increase balance and flow in your letters and the overall look of your pieces. The throw above is alright, though. Try drawing your own characters as well rather than cutting and pasting stuff.