Being an immigrant in the United States

FuckWhitey

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_El Mamerro

Technically I'm not an immigrant cause Puerto Rico is part of the US, but from what I'd heard before I went to the US, we're treated as immigrants anyways (aside from paperwork issues, of course).

Then I went to the states and it didn't seem that way at all. I was treated awesomely.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

Technically I'm not an immigrant cause Puerto Rico is part of the US, but from what I'd heard before I went to the US, we're treated as immigrants anyways (aside from paperwork issues, of course).

Then I went to the states and it didn't seem that way at all. I was treated awesomely.

thats sounds cool. did you live in the US before you moved ou there cause I didnt? did you move out there with your parents? cause I didnt

and finally, how old were you? I was 18

thats cool that you like it though

Nah, I'd visited the US a few times before, but that was it. Moved there when I was 18, by myself, for college. 5 years later and I'm back in Puerto Rico, and it's not because I didn't like it... more because of the weather and business opportunities.

Well, I've never behaved much like the stereotypical puertorrican (except for the lazyness thing), and I've always been switching up my tastes and looks since i was a little kid, so if I did when I was in the states it wasn't to fit in. I was just exposed to new stuff that I liked.

Hey what do you get when you mix a black guy and a mexican...a puerto rican..haha.

Okay, yea im a fucking immigrant in this bitch.

Came over the border when i was 1 and am now damn near 40, kinda stringent since i can get deported and my legal status taken away if im caught painting. kinda funny isnt it.

I hate my fucking country, cant do shit there, the gangs run everything, the police, the stores, even the fucking government to an extent.. the only thing about my country i like is the view of the volcanoes and the sexy bitches, the country ones though, the city ones can eat a big one.

I like america to an extent, but id rather be here then back where i came from, it has treated me like shit and it still does, ive got my (A) number tattooed on my back with a barcode like the cow they make you out to be. Im still plotting the revolution though.

So if any motherfucking knuckleheads wanna get down and plot out our future, im all down for it.

Cheese and beans my brothers, cheese and beans.

I'm from the bahamas. shits mad ill. cuz I dont have permanent residency yet, gettin into college is full of all kinds of bull. The bad part is, I got a full track scholarship, but I still havent even applied because of legal complications. I'm still waitin on this lawyer to get the shit straight so that i can enjoy a nice US education for free.

Originally posted by SpyD

I'm from the bahamas. shits mad ill. cuz I dont have permanent residency yet, gettin into college is full of all kinds of bull. The bad part is, I got a full track scholarship, but I still havent even applied because of legal complications. I'm still waitin on this lawyer to get the shit straight so that i can enjoy a nice US education for free.

Marry an american...seriously,or if your parents are residents try to obtain a "v" visa, which essentially is a family unification program, they are currently used when lets say the parents and 2 brothers are legal but one person isnt, if you do in fact try to get a visa to study, there have been times when peopel had to go back to their place of origin and wait for it, (which ultimately sucks asshole). But if you did not come into the united states legally, then there is a possiblitly that you will have to go back to the bahamas and wait for it...ask your lawyer about the V visa and also about a F1 - F 2 Student visa. But if you say that your lawyer is taking care of it then you should be straight, but ask for references and also dont go to a notary public, go to a lawyers office.

Originally posted by oneeightyone

Marry an american...seriously,or if your parents are residents try to obtain a "v" visa, which essentially is a family unification program, they are currently used when lets say the parents and 2 brothers are legal but one person isnt, if you do in fact try to get a visa to study, there have been times when peopel had to go back to their place of origin and wait for it, (which ultimately sucks asshole). But if you did not come into the united states legally, then there is a possiblitly that you will have to go back to the bahamas and wait for it...ask your lawyer about the V visa and also about a F1 - F 2 Student visa. But if you say that your lawyer is taking care of it then you should be straight, but ask for references and also dont go to a notary public, go to a lawyers office.

does the 'child' have to be under a certain age to apply for a 'V' visa? how long does this process take do u know?

nevermind:

The new V1 and V2 nonimmigrant visas allow certain spouses of lawful permanent residents and the children of those spouses to travel to and from the US and to reside in the US while they wait for the final completion of their immigration process. It does not matter whether that process will be completed by adjusting status in the US or in securing an immigrant visa overseas. The spouse and unmarried children of lawful permanent residents who qualify for the V1 and V2 visas will be able to visit and reside with their lawful permanent resident family member. The V visas for adults will be valid for multiple requests for entry for ten years; for children under the age of 11, these visas will also be issued for multiple entries and with a 10 validity date; for children 11 years old or older, the visa will be valid for multiple requests to enter and will remain valid until the holder’s 21st birth day. Moreover, holders of V1 and V2 visas may apply for employment authorization documents to work in the US.

