INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

I've been playing with inks for more than a hot minute now, heres my current stance on inks.

All I use now is Marsh black dye with about 1/4 Violet garvey, and a touch of nero for no reason at all. For the weather conditions around here, it seems to have the best results outdoors.

Garvey on its own for streets, I havent found any good at all. About 1 in 20 things hit gets stained. Same with nero. THEY DO HOWEVER kill insides the best. Same with fiebings.

I now always mix 3/4 Marsh with everything and it works destructivly. I'm going to get some white pigment marsh and mix with the Garvey, as I've heard many good things. Destruction comes first.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

wish i could cop some garvey. griffin works the shit tho. im still looking for a nice recipe which i can use some gentian violet with tho. so far not much success anywhere yet. but i would like to hear a few recipes. in fact, what the fuck?? ink recipe SUPERthread? ink recipe scramthread maybe. this thread is dying fast. peace

i found great success in this recipe..

1) krylon ultra flat black bucket paint

2) acetone

3) brake fluid

pour everything into a water bottle and shake it up but be careful, depending on the temperature outside, the chemicals may react differently. since i live in florida and its hot, the mixture gives off a gas which creates pressure in the bottle causing it to make it psshshshshs sound wen i open the bottle back up but my homeboy up in n carolina said wen he did it it didnt fizz at all.

anyway, back to the recipe. pour all that into a mop and let it flow. the acetone makes it flow better but also makes it dry. the brake fluid counteracts the acetone without thickening it and keeps it wet longer so it can seep into the surface. if u use it in a kiwi shoe polish container, it works great.

nukmop5em.jpg

sorry if this was already posted or if you think this is retarded and that im a toy.

to all of you who arent jackasses, enjoy :D

the benjamin mooore weatherproof aluminum paint is basically krink in a can, no need to thin, it comes in a liquid form already, and the red bottle is semi permenant black hair dye, when i put the hair dye on paint, it turns purple when dried, once that happenes its never comming out, unless they paint it, it wouldnt even smudge, itll just get a light purple haze over it, but all of your marks will remain dark. I thought of using the hair dye after my sister got some on our bathroom door and it wouldnt come out, just mix that shit with some water then go to town with it. and the two sharpie markers a good for shit like that too, they cant get it out of anything thats already painted, and if they paint over it it bleeds back through the surface. does anyone know that ingredient in the marker that makes it do that? i know that alchohol breaks up oil, but what type of alchohol is in a pilot marker? lemme know

the benjamin mooore weatherproof aluminum paint is basically krink in a can, no need to thin, it comes in a liquid form already, and the red bottle is semi permenant black hair dye, when i put the hair dye on paint, it turns purple when dried, once that happenes its never comming out, unless they paint it, it wouldnt even smudge, itll just get a light purple haze over it, but all of your marks will remain dark. I thought of using the hair dye after my sister got some on our bathroom door and it wouldnt come out, just mix that shit with some water then go to town with it. and the two sharpie markers a good for shit like that too, they cant get it out of anything thats already painted, and if they paint over it it bleeds back through the surface. does anyone know that ingredient in the marker that makes it do that? i know that alchohol breaks up oil, but what type of alchohol is in a pilot marker? lemme know

the two markers that i used to put the ink in said washable window chalk on the package, the work great and are refillable, plus their mini mops, and if u want to u can squeeze for more drips

[/img]P6010013.jpg

all i wanna noe is wuts good for poster paint markers...wut kind of brand name u get in the us nd wut u mix it with.....juss short nd simple...if u can tell me and specify now much exactly to mix together for kiwi mops.....sorry imma newb at markers

i was inspired and just made a new mop. lol. i made it with textura paint blue, acetone, transmission fluid, and a litttttle bit of motor oil and rubber cement. try it just make sure u put enough acetone so it stays think. this shit isnt getting buffed without a real effort!

First, I frequent this thread quite often, and have learned quite a bit thanks to everyone for that! I still have never seen a good answer to this question I've tried a few of the recipes on here some which include Marsh and Garvey they do the job but i noticed i used Montana INk which i known isnt the greatest but is definatly improved by some dot3 and runs a little better with some waffle syrup and that shit is butter!! But with these homemade inks i cant get it to shine like the montana. I dont expect montana to give away any secrets but i was hoping i could count on somebody to let me know what i can add to an ink recipe to add a real nice gloss (ink not paint).

