I know there's ninjas on 12oz but......

RumPuncher

Originally posted by LENS

my gf took Cho lay Fut kung fu when she was younger and she knows how to fight...i mean really fight. That girl can hit fucking hard when she wants to. I called her a bitch once and only once because when i did she ran across the room and sank her fist into my chest. i had a goddamn apple sized bruise the next day.

There was actually an underground fight tape with her in it beating some girls ass to the ground with kung fu back in the day. it circulated around fremont for a few years and then dissapeared.

you should have slapped that bitch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the Follow-Up

So I went in for a tour/introduction at the school.

The sensi (there's only one) seems like a really cool guy

and the other students seem nice enough too. However they

all seem a little dorky, and because it's a brand new dojo, no

one there except for the sensi and his guests are over an orange belt.

I think they need a guy like me to liven it up.

He went though one of the most basic katas with me and I totally had it down

after like 2 tries. His buddy was like 'where did you take karate before?'

I explained that I did a bunch of tai chi in my teens so learning routines

isn't too tough, it's just the new moves that are hard. But yeah....

I'm looking forward to sparring when I actually get some skills.

I did wrestling all though highschool so getting into the ring and

getting the chops isn't new to me. I'm excited!

I'm going to sign up and go full bore with this.

• 1 month later...

so I've been at it for over a month now and I'm hooked!

seriously... I've slimmed down a bit around the hips

and I can totally feel more muscle action in my legs.

Plus the girl really like the added pelvic stregnth!

I've picked up on things really quickly and the class is a great size.

There's a few novices like me and then a few guys who did other training

when they were young and are now getting back into it. One guy was

a 'red belt with a black tip' (??) in TKD. Hopefully there's gonna be a few

people who can grab a pint after class too.

Yeah that sounds good, I could really use getting back into shape. Especially now because if I put it off for another year or two some bad shit might start to happen. The problem is, I'm already preparing for the art of living off rice cakes while scraping and hustling for rent every month, so I might have to put any martial arts off for the time being. I can always go back to playing soccer though, which I'm decent at, and which would get me back in shape just as well.

I could see you sticking it out mental.

The results can take a long time to materialize,

but you do notice slight improvements really soon.

Little things like posture and balance, that I though I was

already bringing the A Game, have improved too.

My dojo is only $80 a month and I do 3 full sessions a week

plus one tourney training session. Plus it gives you much more

focus than going to the gym and doing a spinning class or some soft panties shit.

K everyone bear in mind that what I'mgonna say is not intended to disrespect any martial art. They all have good and bad points.

If I was starting out again I'd start with straight boxing. It hardens the body builds strength speed co ordination ect ect. It also teaches you how to take a punch which most martial arts dont at least initially. With that I'd staet mixing in yoga for the meditative and flexibility aspects.

Once you have done these 2 things for a years or so you will definately be tougher than your average dude. But more importantly you will have a better idea of where your strengths are. After that I'd start to explore every different art I had access to until I found the one that takes advantage of my natural gifts.

Thats my rant.

i hear kickboxing is a great workout and since i'm half thai..and it originating from thailand its always caught my interest.. i was thinking of taking it after my baby was born to get back in shape.. but i already have built legs..and i wanted to work up my upper body more.. so then boxing has always interested me also.. i'm not sure though

About 2 years Okinawa GoJu-Ryu (A hardened form of the discipline)

8 Years of Tae Kwon Do (The worst form in my opinion. Serves as a good introduction to the world of martial arts, and a good platform for building, but being a 2nd dan blackbelt puts me no where on the level of a fighter trained in Kung-Fu disciplines.)

And roughly a year of a form of Kung-Fu I won't disclose.

And also scattered training in boxing and free-form fighting.

i had some friends who took wang chung (wing chung) and that shit was nuts. like they were learing how to kill fools with those three fingers to the back of the jaw. all this one hit crazy moves. the sensai was like the best in the states, some crazy shit like that. his son who the world champion went to japan and was found dead in an alley, shot in the back. thats all for that story...all true excpet the titles and shit.

i took boxing for a few months and got bored of it but that was because of the place. it did get me in shape and i will try to find another

Originally posted by Glik0

About 2 years Okinawa GoJu-Ryu (A hardened form of the discipline)

that's what I'm taking.

I just found out that an ex-girl of mine who has a 2nd dan in Shodukan

is going to be joining my dojo. wonderfull..... I'll be getting my ass kicked!

• 1 month later...

bumpers upers

status report:

Well it's been a few months now and I'm going for my yellow belt testing next weekend.

I've got these katas down solid to the oint where the sensi has me at the front of the dojo so the newer student can watch me doing it.

great exercise... good fun... but free sparing with blackbelts is still a bit of a stretch.

I do it... but not very well.

I suppose after doing all the different forms that you've done, belts arent as important. This however, will be my first belt of any kind and it's going to be nice retire the belt that came with the uniform.

i have trained in a form of ninjitsu for over a year now

ninpo, if you've heard of it

it's really great stuff and you learn a TON about the culture if you have a good sensi

anyone else rocking the ninja steez? (seriously, not just in it because "ninjas can totally flip out")

i do muay thai/bando and brazilian jiu jitsu , some no gi grappling also.. i started doin some vale tudo training, but havent been doin too much vale tudo training lately... bando has different sections from weapons to the muay thai part...and kilo, if yuor gonna get a matted area yuo can get a good VITAMINS and MINERALS TATAME for cheap, its what we have at my boys crib for grappling and shit..its a nice mat and a good price...and for the heavy bag if anythin you shuold get a thai bag so yuo can have the full height..yuo can get a fairtex or a TKO bag for cheap, filled or unfilled, but if you dont care about price i suggest yuo rock the fairtex joint..those bags are meant to last..of yuo can get a everlast canvas NEVATEAR bag for cheap at like sports authority or dicks sporting goods...i train BJJ with a dude that does ninjitsu, hes been doin it for a whiles now..the techniques are real serious...

Archived