the NEW sketch thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I dont know what your trying to say here.. but the stuff around someone influences their style.. same thing with graffiti. The people who he paints with/looks up too will also influence the way his style progresses.

In my opinion, simples dont have anything to do with ones style. They just teach generic letter structure. You cant get style by just drawing 'keyboard' letters all the time. Either you try more wild shit and learn from errors, or in the case with Boom1969... your 'influenced' by other writers..

Getting influenced/inspired from someone else's work is one thing, that DEFINITELY helps push your style. All I'm saying is you can't try on styles the way you try on shoes at the store and expect to be successful. The most you can do is learn and apply those lessons to your own work.

Simple letters create the foundation for wild style - they don't define style - Great wild style relies on having great base letter structure, if you don't know how to make your "A" look solid AND steezy then you need to practice simples more.

Whatever, I don't mean to preach, do whatever floats your respective boats, the harder you work the better the results.