? PS2 or XBOX ?

ASER1NE

holy damn

capita you rock seriously ...... that shit was bonded hard .

im leaning towards xbox right now , but ps2 is still pullin at my ass....socom II just looks so damn fun , and i love the finalfantasy series .... but iono

also with the mod shit , how much does that cost , i aint rich , my psx mod cost like 25 bucks ... so around there >?

and how/where do i get a new operating system and or bigger hard drive for xbox , sounds mad technical and difficult .

are the tom clancy games any good , those are my favourite genre's right now , tactical first person shit ......?

im confused ....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ARCEL

i have a ps2

hahaha, what happened to dreamcast and gamecube ?

haha Dreamcast has been gone for a long time, now Sega makes games mostly for the Gamecube.

Gamecubes are still rockin, new F-Zero is out, Metroid Prime is fucking awesome, Super Smash Bros is a CLASSIC, new Zelda's pretty cool.

One thing that brings PS2's down a level is the fact that most games only support 2 players, and if they did support 4 you have to go buy that fuckin thing, meanwhile XBOX and gamecube come factory fresh ready for up to 4 players...and once you discover 4 player Halo there's no turnin back.

get them all..

this asian guy I hang out with (guess he fits the stereotype) has just about every system.

I like alot of the old stuff just the sam e as the new.

If I were to pick one I would say the Xbox, they seem more durable. I bought a Ps2 and I broke the sonofabitch.:(

Re: holy damn

Originally posted by ASER1NE

capita you rock seriously ...... that shit was bonded hard .

im leaning towards xbox right now , but ps2 is still pullin at my ass....socom II just looks so damn fun , and i love the finalfantasy series .... but iono

also with the mod shit , how much does that cost , i aint rich , my psx mod cost like 25 bucks ... so around there >?

and how/where do i get a new operating system and or bigger hard drive for xbox , sounds mad technical and difficult .

are the tom clancy games any good , those are my favourite genre's right now , tactical first person shit ......?

im confused ....

If you like tactical first person shooters, I'd say box is the way to go. Socom is fucking HARSH, but its pretty much the only game PS2 has in the genre. Xbox has Ghost Recon, Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, and more that I can't think of right now. Also, I like the Xbox controller alot better for FPSs.

About the mod chip, they're not too expensive, but you have to figure that you're gonna be investing in more than just that in the modding department. Just getting the chip isn't going to do a whole lot (the same stuff it would do on the PS2, but with all the Xbox's capabilities, you're probably gonna end up spending more). The new OS is gonna be a little tough to find, but I'm sure someone on the board could hook you up (I probably could, but ask some other people first b/c I'd have to look for it). Upgrading the HD is pretty simple, just gotta open the thing up, unhook the old one, and hook in the new one. The new OS should recognize it. But [someone above] made a good point that its nearly (yes nearly, it is possible) impossible to play with a modded Xbox on Live. However, you can still play on places like gamespy and xbconnect, which are free. Just search xbox mod on google or whatever and it'll come up with numerous good sites...hope all that helps

fresh

hah i actually thought about getting both but i figured i would just get the better one and borrow my friends' other ones .

im assuming if you get the xbox mod chip you can get cheap ass burned games for it , right ?

One more thing , are the games that are availible for both systems , aka tony hawk series ... are the games the same or are they different versions , one of which being better ?

CAPITA , are those games you mentioned really sick though , like "games worth owning " ? i watched that video games awards too see hot girl , and also to get a picture of the best games but it was too hectic to watch the whole thing so i gave up ..../

PS . gamecube and dreamcast blow chunks ....;)

granted xboxs do have a more powerful graphics engine, but there are a ton of down sides. Xbox has a shittier game selection which is slowy making itself better. PS2 has a huge game selection and a ton of game franchises that only are made for the PS2 and about every separate game on xbox is on PS2. The whole online subject proves Ps2 tp be better, just for online you have to pay, the only plus is that its yearly. PS2 has many fun games online that are free. PS2 is dvd ready and its dvd player does not suck, its actually better than a standard dvd player cause the PS2, since a game system, has to function better, read better and read faster, so if there is a minor scratch on the cd it will just over look it and it will not affect the viewer at all, in the other case on a standard dvd player you will see a skip on the screen or it will go all square like on the screen. On Xbox you have to buy a dvd kit that cost 30 dollars. The controlers for the PS2 or just playstation are the best controllers ever in the whole history of gaming cause they are made perfectly for your hand. The xbox controls are big and bulky which microsoft knew this that is why they have changed the style of the controlers and if you notice they look more like playstation controllers.

