CSX and Slaves

Ident

Hello.....McFly!!

Originally posted by angelofdeath

i thought you only fight drunk lesbians and dudes on crutches.

http://www.ozcraft.com/scifidu/future/cast_dad.jpg'>

You've got a point, you might not be able to defend yourself as well as either one of them, but I'd still cast you in the same group of degenerates.

Hey, did you ever stop to think during one of the thousands of times that you have refered to this story that you might look like a bumbling, gossiping half-wit, since me and homeboy made it up? Keep doing it though, cracks me up everytime.

Sorry to interject all this crap in this thread, but really it was going nowhere fast anyway.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by iloveboxcars

The african-americans of today are not owed anything. Nothing was taken away from them, if they still live in the slums it's their own fault, not mine or my parents fault. I would completely agree with paying off people who actually lived through it... but giving these people money today is like some dude paying me 100 dollars because my grandpa worked for him and he didn't give him any money for it.

Today's black people whose great grandparents suffered through slavery definitely haven't undergone that same ordeal, but they have been raised into a society offering plenty of social and psychological inequalities, all of which are direct results of black slavery's original design.

I think it would be nice if (a reasonable amount of) money was taken from the profit-mongering corporations who've thrived off of slave labor and channeled into root problems underlying modern black communities, as opposed to just writing out checks to individual descendents of slaves (if that's in fact the case).

Originally posted by Ten Cents

Today's black people whose great grandparents suffered through slavery definitely haven't undergone that same ordeal, but they have been raised into a society offering plenty of social and psychological inequalities, all of which are direct results of black slavery's original design.

I think it would be nice if (a reasonable amount of) money was taken from the profit-mongering corporations who've thrived off of slave labor and channeled into root problems underlying modern black communities, as opposed to just writing out checks to individual descendents of slaves (if that's in fact the case).

damn your smart.

i was gonna go there but didnt see the point in trying to elaborate,

and risk being mis-viewed as a communist nigger loving terrorist or something.

but thanks, that is a good point.

Ok, don't get me wrong, I totally see your point of view and can see how you can agree with it.. and I would agree with it as well if all black people were still in the gutter.. but many a black people have made it out of the projects or what have you.. and if you don't have the drive to get out of your current situation then that is your fault, not somebody else's that was dead before you were born.

And the corporations paying the restitution is complete bullshit. The corporations were set within the governments guidelines at the time. Corporations did nothing wrong (yes they did something morally wrong) according to the laws of that time. The government is the one who should be paying off these people if any payments should be made at all.

All of the slave owners of the day also lost all of their money and most of them became extremely poor. There was no alternative to slaves so their farms went to shit and they went bankrupt. Even though their actions were morally wrong, their actions were not legally wrong until the civil war, and when the north won they should have supplied some sort of alternative so that these people could continue to thrive. If black people whom are descendents of slaves get money then the descendents of slave owners should get money as well.

Once again, I see your views and see how you can agree with them. Don't cross out my gangster tags zed, I love you.

Originally posted by iloveboxcars

And the corporations paying the restitution is complete bullshit. The corporations were set within the governments guidelines at the time. Corporations did nothing wrong (yes they did something morally wrong) according to the laws of that time. The government is the one who should be paying off these people if any payments should be made at all.

All of the slave owners of the day also lost all of their money and most of them became extremely poor. There was no alternative to slaves so their farms went to shit and they went bankrupt. Even though their actions were morally wrong, their actions were not legally wrong until the civil war, and when the north won they should have supplied some sort of alternative so that these people could continue to thrive. If black people whom are descendents of slaves get money then the descendents of slave owners should get money as well.

It would suck for a corporation to be forced into turning over a shitload of money as a consequence of something that happened before anyone currently working at that corporation was ever even born.

It also sucks for economically disadvantaged black people born into lower-class, crime-ridden neighborhoods to be forced into the transcension of such a (relatively) difficult life, when not one of them had anything to do with the slave trade or the importation of their race into America (cliche stance, but true).

And it would also suck for the current government and its taxpayers, both of whom equally had nothing to do with slavery, to contribute their money into any sort of organized effort to pay restitutions for it.

I don't know what the answer is, and I dont think much will happen anyway; but I'm not too into big corporations, so if anyone was forced to, I'd rather see them pay (or at least the rich bureaucrats who control the corporations).

I don't think any slave owners' descendants deserve reparations though. As a whole, they havent seen nearly the same level of abuse that the slave descendants have since slavery was outlawed.

• 3 weeks later...

who cares

of course the rail road used slaves to build there shit...were there trains during or before the civil war??? duuuuuuh....who cares this was all so long ago...there is no changing it...you cant reverse things..so lets quit talking about this shit before someone gets called racist and a bunch of shit starts...thats what i think!!! ....SFR

my one cent

giving individual families compensation won't work, but corporations that profited of off slavery donating money to minority organizations and maybe even human rights organizations would be a good example for other corporate crooks to follow. and also i dissagree that blacks have equal opportunities as whites..white males have it made. plus slavery still goes on today, american companies make masive profits off of sweat shops that are employing people living well below the poverty line.