credit cards anyone?

Tyler Durden

First off...don't mess around with any cards that require to pay for it. That's horse shit. There are plenty of free cards with decent rates. I have pretty much one of every major card. I pretty much always try to use my discover....cash back for buying shit. I used to never carry a balance, but there are cards out there with 3.99% rates right now...so that might change. If you get one...use it for a while, don't miss any payments...then call them up and tell them the rate is too high and that you're going to leave unless they lower it. Most of the time they'll lower it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah it sucks, sometimes i go into baller mode..nice restaurants etc, never buy clothes though but im all about the road trips ....then i have a moment of enlightenment when i realize I AM NOT RICH...yeah it would be worse if i owned a house but i dont not yet. ill wait til i can learn to hold down a job and i find a suitable place to live.

BTS big time spenders, buy that shit= hahaha that song suits me well

I can't even get a real credit card. I don't know why. Companies keep sending me these bullshit credit cards that you can only use to order shit from certain magazines. That's not cool. Thinkin mr.yuck is gonna fall for the banana in the tail pipe and not read the fine print.

I'm cool with my check card, although i can still go into debt. $28 charge for everytime i overdraw. Booh yah.

somehow my first credit card said the rates were gonna be %10 and then some how mysteriously I find out that the rates where more like 25. No good. pay allthe money off and split.

Now I have a visa and the rates aren't toooo badd... but its still sucks.

I only use when I take a vacation or want to do something ridiculous.

Pay it off and you're allright. Read! the fine print and understand it.

Originally posted by Misteraven

amex is the most expensive to have, but does the most towards building credit.

Am Ex is also accepted everywhere in the world, no matter what Visa tells you... You may not be able to buy luinch at some french restaurant or pay for your bull fight tickets at the gate with your card but you can walk into ANY bank in the entire world and walk out with traveler's checks, which are better than Visa because TC's are cash.

Am Ex is in sole control of their cards as well, You can get a Visa card from almost any bank and some gas stations...they are all different, offering varying rates and services...

Another thing you should be aware of, well, 2 things... Am Ex has NO spending limit, none, not on any of their traditional cards (I dunno about this new Blue deal) BUT, and it's a BIG BUT... BUT... You have to pay your American Express bill IN FULL every month. You cannot carry a balance on an AmEx card... I don't believe there's ever been an annual fee for an AmEx either...

Bottom line, Get an AmEx and use it for purchases you can already afford, mail your bills in at least a week ahead of the due date and watch your credit rating steady improve... Get a Visa for purchases you can't immediately afford and pay as much as you possibly can each month...

Visa is convenient but AmEx will save your ass!

Archived