I know the usual inks but there has to be something better out there.

Anyone know a more aggressive substitue for brake fluid?

Or a professional ink/dye/stain website?

I am having mad trouble trying to find anything about inks...

the pilot/leather dye combo i think could use some upgrading..

Yes i am trying to make a super ink and im hoping taking a scientifical approach will help me find something we havent noticed yet :| I haven't been to the library, im hoping ill find something there, maybe something on staining properties etc..

FORGE ILL TRADE...I GOT 300 BOTTLES OF GRIFFIN SITTING IN MY HOUSE..JUST WAITING TO GET USED...I GAVE 48 BOTTLES OF GRIFFIN TO ACEONEROCK HE MIGHT TRADE BUT I THINK HE'S SELLING IT...IF YOU KNOW ANYONE INTERESTED IN CHICAGO WHO WANTS TO BUY GRIFFIN HOLLA...U GOT MY NUMBER IF NOT YAHOO IM...HIT ME UP IF YOUR OFFER STILL STANDS...

Originally posted by FoRGeRoCK@Apr 15 2005, 08:59 PM

yo if anybody as any black griffin that there willing to trade for other supplies hit me up...

i have ....

prismacolor sketchbook markers...

permapaque sketchbook markers...

decocolor paint markers ....

painters paint markers...

craft etc paint markers...

garden craft jumbo markers with 3/4 inch nib...

jumbo zigs with 3/4 inch nibs....

small cans of testors paint....

blackbooks...

and more!...

if anybodys interested

my email/yahoo messenger is

aerosol_warrior9313@yahoo.com

my aim is

forgerock1

OR U CAN HOLLAR AT YOUR LOCAL GRIFFIN DEALER LIKE ACEONEROCK OR ICEONEROCK AND GET A BOTTLE OF GRIFFIN FOR $4-5 BUCKS DEPENDING ON WHO'S SELLING IT TO YOU...

Originally posted by ABSTRKT@Apr 19 2005, 12:36 PM

skip that crazy beet juice recipe with all the color inks... just order some ink online... http://www.artprimo.com buy garvey and white marsh and mix it... you'll have a good indor outdoor ink.

ionone,

i dunno if this helps but my mate got a hold of some fabric dye a while back. It smudges easily, you only need spit to smudge it but it leaves a stain thats hard to get rid of and leaves an excellent ghost.

my mate did a tag on some bus stop, they buffed it but left a stain, bare other people hit it up after that, once all that had been buffed you could still see the stain...

Look Lads.

Try this out. Get this shit together.

Raven Oil.

Leather Dyes. (2 or more types)

Brake Fluid. (synthetic and motorbike, Dot 3 And 4, whatever you want.)

Citrus Brake Cleaner.

Carburettor Cleaner.

Transmission Oil.

Some Atrline Ink. (whatever color u prefer)

Feast Watson Woodstainer. (prooftint, colour of your choice)

Chuck all that shit into a 600 ml bottle

Giving 100 ml for the top 2, 50 for the next 4, and 100 for the last 2.

Your alll set, now go and ghost like muthafuckaz.

i tried just spraying silver paint from a spray can into a mop yesterday and it just explodes out. how do i control that? is it cause of the fumes from the spray paint? is it best to just go with that benjamin moore aluminum paint and throw in some thinner? HOW DOES KR GET THAT SILVER???? ahhh so hard!

have you guys thought about cutting out circles from chalkboard erasers then ripping off the weak kiwi nibs and supergluing the chalkboard erasers on? will the paint effect the super glue?

santa, yeah man my friend works in carpet cleaning said hes used some shit that is 4-5 times stronger than any other type of dye on the market. I don't know if something used for synthetic fibers would stain surfaces i would want to bust on really well though.

But as i see it if it can keep something the same color for years through vacuuming cleaning and daily walking then it must be pretty hardcore :D, especially with pilot ink and brake fluid ;/

hes gonna get me an ounce of black dye powder in a minute, im probablly gonna just add it into my leather dye-pilot mix and hope it stains even more.