I <3 heep hope

Vanity

alright.. corny as it sounds.. i love hip hop.. every aspect of the "culture"... even though thte concept of a culture based on music disgusts me.

rapping: craziness.. way better than written poetry... more complex, ltos of originalit (lots of unoriginality too...), writtens, freestyles, whatever... i love the hunger... and experiments in flow... lyrical complaxity is way superior to anything other genre (except, perhaps, speken word... probably comes out of the lack of emphasis on emotion).

djiing: i get geeked when i hear some fresh cuttin, wave twisters is unlike anything i've hear before (even though i actually didn't like it as much as more "generic" stuff), beat juggling and how fast some of these

kids are gets me hyped

bboying: i've always been way jealous of these cats because they can do w/ their bodies what many songs make me feel like doing (granted, a lot of em jus tdo it for pussy/ego boosts.. but yeah). i tried for about a year.. i can 6 step and brooklyn rock, but im just too fat for it.

beatboxing: most slept on thing in music.. so many possibilities, once again.. quite jealous of those that are good.

production: seems like everyone's into it these days... but whatever... hard to comment on this since it varies so much, but when i bump some old soul or jazz record, it's the "hip hop" aspect of it that gets me

graff: yeah, it's pretty lame in a hiphop context, but yeah.. (wierd how this is the part i gloss over considering the context)

bu tyeah, it's corny.. but i love it all... from the electo grimey oldschool to the backpacking egos to the beats of cash money.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Vanity

oh yeah... and it's the beatnuts remix of common's breaker 1, 9 that made me feel like making this.

Got it. I think I'll throw that on and chill.......listen to Diamond D's remix of Special Ed-"Lyrics"

i never bothered w/ them.. the name always detered me, like they were on some uber black power tip (im pretty sure abraham was black).. but i've heard they are good

dobule dee and steinski-lesson 1 (the globe and wizkid remix... which was actually a contest winner to a remix, which the company didnt like becaaue it was made by 2 white guys in their 30s)

^^ im a nerd.. this thread was also inspire dby old milwuakee :krunk:

good thread man, I agree, although as time wears on I am becoming more partial to a wide variety of tunes. let just say this, if and when I do own an ipod there will be gigs upon gigs commited to hiphop. for me I love the westcoast stuff, project blowed, Ab, Freestyle fellowship, . . .

my 2 bits

Archived