the NEW sketch thread

Overtime

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

gotta say some sick shit in here. Huge fan of BIZAR and Ioka's stuff, saltline coming correct with that freaked out throwup style and fuck, jitsu man, its been a while, nice to see improvement. thumbs up.

oh one thing, ioka, no need for the artsy shots, thats for hiding shit letters :P

neon you've progressed so much and i'm glad you stuck with the name, i remember at the start it was a pain int eh ass but it's coming along nicely! that last one reminds me of ALTS, not saying you're biting or anything it looks good, one day you can burn like him.

Snot looks dope!

I like the second and third Ys. I'd be playing around a bit more with that A though. I'd like to see you mix in some roundness there to balance it out and make it a bit more flowy.

If I get stuck on outlines I pick one, stick with it for a bit and start innovating with fill, colours and background. Give yourself some time away from outlines to incubate new ideas and them come to you naturally.

Not that I'm any kind of style king or anything, just helped be progress and get over humps, is all.

If I may criticise, I'd say your letters aint bad at all but you got to give your letters equal visual weight. your O and I are way too small (didn't notice the I at first glance, thought it was just a wee bit of the A or an exclamation mark), lose the crown, its useless and make the right part of your Y go up to the top, at the same height as your H...if you do that it should give another look to your sketch and add legibility...

hope it helps