Back to graphics yes xbox has a better processor, but its just a little bit better that PS2s. And to justify further for PS2 its not the console that makes the graphics its the producer, so if the creator doesn't put effort into the graphics then the graphics won't be good, plus the creators of any game have not yet pulled out the full capability of the PS2s graphics processor. Xbox may have many games but they aren't all good some are pointless games created to just expand their library. Ps2 has many great games that are old but will still entertain you for a year before you even think of buying a new release. So I"ll stop there since I've already written a novel. PS2 is the one for you. Peace

One of the funnest and illest games i've had the pleasure of playing is FATAL FRAME on PS2. It's a puzzle game and has a pretty awesome storyline based on a true story. I'd say get that game above all else. It seems a little gay at first because you are a japanese school girl with a magic camera but I wouldn't steer you wrong.

For controllers you cant beat the GC, their controller is comfortable as fuck, the ps2 controller just plain sucks. XBOX wins hands down tho, the PS2 is for if you only have 1 buddy or your mum likes to play.

I still have major love for the Gamecube and Dreamcast, the dreamcast died because it came out too early, not enough interest. if they had waited 2 years and made it much much more powerful with better graphics and a DVD player it wouild have done real good, but no body was ready. Sega only makes games now because they dont have the money to develop another console. The only way Nintendo and Sega can remain a major force in the games market is if they join forces.

Dude, if you have money to spend, get the psx that is coming out next year. 120 gigs of space, you can record hours of television onto it.

I only the ps2, but I’d be lying if I said I don’t fiend for owning an xbox sometimes. In the end, you have to realize – graphics ain’t everything. Plus, Gran Turismo 4 is coming out soon – only on ps2.

I think it was serum that said that in Japan, they all own the Sony. That is key.

Originally posted by EyeforAnEYE

XBOX all i have to say is HALO 2 is gonna be fucking insane. They keep pushing back the release date too. I think it's not coming out til' march or something. I'm patiently waiting for that game.

March? That soon? I heard that it won’t be coming out until 3rd or 4th quarter. I hope you’re right. Damn, that game is gonna be superb. Gran Turismo comes out around the same time. Both, to me, are must haves.

Re: fresh

Originally posted by ASER1NE

hah i actually thought about getting both but i figured i would just get the better one and borrow my friends' other ones .

im assuming if you get the xbox mod chip you can get cheap ass burned games for it , right ?

One more thing , are the games that are availible for both systems , aka tony hawk series ... are the games the same or are they different versions , one of which being better ?

CAPITA , are those games you mentioned really sick though , like "games worth owning " ? i watched that video games awards too see hot girl , and also to get a picture of the best games but it was too hectic to watch the whole thing so i gave up ..../

PS . gamecube and dreamcast blow chunks ....;)

1. Yes, but you've gotta know someone that has a DVD burner, not just a CD burner like with PS1 games.

2. When games like thawk come out for multiple systems, they usually have have their strengths and weeknesses. Xbox will have better graphics and sound, PS2 will have some extra online feature, and GC will think up something very, very useless to add in so that they have a special feature (ie. gameboy link capability, extra character). This isn't to say that PS2 is going to always have online features Xbox doesn't. If the game is supported on Live, it's usually going to be alot better than PS2's online component.

3. You said you're into tactical first person shooters, so you'll definately love the new Rainbow Six game. The game is just like Socom. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but I'd have to say I like RS3 better. Ghost Recon is pretty much the same game as RS3. Splinter Cell is a different type of game than the others. If you've ever played Metal Gear Solid, it's the same type of game. Sneaking around, snapping necks, and general badassness. I own both MGS2 and Splinter Cell, and I definately like Splinter Cell better. However, it's all opinion. The graphics in Splinter Cell are fucking epic. The lighting effects/shadowing are amazing, and the whole game revolves around them. You have to use the darkness to sneak around the whole game. Finally, Xbox has Halo. Halo is, in my opinion, the greatest first person shooter ever made...period. And when Halo2 comes out, it will take over that position...times 10. Seriously, its worth buying an Xbox now just to get Halo2 when it comes out. That game is gonna be unreal. I'm rambling now. Hope that helped

The way i see it is, I care not for facts and figures, i have a psx and i will stand by sony for life , ps2 top of the xmas list. Also, i have played the xbox and (this is gunna sound trivial and pathetic) the controller was too big for my hands, or, it felt like i was constantly gonna drop it or that i couldnt grip it proper... anyway. PLAYSTATION 4 LIFE!

Archived