INK RECIPE SUPERTHREAD

rubbish heap

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i did some research on gentian ink for you and i found out its that purple ink they use to draw a dot on your ear when you get it pierced as well as drawing lines on skin for surgery so it buffs pretty easy and its non toxic so im guessing it has VERY little to none staining power. hope this helps homie. peace

i dunno man i got some of this stuff on my hands last night and it still wont even fade. i think if i can find something to mix it with ill be good to go. ps anyone ever heard of "jo sonja's artists' colours"... any recommendations/experiences??

Hi Im new. Ive been tagging for like 2 months and have obly fucked with spraying walls so far. Im making a marker using a sof sole scuff and stain remover bottle. I was wondering if I could use a little bit of a sharpie in my ink micture?

I don't know if this has been brought up or not, but has anyone seen the "Professional Sharpie". It's a new ink. i have only seen them in the fat chisle tip, they have yellowsides. There pritty cool there made to wright on wet or oily surfeses. I have cought a couple of scripts with it (one on cardboard covered with bacon grease, thick too ,just to test it) and it works great !!! thumbs up from me!

ink mixture questions:

mixture:

pilot super color ink

cologn

snap brake fluid

waterproofing liquid

would any of these have a weakoning effect on the permancy

pilot ink is the one in the picture above(black)

Originally posted by TIPOR+May 23 2005, 08:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TIPOR - May 23 2005, 08:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>ink mixture questions:

mixture:

pilot super color ink

cologn

snap brake fluid

waterproofing liquid

would any of these have a weakoning effect on the permancy

pilot ink is the one in the picture above(black)

[/b]

Originally posted by TIPOR@May 23 2005, 08:38 PM

oh yeah and some oil(for like bike chains and shit)

ok, first off, you cant mix ink with oil, so the bike chain shit is out. second, being that your ink is made partly with water, it may not mix well with the waterproofing liquid. tho im only assuming there. finally as for your brake fluid, ive personally found it works better in paint recipes better than in ink recipes, unless you mix the ink with a strong dye like griffin. also, make SURE your brake fluid is - dot3 - otherwise your wasting your time and will ruin your tags. and one other thing use a slightly small amount of brake fluid, as it will thicken your recipe fairly significantly. good luck. peace

<!--QuoteBegin-tnulbehtssap024@May 24 2005, 08:46 AM

hay ive ben trying different things for markers and i was wondering if there is any way i can use acrylic paint in a marker

yup, but make sure you mix it with something that stains pretty hard. and make sure it isnt waterbased acrylic. its usually weatherproof, but itll be fairly easy to buff tho. whatever it does the job anyhow. peace

Originally posted by ABSTRKT+May 24 2005, 11:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ABSTRKT - May 24 2005, 11:05 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Beer Can@May 16 2005, 06:43 PM

yeah put some etch into an empty woodcraft marker

and i hit up a bus stop

about a week later it got buffed...

what gives i thought it was supposed to leave a ghost

ETCH IS FOR GLASS!!

Takes some time...(few hours)

[/b]

well, nowadays a lot of bus stops are made with glass..but as for the marker not working, maybe you're not getting enough of the etch on the glass? i used a woodcraft filled with etch bath for an entire summer 2 years ago (i don't really fuck with it these days), but the ones that rode the hardest after attempted buffing were the drippy tags..beautiful.could be that the glass got replaced, mass transit systems have been wise to the etch game for a some time now..

I'm not a big marker guy, but i was sittin on the bus lookin at bleach stains that have been there for like years and i thought,

"how do they fix that? do they replace the whole seat?"

Maybe its not a good idea but bleach instead of ink for cloth permanent structures might be a big hit, i don't know, maybe people already do it. Would have limited use though...