some old characters by me

igor

i can't believe that someone dug out my 20-day old thread. Yes, what prvrt wrote was dutch, not to be confused with deutsch (the german word for german). I do speak german.

I think i started painting 1990, might have been ´89, not sure. I quit around the year 2000 or so.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ropa dope

i think HAL nailed it.

i was reluctant at first, but these cahracters are sick, and a definite break from the monotony of charagters-especially the overworked relistic ones seen in mainstream graff media. a couple of them remind me of the characters on the "schoolin kids aok style" by reas and company. but thats not to take away from the ripeness of them, just an observation.

can you cook igor to a hard substance grind it up an put it in a bowl? if so im on board.

he wanted to come around these days to show me his latest pics, i'll scan and post them as soon as i can. Most of the stuka-pics i got are rather old (from the days i've been writing too), so i'm looking forward to see his new stuff. In the last years he usually "forgot" to take pictures of his pieces, so he can only view them in mags himself, but in 2003 he picked up the good habbit of taking pics of all his pieces. I'll also post some pics by tir4 (also in my crew, the BSC). For our fourth member tasek, just check out www.tasek.de

• 7 months later...

im so glad i didn't see a bunch of "bboy" charectors that with the same backwards hat with different colored clothes, etc.

some remind me of something out of ren-n-stimpy and i love there stuff. its humorous, creative, and well painted. i would like to see something new.

psk: no, i never use the airbrush on walls. I used mostly Belton

spoonsports: ren & stimpy were some of my inspirations indeed. There won't be anything new from me, i quit writing for health reasons.

fermentor: it depends. The one with the character that holds a camera got crossed two days later by a kid (i caught him while doing it). The "friday 13th" lastet about 9 months.

Originally posted by igor

fermentor: it depends. The one with the character that holds a camera got crossed two days later by a kid (i caught him while doing it). The "friday 13th" lastet about 9 months.

That's too bad, I hope you gave that kid a stern talking to. :)

Seriously, you are very good, ever think about going into cartooning or making comics?

i took the few cans that he had and emptied a can of coke over his head. That was fun but i was still frustrated.

Yes, i did think about cartooning but was discouraged by people telling me how hard it was to make a living off it, so instead i studied graphics design.

Archived