going digital

igor

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by maekr

fuck a pencil, what about cans?

I'll upload some pics of both, pencil sketches and pieces done with cans. I don't use spraycans anymore though because i have asthma, which made me quit writing a few years ago. But the love for graf won't quite let me go, that's why i'm doing digital stuff now. Not quite the real thing, i miss the smell, the feeling, all of that... but when you have troubles breathing every night after writing it's no fun either. Gasmasks help a little, but not 100%.

It will take a while till i post more digital stuff though, because they take me a few hours each and i'm too busy at the moment to do more. I've only done these three so far.

KidTwist: Photoshop is just as cool, but it's quite a different way of working. Vector apps such as Illustrator are more flexible, you can change anything at anytime without loss of quality. If you use Vector i recommend Illustrator. Freehand is okay, but i don't think it's quite as good. Photoshop has some vector features, but it's not the same. Yet still, PS has other advantages.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Thanks for uploading the pics. I see some similarities in the i, especially the element on the bottom left, but neither him nor i invented it. And we share the same two first letters, that's rather rare. But apart from that, he's got quite a different style, less wild, a lot more angular, less flow (i'm not saying that it's bad, just different).

Never mind.

yes, they do take me some time. Hard to tell exactly how much because i never finish them in one go. I guess up to 6 hours, but i might be totally wrong.

I do have a tablet, but i use the mouse with the pen tool for this because it's more precise. I always start by scanning in the original pencil-drawings and tracing the lines in Illustrator.

hey cool, someone dug my thread out and put it to the top. Thanks:)

Well, have you checked out the link i mentioned above yet? It's actually a character thread, but has a few pieces too. Style is a bit different because the flicks are old, mostly from the mid 90s, while the digital stuff is brandnew.

Archived