Who Likes Punk and SKa?

MystikPW

who else likes bands like less than jake, reel big fish, goldfinger, catch 22, unsung zeroes, mest, mxpx, nofx, big wig, me 1st and the gimme gimmes, saves the day, good charlotte, save ferris, new found glory the youth ahead, new direxion, and zebra head? and does anyone know any other underground bands that i wouldnt have heard of...that i would like based on my taste?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest a freighting story

im sorry guy but every band you just listed...well...to put it nicely sucks ass. no offense to you, you dont understand but you will..and one day you will thank me to not encouraging you to buy any of their records...they are as far from "underground" as can be and most of the bands are full of idiots and whiners. those bands arent punk in any sense of the word. thanks

maybe punk was a little bit too strong of a word...i tend to disagree with you though about these bands sucking...it all comes down to taste...and since you dont have my taste, you cant tell me which bands suck...im aware that these bands for the most part are not underground...thats why i asked for any UNDERGROUND bands that plays music like the bands i listed...a lot of PopPunk and skaterska...is that better freighting story?

to each his own and heres mine, playlist of this eve.:

lack of interest- trapped inside

suicidal tendencies

satanic surfers- skate to hell

eazy- e - eazy does it

some marley then some jazz on the radio

and now cattle decapitation!

oh yeah ska is okay if its op ivy but thats about it, oh but definatly choking victim

yeahyeah

Originally posted by ElemEnoPee1:

im pretty sure that was a joke...it better have been...none of these bands is as close to selling out like blink did...they sold out to offspring potential...changed everything...maybe RBF sold out that bad, but most of the bands on there havent

But they still suck, man. Some of those bands I used to listen to, in all honesty. I had some bad taste in music when I was 13.

MXPX????? Fuck your taste in music.

NOBODY HERE IS INTO SKA I WOULD SAY? AS AN EX BLACK SKINHEAD( AND YES THERE IS SUCH A FUCKIN THING) I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THE BEST BANDS ARE

TRADITIONAL SKA

BYRON LEE AND THE DRAGONERS

TOOTS AND THE MAYTAL

OLD SCHOOL BOB MARLEY

THE WAILERS

THE MOTHAFUCKIN SKATALITES

DESSMOND DEKKER

TWO TONE SKA

THE POLICE

MADNESS

THE SPECIALS (HEHE NEVILLE STAPLES OWES ME TEN BUCKS,AND HIS SON SLEPT WHITH MY FRIENDS GIRLFRIEND.)

BAD MANNERS

THATS ALL I CAN REMEMBER FOR THE TWO TONE ERA RIGHT NOW

THIRD WAVE TRADITIONAL SKA

HEPCAT HEPCAT HEPCAT

WARSAW(NOT REALLY BUT THE HORN SECTION IS BAD ASS)

JUMP WITH JOEY

THE TOASTERS

OCEAN 11

THE AUTHENTICS

THE SPECIALS AND THEIR WEIRD ASS COMEBACK

THIRD WAVE SKA POP PUNK AND WHATEVER ELSE

SKELETONES(SQEEEEEEAL JONAS!!DROPS THE PANTIES:ROLLEYES:

SAVE FERRIS

NO DOUBT (BEFORE THE FAME, AND YES GWENS NIPPLES ARE BROWN)

GOLDFINGER

FISHBONE FISHBONE FISHBONE

REEL BIG FISH(BEFORE MTV)

OPERATION IVY

THE AQUABATS(NOTE THE DRUMMER FROM BLINK 182 WAS ORIGINALY FROM THAT GROUP)

SKANKIN PICKLE

Rx BANDITS

SUBERBAN RYTHUM

THE CHERRY POPPIN DADDIES(THE FAGS DITCHED SKA FOR THE SWING CRAZE)

UHHHHHHHH THATS I GUESS WHAT YOU COULD SAY IS THE BEST OF THEM

I HAVENT BEEN IN THE SCENE SINCE 94 WHEN I STARTED GETTING INTO RAGGA, DUB STYLE, ROCKSTEADY, AND A SHITLOAD OF JUNGLE

BUT MTV REALLY HAD A HAND IN EXPOSING AND CLOSING THE SKA CULTURE BY GENERALISING ALOT OF THE SUBCULTURES OF THE MUSIC..AND TO BE HONEST FISHBONE HAS BEEN ON THE FORFRONT OF MANY BANDS GIVING THEM THEIR CHANCE LIKE SUBLIME,SKELETONES,DOOMSDAY,NODOUBT, LIVING COLOR,GOLDFINGER,AND MORE.

DEAD*LIFE*SKINHEADS CIRCLIN YOUR PUNY SKATER ASSES DLS DLS DLS DLS DLS HAHAHA I MISS THE DRUNKEN FIGHTS

------------------

HTTP://WWW.homeusers.prestel.co.uk/boak/can101.html

Yo moogle thats wierd because I used to be into ska to but a few things happened to it and I started to listen to ragga and jungle to.

For the guy whos aking the questions about some good ska and punk bands...I have a few things to say to you...

1. Reel Big Fish, Save Ferris, NoDoubt,etc..Killed Ska and gave it a bad name because all those bands were pop sounding bastards

2. Some good ska(Ihavnt seriously listened to ska in 2-3 years)are:

THUMPER(Check this band out)

THE SKUNKS

TOASTERS

THE PACERS

SKANKIN PICKLE

MU330

MUSTARD PLUG

MEPHISKAPHALES

VOODOO GLOW SKULLS

SKA KING CRAB

And quite a few others that escape my mind. In conclusion, if you want some good ska get the compilation albulms Skanarchy #1&2, Skarmagedon#1,and Misfits of Ska#1.

And last I have to admit skanking(ska dance)is quite fuckin stupid

------------------

banner.jpg

its all about...

black flag

the germs

special duties

chaos uk

casualties

the virus

the varukers

charles bronson

the unseen

the misfits

oxymoron

aus rotten.......there are sooooo many more, but ive already listed enough...oh and i agree with everyone else that said those pussy poppunk bands suck, but whatever..you cant change someones mind...someday he will realize that those bands suck ass.

Archived