Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bathoræ

On the subject of school...

Recommended Posts

Given the study/finals/school topics of late; I'm interested in how many of you are going to college and what everyone is studying. Or, if you've already received a degree, what is it in? Why'd you pick what you did?

 

I'm guessing Poop Man Bob is doing the law thing, and non-hetero seems to be going for psychology... (correct me if I'm wrong)

 

Anyone planning on going to graduate school?

 

 

I'm currently planning on going into psychology because I seem to have a sort of unhealthy obsession with the way people function... Conditions permitting, I hope to get a Phd. eventually (most likely in Clinical Psych.)

 

 

:idea: :idea: :idea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm in junior college, just working on transferring to a four-year for a b.a. in something. not too picky at this point in my life. this is funny because i had this conversation with someone on friday night: what the fuck do you do with a four-year degree in psychology? all we could come up with is guidance counselor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by gfreshsushi

what the fuck do you do with a four-year degree in psychology? all we could come up with is guidance counselor.

 

Yea, there's only a handfull of things you can do with a BS... Most of it is either Counselling or Research... nothing that makes good money, really.

 

Although, my real dad's girlfriend is working on her dissertation right now in Psych. She's got her counselling certificate and works in the Psych ward at one of the local emergency rooms making mad amounts of money. They pay $200-300 a case and you get on average 3-4 cases per shift. Downside is that the shifts are 12 hours, but still...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a degree in Sports Business. Well, actually I'll have it at the end of this year, I still only have to take two classes starting in January....

 

But it will have taken 3 and a half years to realize that I don't want to do anything involved in Sports Business....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

I have a degree in Sports Business. Well, actually I'll have it at the end of this year, I still only have to take two classes starting in January....

 

But it will have taken 3 and a half years to realize that I don't want to do anything involved in Sports Business....

 

sport agents make mad dough mah niggah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm a 20 year old freshman at the University of New Mexico

i worked for 2 years after i graduated from high school and i wasn't happy with my jobs (banker, and sales represenative for a local newspaper) so i decided i wanted to go back to school. i am planning on getting my masters, eventually after i get my ba. i want to be a teacher, preferaly for elemenyry kids, grades 3-5.

i know there is not much money in teaching but it is somthing i have wanted to do for some time now, and i think it is quite a noble profession.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by DETO

i'm a 20 year old freshman at the University of New Mexico

i worked for 2 years after i graduated from high school and i wasn't happy with my jobs (banker, and sales represenative for a local newspaper) so i decided i wanted to go back to school. i am planning on getting my masters, eventually after i get my ba. i want to be a teacher, preferaly for elemenyry kids, grades 3-5.

i know there is not much money in teaching but it is somthing i have wanted to do for some time now, and i think it is quite a noble profession.

 

you sound like a profile on those online dating services :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by king kong

you sound like a profile on those online dating services :lol:

 

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest amorphic

Freshman...Art Major-Graphic Design.

 

I'm gonna live in a big cardboard box behind 7-11 when I grow up. :beat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by E MARTYR

 

oh well, not sure what im gonna do with my life, maybe ill just end it. haha.

 

 

best thing i ever read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by bathoræ

I'm currently planning on going into psychology because I seem to have a sort of unhealthy obsession with the way people function... Conditions permitting, I hope to get a Phd. eventually (most likely in Clinical Psych.)

 

psychology is my favorite class this semester.

Shit is interesting like fuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: Re: On the subject of school...

 

Originally posted by DETO

psychology is my favorite class this semester.

Shit is interesting like fuck.

 

yea... I've got 4 psych classes lined up for next semester: Stat Principles, Learning and Memory, Brain and Behavior, and Cognitive psych...

:o

 

trying to get into honors for the fall semester...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im going to a course in visual art and a course in education, once ive finished i will be a high school art teacher. i dont really care that it doesnt make alot of money, its something that ive always wanted to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest ctrl+alt+del

i envy you people that have things that youve always wanted to do. me, i dont really want to do anything. i was thinking itd be superbly ill to do voice over work for cartoons and that type of crap. but you dont need college for that, do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freshman Art.....Industrial Design, hopefully designing cars in years to come.

 

edit: For cartoons, you can major in time based media that is cartoons, animations and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×