Commercials

Smart

VW mustve come out with a new commercial recently to promote the new luxury ride theyre debuting. (the name of the car escapes me at the moment...) but overall its one of the better/more effective commercials i've seen as it actually had my attention.

anyone else seen this commercial? if youve seen it id think youd remember it.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Tyler Durden

(the name of the car escapes me at the moment...) but overall its one of the better/more effective commercials i've seen as it actually had my attention.

So effective the product name escapes you. GO VDUB.

for some reason I always liked one of the first Saturn coms. It said some thing to the effect of with the money you'll save you can afford to :: list of things:: among them was "throw a bar-b-que", as a guy hurls a Bar-b-que over his sholders. Kinda dumb but i liked it.

Originally posted by Smart

so... the "it's ok, I had Subway'...

the girl and guy are in the car, he's like 'did you just eat that whole thing of cookies?'

she's yada yada... then they're at family day or something, grampa has a football and dude tackles him through the bushes...

'Second Down!"

I like that one, none of the others...

My favorite, hands down.

the only geico commercial i like is the one with the white prison dude talking to his lawyer, cause it actually looks like a prison dude, or maybe just what the white trash prison dudes look like that hang out by the greyhound station by my house. i usually catch myself hearing a familiar commercial over and over, paying no attention to it, and finally loooking up one day and seeing whats going on. reminds me of that Culture Jam book....

Originally posted by Smart

so... the "it's ok, I had Subway'...

the girl and guy are in the car, he's like 'did you just eat that whole thing of cookies?'

she's yada yada... then they're at family day or something, grampa has a football and dude tackles him through the bushes...

'Second Down!"

I like that one, none of the others...

that one was funny

spoorts center commercials get me rolling

like the one with holyfield from a few years back

dood is talking to someone in the office and they get in a disagreement

so later hes talking to holyfield and he goes 'hey yea me and carl were talking about you earlier and he said he would call you the number 1 heavyweight fighter ever... in idaho'

then holyfield is walking around the office going

'come on out and get your whoopin carl'

or the discovery channel meteor commercial

that one snickers commercial:

"WHOOO HOOO BIG 'OL MICHAL STRAYHAN,..HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS;..I SAY HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS"

then he turns away, and when he turns again mickal strayhan is barreling at him full speed...:lol:

to me anyway...:o

and some of the new sportcenter commercials aren't bad either, the tiger woods one where the one caster sees tiger in the media room and says"hey tiger we still on for lunch" and he says yeah stu. or whatever, then the whole golf crowd can be seen comming through...:lol:

being an advertising major, i look at print, radio, tv and billboards that same way i did graff. you start noticing it alot more and realize what sucks and what doesnt. you just become more aware of it.

anyway, i'm surprised noones mentioned the "Real men of genius" commercials by Bud Light.

I also think the Terry Tate commercials by Reebok are great.

And some of the truth corporations spots are real great.

www.adcritic.com and www.adage.com are pretty good for looking at television spots if youre at all interested

the best geico commercial is where the toys are talken and its like an alien toy and a robot toy about to fight and the geko says "blah blah save on ur car insurance" and they look at each other and there jaws drop, I FREAKIN LAUGH SO HARD EACH TIME, its great. it works out my abs :lol: :lol: :lol:

so, lately I been seeing this guy 'Ross' from Friends doing these 'Internet PredaTOR' commercials...

Did he get a DUI or caught with drugs or something?

Those commercials make me think 'Ross' is some sort of pedophile stalker... I don't really watch that show ever so, maybe that's his character but I think it's creepy...

there was an ad on fox sports west that went like this

:::

crazy guy standing on top of like 50 foot cliff dives head first into the ground, and then 3 judges hold up signs with a score on them then the announcer says something like, all the local sports, no matter where you live

:::

funny shit