The only "social" complaint I have about the U.S. is the boys.... they're short and fat. In South America, boys are mixed with European descent so they're T-A-L-L and it is not socially acceptable to be fat. Also, I noticed that foreign boys are more straight foward and they treat their chicks a lot better.

The only "social" complaint I have about the U.S. is the boys.... they're short and fat. In South America, boys are mixed with European descent so they're T-A-L-L

WHAT?!?!:lol: :lol:

yeah, American's aren't mixed with European descent! Ha.

White corn fed midwestern "boys" are tall as shit! I am 6'-1" and in the midwest I'm average. I know many "boys" who are 6'-2 to 6'-4 and taller. We have many African Americans here in the U.S. also, and they tend to be quite tall also.

What areas of the U.S. do you exactly frequent?

Also, calling women "chicks" isn't exactly proper when you want to treat them right! na' mean?

Originally posted by swiss cheese

White corn fed midwestern "boys" are tall as shit! I am 6'-1" and in the midwest I'm average. I know many "boys" who are 6'-2 to 6'-4 and taller.

Nice. Sounds like I gotta move to the midwest..... I frequent California. I've been to most of the major cities, except Chicago and Miami.

"corn fed".... shit is pretty funny.

Originally posted by Fuck Ya'll

The only "social" complaint I have about the U.S. is the boys.... they're short and fat. In South America, boys are mixed with European descent so they're T-A-L-L and it is not socially acceptable to be fat. Also, I noticed that foreign boys are more straight foward and they treat their chicks a lot better.

5'9" represent.

Just about every American is descended from immigrants.

Except the Native Americans, and even they came across the land bridge across the Bering Straight from Asia about umpteen thousand years ago.

My father's family came from Germany, via Switzerland, back in the 1880's. My mother's family came from England in the 1760's. Word is that our English progenitor was a British Army officer (a captain) who was caught in an adulterous relationship with another officer's wife. She got pregnant, and they were both convicted of adultery and sentenced to "ten years transportation" (exile) to the Colonies. She was divorced from her husband, and married the cashiered captain. Both died in the passage, but the baby lived, and was raised in America by his uncle. He grew up and went on to a career as an officer first in the Colonials, then in the Continental Army.

Nobody in my family speaks a word of German, nor do we care about Germany at all. We're Americans, that's it. Immigrants should be the same way. You want to live here? Great. YOUR LOYALTY SHOULD BE HERE, not in the country you left behind. If you just came here for money, it was a foolish decision and you probably won't ever be happy here. My Dad has a friend who was brought to Chicago from Mexico as an infant. He grew up here, went to high school and college here, served in the U.S. Army, but is still a Mexican citizen. I asked him once if he ever wanted to visit Mexico, and he said "What the hell for? I ain't lost nothing down there. My home is here. I don't want to ever live anywhere else."

Re: Just about every American is descended from immigrants.

Originally posted by KaBar2

Except the Native Americans, and even they came across the land bridge across the Bering Straight from Asia about umpteen thousand years ago.

My father's family came from Germany, via Switzerland, back in the 1880's. My mother's family came from England in the 1760's. Word is that our English progenitor was a British Army officer (a captain) who was caught in an adulterous relationship with another officer's wife. She got pregnant, and they were both convicted of adultery and sentenced to "ten years transportation" (exile) to the Colonies. She was divorced from her husband, and married the cashiered captain. Both died in the passage, but the baby lived, and was raised in America by his uncle. He grew up and went on to a career as an officer first in the Colonials, then in the Continental Army.

Nobody in my family speaks a word of German, nor do we care about Germany at all. We're Americans, that's it. Immigrants should be the same way. You want to live here? Great. YOUR LOYALTY SHOULD BE HERE, not in the country you left behind. If you just came here for money, it was a foolish decision and you probably won't ever be happy here. My Dad has a friend who was brought to Chicago from Mexico as an infant. He grew up here, went to high school and college here, served in the U.S. Army, but is still a Mexican citizen. I asked him once if he ever wanted to visit Mexico, and he said "What the hell for? I ain't lost nothing down there. My home is here. I don't want to ever live anywhere else."

what a retard