Cannibalism is not a crime under German law.

Guest beardo

------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._crime_cannibal

KASSEL, Germany (AFP) - A self-declared cannibal told a German court in chilling detail how he killed and ate a man he says consented to be dissected and consumed in front of a running video camera.

In matter-of-fact tones in front of a hushed court Wednesday, Armin Meiwes explained how an obsession with cannibalism developed as a child and eventually led him to kill and eat a fellow human being.

"I had the fantasy, and in the end I fulfilled it," he said.

He had the chance to kill and feast on other apparently willing victims, he added, saying "hundreds and thousands are out there looking to be eaten," but passed up the opportunity because they were not the right type.

The macabre case is unprecedented in German legal history.

Meiwes, a 42-year-old computer technician who says he regrets what he did, admits killing, but insists it was not murder as he was only doing what he had been asked.

Testifying on the opening day of his trial for murder, he said his fantasy began between the ages of eight and 12, when he would imagine killing, carving up and eating schoolfriends he liked.

Meiwes, dressed smartly in a dark jacket and tie, said he felt lonely as a child after his father and two older brothers abandoned the family.

He longed for a younger brother. "But then I realised one day that was not enough." He soon began imagining a friend he could keep for ever by consuming him.

"Slim and blond, that would have been the type," he said.

It also aroused him sexually, Meiwes admitted, although he denied that sex was linked to the alleged murder.

"I didn't want to have sex with the partner I chose to slaughter. That had nothing to do with it."

Horror films and seeing animals slaughtered fuelled his imagination.

Cannibalism is not a crime under German law. Meiwes is charged with murder for the purposes of sexual satisfaction and "disturbing the peace of the dead" for carving up the body.

State prosecutor Marcus Koehler claimed Meiwes had always intended to kill and that he took advantage of a mental disorder in the dead man, Bernd Juergen Brandes.

If convicted, he faces life in prison. A verdict is due early next year.

Defence lawyers say Meiwes is guilty at worst of "killing on demand," which is punishable by up to five years in jail.

Meiwes, who has admitted killing, said he contacted Brandes, a 43-year-old Berlin engineer, after advertising via the Internet for someone willing to be eaten.

The whole scenario was recorded on video, reportedly by mutual agreement.

Brandes travelled to his house in Rotenburg, near Kassel, after settling up his personal affairs. At one point he demurred but was persuaded to carry on, the prosecution said.

After Brandes downed sleeping tablets and whisky, Meiwes cut off Brandes' penis which they planned to eat together, but found that due to its consistency, it was inedible "even when fried."

After a while Brandes became unconscious. "Spurred by sexual motives," said Koehler, Meiwes laid him on a bench, stabbed him and hung his body from a hook in the ceiling of his kitchen.

The accused said he kissed his "friend" first, "then I did it."

He dissected the corpse, slicing off 30 kilograms (66 pounds) of the flesh which he stored in a freezer. He later ate two-thirds of it. "With every bite, my memory of him grew stronger."

The case did not emerge until an Austrian student spotted another Internet advertisement by Meiwes and alerted police.

Officers who examined a mass of computer equipment and videos found at his home tapped into a hitherto hidden cannibal scene.

Meiwes said he later met five other people who had also offered themselves via the Internet.

One wanted to be beheaded, but Meiwes did not like him and thought him too fat. Another backed out when the accused told him, "if you come here, you have to realise that it will be for the last time."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think it's the same story I heard about a year ago.

the deal:

German cannibal meets german death-fetishist on the internet.

Death-fetish guy signs a contract that he thinks will keep the cannibal

out of prison after the death (a letter of consent). The cannibal fills the

guy up with pain killers then cuts off his cock and cooks it up for both

of them to eat. Then the guy takes a lethal injection and the cannibal

cuts him up for leftovers. Eventually cops arrive after tracking their

web communications, and the cannibal says 'It's ok, he told me I could'.

Cops say... sorry sicko... doesn't work that way.

i told a few ppl at work today about that...one of the girls almost threw up when it got to the penis part..

who the fuck is gonna let some one chop you FUCKING PENIS off and then fry it and eat it with you? i mean what is the world coming to..

*damn germans*

Originally posted by beardo

Meiwes cut off Brandes' penis which they planned to eat together, but found that due to its consistency, it was inedible "even when fried."

You know, I didn't think I'd find a commonality between myself and either of these guys but, I feel the exact same way about penis:

inedible "even when fried."

I'm from germany, this case is on the news here.

That guy is not going to get away with "killing on demand", because he was actively seeking a victim on the internet. The victim wanted to be killed which means it isn't murder either. They now plead for "Totschlag", i'm not sure what the american equivalent would be. But it's a bit like murder, but less harsh. I think he'll get up to 15 years.

The "killing on demand"-law was made for people who truly suffer from some real bad pain for years and are too weak to commit suicide or can't do it because they are paralyzed.

The whole canibalism-case is so damn weird.

Yes, we do have a lot of wiggers here.

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by igor

I'm from germany, this case is on the news here.

That guy is not going to get away with "killing on demand", because he was actively seeking a victim on the internet. The victim wanted to be killed which means it isn't murder either. They now plead for "Totschlag", i'm not sure what the american equivalent would be. But it's a bit like murder, but less harsh. I think he'll get up to 15 years.

The "killing on demand"-law was made for people who truly suffer from some real bad pain for years and are too weak to commit suicide or can't do it because they are paralyzed.

The whole canibalism-case is so damn weird.

Yes, we do have a lot of wiggers here.

sounds a bit equivalent to manslaughter.

how many of you motherfuckers really wouldn't eat human flesh if it was offered to you? barring the weird penis thing and the dudes making out or whatever, if someone invited you over for dinner and you asked "what are we having?" and they responded "this dude from two towns over, he was ripe." or whatever, you wouldn't try it?

i dunno, i'm a pretty curious motherfucker. i ate snake once, that shit was good. i'd try human at least once, given a legal loophole where i wouldn't be held accountable for anything.

Originally posted by sneak

i told a few ppl at work today about that...one of the girls almost threw up when it got to the penis part..

who the fuck is gonna let some one chop you FUCKING PENIS off and then fry it and eat it with you? i mean what is the world coming to..

*damn germans*

1. Certain demented Humans have been eating eachother since the beggining of time. There are many in history. So the world isnt "coming to somthing". There has always been sicko's and there always be, actually I would guess that canabalism has gone down in the last 1000 years dramatically.

2. Why blame all Germans for somthing that 1 person did. There is weird people everywhere.

3. I wonder what America's laws pertaining to cannibalism are. I am guessing we have none either.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

how many of you motherfuckers really wouldn't eat human flesh if it was offered to you? barring the weird penis thing and the dudes making out or whatever, if someone invited you over for dinner and you asked "what are we having?" and they responded "this dude from two towns over, he was ripe." or whatever, you wouldn't try it?

i dunno, i'm a pretty curious motherfucker. i ate snake once, that shit was good. i'd try human at least once, given a legal loophole where i wouldn't be held accountable for anything.

you are a sick fuck. go seek help NOW.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

2. Why blame all Germans for somthing that 1 person did. There is weird people everywhere.

No, we really all are like that here in germany. I was recently chewing on this guys arm when i started to realize that anotherone was biting bits out of my leg. He got interrupted by a guy who snatched him and put him in the oven.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow, when me and a friend will be eating my ears.:dazed: