:POLICE BRUTALITY:

Guest WebsterUno

Originally posted by E MARTYR

you arent a whiteboy loc'd out wearing nothing but blue fubu gear and shoes with blue laces with a slight limp in your walk strolling through a gated community are you?

if not, thats fucked up that they messing with you b!!!

RACIAL PROFILING LIKE WHOA!

Well I live in a suburb right outside of Philly..its not particularly upscale or anything..and theres some people who wear that type of shit..but I don't think I dress bad enough to provoke the police like that..I just stay with a pair of regular jeans..plain (non 3X) t-shirt and a fitted. And they fuck with pretty much everyone..the freak-looking kids..the bmx kids..everyone..but I have noticed that whenever I was with my one boy the cop let us go after seeing his military I.D. Hes german as fuck and seems like a nazi..his dads in the special forces. And lately we could be drunk as shit all stumbling and they won't pull us over if I'm with him for some reason. The cops are weird though..the ones who usually roll through my parts are the "badasses" who have a reputation of being an asshole. Theres others though that I have heard stories about them getting out of there cars and people from Philly just saying "GET BACK IN YOUR CAR YOU FUCKING SUBURBAN COP" and they get shook and roll out. But for the most part the cops are just bored and have no real crimes to be out solving so they decide to roll through here and abuse their power to make easy arrests.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i agree with dusty 100%.

honestly the cops exercised restraint just in the fact that they didn't shoot the dude. they would have been legally justified in doing so.

in dealing with PCP in particular, cops are trained not to use pepper spray or mace EVER. the reason is that people on PCP have reacted violently in custody- some have died while in custody due to a reaction of the drug with pepper spray. furthermore, the shit just doesn't work with people on pcp- and people have done shit like literally claw their own eyes out.

so they couldn't have "just maced him."

honestly, a 350lb dude on coke and pcp has a 50% chance of having a heart attack just walking down the street, let alone getting in an aerobic fight with the coppers. his fucking heart gave out- if the cops wanted to kill him they could have easily through far more direct means.

let's face it. police do fucked up shit all the time and abuse their power often. but this really is not one of those cases, and is an extremely poor rallying point for people against police brutality.

cincy has its own set of really bad problems that need attention. and it's really sad that this dude died. it sucks, and is pretty senseless. but it makes no sense to go screaming police brutality on this one, i'm sorry.

that footage was fucked up. i genuinely believe that it was a case of excessive force, i mean, they beat they guy and he died as a result. it was ruled as a homicide by the coroner, nothing to do with the drugs in his system, his obesity, or his enlarged heart. as i have heard.

Originally posted by TEARZ

i agree with dusty 100%.

honestly the cops exercised restraint just in the fact that they didn't shoot the dude. they would have been legally justified in doing so.

in dealing with PCP in particular, cops are trained not to use pepper spray or mace EVER. the reason is that people on PCP have reacted violently in custody- some have died while in custody due to a reaction of the drug with pepper spray. furthermore, the shit just doesn't work with people on pcp- and people have done shit like literally claw their own eyes out.

so they couldn't have "just maced him."

honestly, a 350lb dude on coke and pcp has a 50% chance of having a heart attack just walking down the street, let alone getting in an aerobic fight with the coppers. his fucking heart gave out- if the cops wanted to kill him they could have easily through far more direct means.

let's face it. police do fucked up shit all the time and abuse their power often. but this really is not one of those cases, and is an extremely poor rallying point for people against police brutality.

cincy has its own set of really bad problems that need attention. and it's really sad that this dude died. it sucks, and is pretty senseless. but it makes no sense to go screaming police brutality on this one, i'm sorry.

What you're saying is beyond dispute, but.. you did see the beating they gave to this guy, correct? Granted, he was on PCP and coke so he probably could have chewed his way out of a squad car at that point, but they had him on the ground for what seemed like long enough to cuff the guys hands and feet. What you said is true, though.. I supposed it's a judgement call... I only saw what was half-ass shown through the cruiser video.

On a similar note...

In a couple weeks I will have my own PCP ROBOT hoodie.

I suggest everyone order a couple.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by 26SidedCube

What you're saying is beyond dispute, but.. you did see the beating they gave to this guy, correct? Granted, he was on PCP and coke so he probably could have chewed his way out of a squad car at that point, but they had him on the ground for what seemed like long enough to cuff the guys hands and feet. What you said is true, though.. I supposed it's a judgement call... I only saw what was half-ass shown through the cruiser video.

they stopped hitting him once he was restrained.

the whole time he was on the ground, they were trying to restrain him, not just thumping him to thump him.

and like you said, or for others who dont have experience, dude was all keyed up and wetted out! and HUGE. and obviously aggeresive. they did what was necessary, nothing more, nothing less.

I had no idea it made nationa news....

First off, this incident royally just fucked up my senior thesis. I am making a documentary about police and student relationships and now all of the officers I've had already talked to are backing out of their inerviews.

I've been following this pretty closely just because it affects what I'm working on.

Firstly, the police issued a statment saying that the police in the video were following proper procedure. Secondly the family of the man hired a 'civil rights' lawyer (fyi he's a local guy, He is a lawyer who advertises like a rapper. He's got big posters of himself with two chained pitbulls plastered all over the ghetto. And when he did this press conference he did it in his office, which had two HUGE scarface movie posters hanging on the wall.) but this lawyer held a press conference where he AGREES that the police in the video did follow PROPER police procedure.

Just to clear that up.

The debate:

The first 90 seconds of the police tape are cut off, for whatever reason (technical or crooked cops, whatever). The police tape starts with him attacking the police and getting beat down. The question is what happened in those missing 60 seconds that made him attack the police? Did the police prevoke him? Did he bug out and start throwing 'bows? That is what is currently being investigated. They also aired the White Castle security camera's footage which just just useless because the quality was so bad you couldn't see anything. The inside footage shows him dancing around, but not being violent. But the paramedics and police were called for a reason.

PCP:

The city's coroner's office stated that he has PCP + Cocaine in his system.

The family of the man is getting their own, independant autopsy done in another city (Indianapolis). They pretty much publically accussed the city's coroner's office of beaing corrupt. They stated several cases in the past where the media had been informed that the suspect had 'cocaine in his system'. While this is true, this does not mean that the individual was high at the time. I am not high while I write this, but that does not mean that there are no traces of drugs in my system. Intersting point.

I don't know what happened or who was in the wrong, I just think this incident would not have gotten so much attention if it had happened in another city. The other police killings mentioned in this post I have never heard about. But the fact that the Cincinnati Police Dept. is involved immediatly makes it suspect.

Oh, and the went to the same grade school as I did....only 30 years before me.

Guest WebsterUno

^^^hahaha...sorry, but that was funny.

Thanks wise, for coming through

with the inside dope!

See, thats what has me thinking

somethigns fishy. If you see the tape.

It looks like they cut some shit out.

Just like WISE was saying..there

appears to be some missing footage.

Like theyre trying to sugar coat the shit.

Go back and reread my first post on this

topic. I had said there wasnt anymore

coverage on the incident. That had me

questioning things. You know how things

get covered up. (Im trying not to sound

like a consipracy theorist here..ok!)

The day they aired this, I was sitting in

my garage with my homie. He is a

6 ft and some change, 300lb brutha.

He is pretty intelligent himself. Not

one of them bling bling jabronis.

We both sat there and tlaked about

it. He thought it was fucked up,

regardless of the fact that he was a black

man getting beat by the cops. Like I said,

it doesnt matter if he was white, mexican

or chinese...a man go tbeat to death by the cops.

In Cincy...Again.

They say he had drugs in his system,

but, that could mean he had traces of

said drugs. The news story, if you read

it..said he suffers from a sleeping disorder.

He fell asleep in front of White Castle,

and he got woken up. They say he got

out of hand, and thats when they called

in the cops. The cops are saying he

wasnt cooperating. So, they had to resort

to beating his ass down.

Youre right about macing somone, and them

going even crazier, to the point of clawing there

own eyes out. But, they do have thingslike stun guns,

and those bean bag shotguns, and nets...

so they dont have to kill someone.

Also, my cousin got beat down by the cops

about 7 months ago. He was on the run,

from like 16 years in the pen. He had been

chased by cops on 2 seperate occasions,

so they went on a manhunt for him.

When they found him, they bumrushed the

pad he was staying in. He was resisting arrest.

They started clubbing him, and he tried to fight back.

He took out 11 cops...NO LIE!

So, because of that, they beat him some more.

They wrote down that the suspect (my cousin)

was on PCP. They had used the excuse that he HAD

to be on drugs to withstand such a beating.

My cousin was black and blue all over his face and body.

He almost died. So, he was jailed after being released

from the hospital. They had taken blood from him,

to determine if he had drugs in his system...

the test came back NEGATIVE! So, they dropped all

previous charges, and the ones he received that day.

Theyre dropping his probation, and hoping he wont sue.

Hahaha..fuck that...he is sueing.

Sorry man, I dont trust cops.

the thing that bothers me most about this thread is people coming in and saying shit like...

"hey i have a black friend, and hes actually smart."

man, that type of shit kills me. you subconsious stereotyping bastids.

its almost like saying that an intelligent black man is out of the norm.

oh well.

Yo I heard they were fighting over the last onion ring and shit got crazy?

I watched that tape they're is NEVER a need for that much force of a guy on the ground regardless.......unless he's a goof then shoot him

ps non canuks that aven't been locked up GOOF=CHILDMOLESTER

Guest WebsterUno

I just said that so people wouldnt

think Im talking about so dumb kid

thats stilll pissed about what happened

to Rodney King. My homie was pissed off

cuzz all you see is 2 cops beating the shit

out of some guy, becasue he was big and black.

and possibly on PCP...did they test him on the

spot? Did they know for sure he was on drugs???

and what about that vietnamese lady...

she got taken out by a cop too.

You know if it was the other way around,

the person would get life in jail.

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by Frate Raper

I watched that tape they're is NEVER a need for that much force of a guy on the ground regardless.......unless he's a goof then shoot him

thats what Im sayin

Guest Dusty Lipschitz
Originally posted by WISE

First off, this incident royally just fucked up my senior thesis. I am making a documentary about police and student relationships and now all of the officers I've had already talked to are backing out of their inerviews.

I've been following this pretty closely just because it affects what I'm working on.

Firstly, the police issued a statment saying that the police in the video were following proper procedure. Secondly the family of the man hired a 'civil rights' lawyer (fyi he's a local guy, He is a lawyer who advertises like a rapper. He's got big posters of himself with two chained pitbulls plastered all over the ghetto. And when he did this press conference he did it in his office, which had two HUGE scarface movie posters hanging on the wall.) but this lawyer held a press conference where he AGREES that the police in the video did follow PROPER police procedure.

Just to clear that up.

The debate:

The first 90 seconds of the police tape are cut off, for whatever reason (technical or crooked cops, whatever). The police tape starts with him attacking the police and getting beat down. The question is what happened in those missing 60 seconds that made him attack the police? Did the police prevoke him? Did he bug out and start throwing 'bows? That is what is currently being investigated. They also aired the White Castle security camera's footage which just just useless because the quality was so bad you couldn't see anything. The inside footage shows him dancing around, but not being violent. But the paramedics and police were called for a reason.

PCP:

The city's coroner's office stated that he has PCP + Cocaine in his system.

The family of the man is getting their own, independant autopsy done in another city (Indianapolis). They pretty much publically accussed the city's coroner's office of beaing corrupt. They stated several cases in the past where the media had been informed that the suspect had 'cocaine in his system'. While this is true, this does not mean that the individual was high at the time. I am not high while I write this, but that does not mean that there are no traces of drugs in my system. Intersting point.

I don't know what happened or who was in the wrong, I just think this incident would not have gotten so much attention if it had happened in another city. The other police killings mentioned in this post I have never heard about. But the fact that the Cincinnati Police Dept. is involved immediatly makes it suspect.

Oh, and the went to the same grade school as I did....only 30 years before me.

damn, sucks about the thesis...

about the 90 seconds:

i agree that it would be helpful. but what happend is that police were responding to a call of a disorderly guy or whatever it was. you can see him rolling to the scene, lights on. the way their dash cam works is that it only records when the police have their sirens on. when they arrive at the scene, they initially think it is under control and kill the lights. this is why there is 90+ seconds of fuzz. then when it starts to jump off again, they hit the lights, and the cam starts again. would it be helpful? yes. but its not a conspiracy coincidence.

PCP:

they found a pack of smokes in his car leaced with PCP. dude has drug convictions. does that mean that they were really there? no. just because he got popped before, was he on shit that night? no. BUT, in both cases it is more probable that they were there (the cigs) and him being high on something, then not.

Originally posted by eastsider

This type of slang is fucking annoying.

you are fucking annoying. you want proper english, frequent a scholastic english message board. talking in slang aint gangsta or cool or graff, but dont be fuckin surpised if some people around here use it.

Guest WebsterUno

hahahaha...^^^ that backlash was even funnier.

I still think they could have stopped

clubbing him after the 10th blow.

Yanked or not, thats some fucked up

shit to beat someone like that.

now, about that lady with the

potatoe peeler vs. an armed police officer...

tearz, they did mace him once he was on the ground w/ 6 dudes on him... but yeah, i don't think anyone is trying to use this incident as the focal point or anything.. were they excessive? yes... were they rodney king excessive (also on pcp)? no

has anyone here actually done pcp? seems like a wierd drug.

our entire justice system needs to be overhauled and reformed, bottom line..

the police are a cog in a machine that is clearly breaking down..

there are plenty of incidents to cite when considering whether police are excessive..this is not one of those incidents..

anyone who has experienced cocaine and PCP knows the invincibility that comes with those drugs..

PCP is a dissociative anasthetic, after all..this means that it notonly makes you numb to what your body might be feeling or experienceing, it also gives you a sense of being removed from your body..the shit is insane, one of the most unpleasant and agressive drugs i've experienced..

i cannot say that the police were excessive because, as tearz noted, they excercised restraint by not just shooting him..

however, there are patterns developing that need to be adresed, and this is not the only city where the police have neglected "protecting and serving" and moved on to "judging and brutalizing"

there is a middle ground here somewhere.

society obviously needs people in authority to deal with criminals, police need some check in their behavior beyond what exists..

well, the nothion of the police cog breaking down is interesting since police, the watch, or whatever throughout history was never really designed by the society, but sort of adapted; that being said, the concept may easily contain inherent flaws... of course, one could argue that the very nature of the organic adaption of a police figure in society wouldn't be flawed because the role was "grown" as opposed to created.

once again getting abstract and off t:dazed:pic

Guest WebsterUno
Originally posted by !@#$%

it also gives you a sense of being removed from your body..the shit is insane, one of the most unpleasant and agressive drugs i've experienced..

to answer Vanitys question...yeah, Ive tried it once.

I didnt feel that invincable feeling, but I have witnessed

it first hand. Dude thought he was incredible hulk!

I felt that unpleasant removal from my own body experience though.

I didnt like it one bit. Thats why I tried it only once.

fuck that shit.

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

not to turn this into a drug thread, but i have smoked alot of dust and been around it alot. shit is SHADY. i am real familiar with the effeccts, thats why i think its huge to note in this case.

and like whats being said, and i said to bring it full circle:

sad? yes.

excessive? no.

the guy was huge, aggressive, and probably on drugs.

Westphal said, "If you must carry a defense weapon, I suggest carrying pepper spray. It’s 100 times better than mace. Pepper mace has no physical side effects, and the symptoms are gone in 15 to 20 minutes. The only drawback is that it doesn’t work on someone who is under the influence of PCP, heroine or extreme cocaine, because their nerve endings are not sensitive, their adrenaline flow is very high and this is what the pepper spray affects."

from http://www.illinoisrealtor.org/Member/publ...r/1994/safe.asp

and just because the cops have someone on the ground, that DOES NOT mean they're in control enough to cuff a suspect. also, from what i've seen, it's not the easiest thing to get an obese man's hands behind their back enough for their hands to touch.

the plain and simple is this: if you struggle, you get beat.

borg.jpg

resistance is futile.

Guest WebsterUno

when I see that picture of Carlton,

I think of the dance...I want to see someone

do the Carltonn dance right now...

I need a good laugh.

:lol:

Originally posted by Dusty Lipschitz

not to turn this into a drug thread, but i have smoked alot of dust and been around it alot. shit is SHADY. i am real familiar with the effeccts, thats why i think its huge to note in this case.

and like whats being said, and i said to bring it full circle:

sad? yes.

excessive? no.

yeah, i already summed it up in the other post i guess, but pcp is a sick drug, wet is even worse..

i have had it in conjunction with others, and i cannot fathom it with coke.

yikes.

that's a powder keg..

it was fucked, i'll admit and state right off the bat..

but i saw the dude's aunt on tv crying and i couldn't believe it..she was saying over and over how kind and gentle he was and i'm sitting in my living room laughing... "guess you never saw him jacked on coke and wet before?!"

eh dusty, i hope your name ain't drug inspired, cause that'd make you like a pcp hippy

inspired by this discussion, i decided to go give pcp a try... i dunno what ya'll are tlaking about this stuff ain't shiiAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:krunk:

Guest WebsterUno

I once seen some dude

running around in circles screaming, "I LOVE YOU!"

repetedly. He was butt naked, and flapping his arms furiously.

That was until the cops showed up.

then they beat him to death...no, Im kidding.

but they did arrest him.

Archived